Make warband free to save it @Dejan

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, i think it has finally happen, the game is in its terminal phase. There so many long-standing gaming clans, regiments, etc that disbanded this last year. The EKG of Warband has now become a flat red line.

I want to say to the Talewords team that players have enormously contributed to the success of Warband through mods, videos, tournament, servers, and overall creative contents that used the game features as best as it could, but all that enormous investment is in danger as the player pool, especially in multiplayer, is reaching all-time low. I just discovered that LOTR multiplayer mod recently that just can't seem to make it due to the ridiculous residual amount of active players.
Warband is a fantastic game and it deserve better.

Bannerlord has been a commercial success and there is a big poing to be made that it has and still is grossing more than enough money.
Warband cd key is findable by any buyer for 3€ on digital keys website instead of the 20€ steam listing, really, there is very negligible money anymore in warband for the company, it's and old game.

But there is one last thing you can do, in order to give back to the players, and it is to make it free, it will instantly make all the difference, look at what happened with Battlefield 2042
It would probably even boost Bannerlord sales eventually, as you'd give f2p players a great demo in discovering the game features through wb and then move on to the better graphics of banner.

Christmas is approaching, why not make warband free on steam then and forever by @Dejan.

I have not read something this ridiculous on this forum for a long while. 4,500 players on average daily is a great achievement for a 13-year-old game like Warband and no one can really expect all of its former players to stick to it without trying other games. SP is going strong after all these years, but MP may indeed be dying out and that is perfectly normal. Still better than having swarms of players from the Third World countries who may cheat and destabilize the handful of servers that have been up and running for longer periods of time.

Picking up games on seasonal sales is a good deal and Warband can be very affordable then. Whoever wants it free is a vile beggar (away with them!); anyway, TaleWorlds is better off with it being as it is now.
It would probably even boost Bannerlord sales eventually
All those free-to-play Warband owners who could not even buy discounted Warband would not ever afford Bannerlord.
in order to give back to the players
The existing owners of Warband would not gain anything from this; they are fine with the current state of affairs.

I am from "third" world country. The price for us is much cheaper than for "first" world imperialist union of countries. It should be as it is now. I have 4 copies of warband on different platforms. What made me happy is that now steam Keys are valid for taleworlds downloaded distributive. What makes me disappointment is that Bannerworld has casual playing experience. They should make it more interesting based on so many mods on warband. So they will loose player base eventually.

Back
Top Bottom