Workaround for centurion dialogue freeze

Users who are viewing this thread

GunnyErmy

Recruit
So I'm not a modder or anything but I was playing with the conversation.txt file and found the section concerning the nihilistic-type centurions, whose dialogue freezes after the second screen.  I made a backup of the file to desktop then simply tried deleting portions of that section, and after a few attempts seem to have stumbled on a fix.  Open converstion.txt in the Sword of Damocles folder and scroll down to the section of conversation that looks like this:

dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_1:cpdla_nihilistic_2 4095 76  0 I'm..._bleeding..._is_this_finally..._the_end..._?  229  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_2:cpdla_nihilistic_3 69631 229  0 Yes._I_believe_it_is._Your_wound_is_deep,_and_you_lost_much_blood.  230  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_3:cpdla_nihilistic_4 4095 230  1 1 2 936748722493063605 144115188075855887 At_last,_I'll_see_the_other_side_of_existence...  231  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_4:close_window 69631 231  1 1 2 936748722493063334 -5

The portion I deleted is in red.  I then added two spaces and a 0 after the 230 in the same line, so that it looked more like the ones above it.  Then I moved the line below up a space so that it now looked like this:

dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_1:cpdla_nihilistic_2 4095 76  0 I'm..._bleeding..._is_this_finally..._the_end..._?  229  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_2:cpdla_nihilistic_3 69631 229  0 Yes._I_believe_it_is._Your_wound_is_deep,_and_you_lost_much_blood.  230  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_3:cpdla_nihilistic_4 4095 230  0 At_last,_I'll_see_the_other_side_of_existence...  231  0
dlga_cpdla_nihilistic_4:close_window 69631 231  1 1 2 936748722493063334 -5

The 0 I added and the portion that moved up a line is in green.  I turned on my cheats and ported around until I found a centurion of the correct personality type (Centurion Cnaeus in this case), battled, won, and was able to finish the dialogue.  Be warned I have no idea what I deleted, but it seems to have worked.  Still I'm saving my copy on desktop for a while in case I run into any snags.

I'm sorry for not taking things into hand with SOD for M&B. When I get closer to Warlords 4.0 release, I will start to fix the issues in SOD Gold that have been crashing the game.

I'm actually feeling sort of bad as I have the power to fix it.

No worries.  I've read all the forum info on modding b/c it interests me quite a bit but never jumped into it yet, so I have a small understanding of how busy you must be with warlords.  And sorry for messin with your mod at all, but this is one of like 3 or 4 mods I've really enjoyed, and your centurion dialogue is great so I really wanted to finish it :smile:

while your at it could please bloody fix the recruiting lords bug as the game keeps crashing every time I try to recruit new lords a damnn trying to manage 30+ fiefs is hard work, just gotta hope some rhodok lords come to join me

Oh yah, I forgot about the events where you can duel a noble(why is it a swbian knight again?) and continue dosnt work.

But yes, sticky till it's fixed please

COMPUTICA!!!!!!!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: people on the Moddb page for SOD are complaining  a lot about stuff I can't fix or don't know how too.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: SOD needs to be returned too, fixed completely (even if slowly and in small patches), and re-released as SOD: RELOADED. Then work on warlords

It seems SOD has been abandonded, and we are forced to slug though bugs, or go join the Warlords bandwagon. I don't like Warlords because it brings the Imperial Legion it at the start, and so you don't get that sense of impending doom, like you did in the first one.

Back
Top Bottom