• Yes.

Votes: 74 59.2%
  • No.

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 22 17.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that regardless of how much better or worse the combat is compared to Warband (80-85% of my Warband were on multiplayer, so even though Bannerlod's singleplayer is far more expanded, at least 66% of my playtime will be there); I'll end up sinking at a bare minimum a couple of thousand hours into the game. So with that said, and all that I've seen so far, pre-ordering is a safe bet. The last game I preordered was Aliens: Colonial Marines and I haven't even considered preordering since. Bannerlord is a safe bet, though.

I'm still salty about how the development has gone, and I'm still going to play this **** like a crack fiend.

Cpt. Nemo said:
>preordering a game

You lose nothing by waiting for reviews n' such of games. It's all digital nowadays, they ain't running out of them anytime soon.
+1

7dIGWy.gif

Even if you're a cranky guy and people fear you, once again I'm 100% in agreement with what you're saying.
For example, now that so much is said about Cyberpunk (I've followed its development over the years), I know it's a safe bet coming from where it comes from and that I'll ultimately buy it. But my money will move the day the game becomes truly available; I don't like to pay for an encapsulated air bottle adorned with a ribbon.

Well, I need to build a new PC for Bannerlord (even though the game's requirements look surprisingly modest, I want to have the best experience). So I probably won't pre-order, since I'll be looking at others' feedback to decide what hardware I should buy.

What are the likely benefits anyway? It's not like the old days when you pre-ordered to get a CD/DVD in your hands on release day. And I don't see TW offering "unique starting items" or similar lures, and if they did I'd prefer not to have them anyway.

For me, I already know I'm going to play it, blemishes or not. I already know I'm going to enjoy it. I'm very casual. I'm not going to throw thousands of hours into it because I have other things to do (looking at you unfinished DKoK miniatures, books yet to be read, etc). I don't care about reviews from other players. I'll pre-order simply because I can. If it isn't an option, no harm there.

You guys almost make me feel bad for saying I would preorder it.
Honestly, like Triune, I can't care enough about the opinions of other players and reviewers (on this particular title, everything else I rigorously read reviews and scores to get an idea if it's worth it). And if there is any advantage in buying the game a few hours before it launches (essentially - pre-load the game) I will do it if I have the monies. It's not like I'm going to be able to play it on day one anyway, so I could just wait and buy later, but I want to be certain I don't waste money that would go to Bannerlord on superficial things like food and electricity.

Terco_Viejo said:
Cpt. Nemo said:
>preordering a game

You lose nothing by waiting for reviews n' such of games. It's all digital nowadays, they ain't running out of them anytime soon.
+1

7dIGWy.gif

Even if you're a cranky guy and people fear you, once again I'm 100% in agreement with what you're saying.
For example, now that so much is said about Cyberpunk (I've followed its development over the years), I know it's a safe bet coming from where it comes from and that I'll ultimately buy it. But my money will move the day the game becomes truly available; I don't like to pay for an encapsulated air bottle adorned with a ribbon.
I'm in agreement with you both. For me the only reason I'm pre-ordering is because my economy might not be the same the month it releases compared to the month it might be available for pre-order. Other than that and pre-load there really are few reasons to pre-order. Don't know if it would even help the company since it would be better for them to sell from a release date to counter dissatisfied pre-orderers who would potentially want their money back. I mean if a user can read the reviews first they might not buy the product. But if it looks good and they pre-order then are disappointed and ask for money back, it would hurt the company more I think. Pre-order "sales" might not be an accurate representation of actual final sales.

But what if pre-ordering comes with some small additional feature? Like a preset face of of one of the Devs? Or a different painted horse? Would people opposed to pre-orders pre-order then?

monoolho said:
I don't waste money that would go to Bannerlord on superficial things like food and electricity.
Who needs electricity when we have Bannerlord? No electricity = medieval immersion.

Cpt. Nemo said:
>preordering a game

You lose time. How could you make up for those few Bannerlord-less days? You can't.  :lol:

RoboSenshi said:
I personally will not. Mostly because of the frustrating development cycle. I've kinda fallen out of love with the series.

Development cycle isn’t abnormally long though. There have been games in development for far longer, it’s just that they aren’t announced until towards the end of the development period. 

Exitialis said:
But what if pre-ordering comes with some small additional feature? Like a preset face of of one of the Devs? Or a different painted horse? Would people opposed to pre-orders pre-order then?
I not only not pre-order in that case, I also consider this a colossal dickmove.

If they throw a bait for you to buy the game now, before the reviews are up, then that's a red light to me. Maybe they're just greedy, maybe they want to show shareholders how many people will suck milk of their teats even if it's not always teats they're sucking, or maybe there's actually something in that they're afraid will lose them sales once known.

Orion said:
Maybe they just want to capitalize on the propensity of some people to buy things on impulse, in which case it's marketing 101 and you can't blame 'em for that.
Major dickmove, and it would be detrimental to my (and other's) respect for the company. I seriously hate those preorder bonuses - "take this pink pony with a dragon skull sword when you preorder need for speed underground 4!", and I can't really see anything worth making a bonus of in BL, but I would still do it just for the security of having the game installed when I'm finally able to play it. But I would then be disappointed that I would never do it again for them.
The only preorder bonus I can think of is added/free soundtrack, artwork and wallpapers. Not great, but still something worthwhile.

Taleworlds are the only company that I'd pre-order one of their games. From my point of view they've always respected their customers by delivering a concept that was completely missing, not rushing out rubbish in money grabbing attempts and taking their customer's ideas on board and implementing them. Certainly can't say that for many companies.

If they add some bonus to it, then yes. No in-game advantages like weapons or (horse) armor though, please.  :facepalm: Though, I would not be opposed to some cool skins for previously mentioned items.  :shifty:

Mount and blade 2:Bannerlord I will pre order this game because i wait since long years ago.
1)I buy 1 for play on steam.

2)If there are some CD Collector Edition or CD I buy 1 and I never open the packaging.
It's will be the fisrt videogame that i pre order.
I think this buying will stay in my memories.
It's will be a little support to the company.

3)I buy some games for my friends because they need this game for play with me :grin:

Coming close to 1500 hours...  I don't mind.  Inclined to buy a new desktop just for it, my desktop is 5 years old but I'm holding off getting a new one for now.  Bought warband on some sale in 2014 and I think I bought 4 copies to gift to friends on sale.

Terco_Viejo said:
Cpt. Nemo said:
>preordering a game

+1

7dIGWy.gif

How can you fear someone associated with consoles? Disgusting!

Back
Top Bottom