Yet another appeal for DualWielding

Users who are viewing this thread

kenoxite said:
Night Ninja said:
That last comment wasn't supposed to be directed at you. :razz:

Hey, direct reply to my post that contains a late edit directed to another poster, but without quoting him and while using a generic "you"...

Yeah, thus 'supposed'. :razz:

El-D, Rapier and dagger does work in its specific context, and it works well. The problem is when people remove it from that context and treat it as a system that wasn't irrevocably intertwined with its cultural background. A good rapierist is a pain in the ass to oppose with any weapon.

I would say no to dual weilding but I think maybe the BANDITS and ONLY the bandits should have dual weilding and maybe the caravan master becuase Armies would never use dual weilding.

"It would come out to be 22 damage max. First thing you will say is this sucks. Not quite. Since there are two weapons you use you get more speed factor."

Actually not really. Simple logic here: 1 sword is heavy, wouldn't 2 swords be heavier? Why would 2 swords be faster than one? A dagger gives about 20 damage and it's pretty fast, but what moron would use it in a massive battle? It just doesn't make sense. Dual wielding is cool, just not in Warband.

Lazevedo said:
I personally would find dual wielding two shields very effective. It might not be historically accurate, but climbing a 50ft long, 2ft wide ladder, at an 80 degree angle, without the use of hands, in order to invade a castle filled with rhodok crossbowmen isn't either.

Sigged! :grin:

Maybe if there's no dual-wielding support in Native, support could at least be implemented for the module system to easily activate it. Taleworlds has always been good to modders.

Back
Top Bottom