Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

Users who are viewing this thread

From what I understand, with the 1.3.x, the Bannerlord base will be completed and all the announced features will be released. According to messages here and there from devs and CM on the forums, at this moment, we will have some sort of future plans post.

According to the release plans post I'm expecting a DLC announcement or something like that. But will there be more ? Or less ? I don't know but what are your expectations ?

By listing, in one place, what we would like to see added to the game after 1.3, Taleworlds will have some resources on what we, the community, want. I personally don't want to see Taleworlds doing a Total War/Creative Assembly move with them releasing content that their community just have no interest for.
------
Personally, I want the game to expend for many years ahead. Warband had a very long life though modding and community implication. Bannerlord needs to do better than that.

DLCs and future patches should add new content to play AND new features that expands the depth of Bannerlord's gameplay. One example of that would be a total conversation DLC that adds elephants (new enemy types) and naval warfare (water/sea mechanics and véhicules with agents on it) in battles

On the other hand, multiplayer is a huge part of the Mount & Blade experience. Taleworlds choose to focus on competitive small-scale game modes. I don't see those game modes receiving as many hype for them than this:

The multiplayer part of the game needs more resources assigned to it so that small-scale gamemods still receive support (at least like the one we have now or a better one (RIP Captain mode)) while big scale events and big scale game modes start being a focus.

Taleworlds focus on competitive for MP is laughable. The only valid gamemode in native BL is siege.

With that aside, I hope they add more roleplay systems to the game as well as naval combat so the overhaul mods can be even better. I pretty much don't care about the full native experience of SP or MP now, I just hope taleworlds expand mechanics and tools for the modders to make good use of them.

I think that their focus on the competitive gameplay is, in some part, what makes the gameplay feel so good in large number of players game modes and especially in big events. So I assume that not everything is wrong with that choice 👐
There isn't much focus on competitive gameplay though. The only reason there are tournaments is because the community stepped up. Game is less competitive than warband in many ways. If anything, the game was made easier compared to warband to accommodate for casual players which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The only focus that is clear from TW side is the focus on SP compared to MP, which makes sense, the majority of players play SP. The MP is an afterthought and the laughable size of MP updates in almost 4 years proves it.

There isn't much focus on competitive gameplay though. The only reason there are tournaments is because the community stepped up. Game is less competitive than warband in many ways. If anything, the game was made easier compared to warband to accommodate for casual players which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The only focus that is clear from TW side is the focus on SP compared to MP, which makes sense, the majority of players play SP. The MP is an afterthought and the laughable size of MP updates in almost 4 years proves it.
I don't think that, for example, the: "right clicking before shooting when using a bow to get ready to shoot faster" feature would have been in the game without the competitive focus that Taleworlds initially intended. Maybe I'm wrong with this, I don't know, it's just speculations 👐

I don't think that, for example, the: "right clicking before shooting when using a bow to get ready to shoot faster" feature would have been in the game without the competitive focus that Taleworlds initially intended. Maybe I'm wrong with this, I don't know, it's just speculations 👐
Taleworlds wanted BL to be competitive in 2017, but they made it clear in 2019 during the private alpha that they had completely given up on it. We found out later that TW had no plans to listen to the competitive community and just wanted us to bug test for them for free, but that's another story. If taleworlds really wanted a competitive focus they would have listened to the hundreds of threads during the private alpha and closed beta, but they didn't. The game is made to be casual friendly first and foremost, all the competition you see is thanks to the effort of the community, not those of TW.

What are my expectations ? From what I've heard previously, after the Console release there will be a Multiplayer patch, then ?? God I hope they add some late game depth, it's boring as F ATM. I'm not into World conquest.

Great to get an update on the future.

For Single-player ;
The "Replay mode" they have promised, deeper features on diplomacy, trading, cunning, smiting ... And DLCs like boats, elephants, guns, map extensions, new factions ...

For Multiplayer;
Give the tools to the community to make the modes they want. That would be way better and plus, Talewolrds don't have to care about it, just making it viable for the community, and focus on single-player.

For MP to get attention again. Fix their completely awful class system that no one in the MP beta wanted or asked for... Revert it back to the tried and tested "buy more weapons with more kills" as snowballing was never an issue in Warband anyway since you could buy hard hitting weapons at the sacrifice of armor. That was a fabricated issue to justify the stupidity of its implementation.

Put in the server architecture code so that servers stay up for longer than an hour. This isn't 2002. Quit being lazy. Give people full control of mod tools because you all have clearly made the decision to do nothing yourselves with MP. Let the playerbase do a better job than you ever will.

Console player back from warband days, I think focusing on sp is best at this point. Console mp dead at this point and not gonna make a return. I have a bad feeling us console players are gonna get eventually bent over again. Happened for warband, why not again?

images

I expect them to talk abit about how they plan to deal with the massive amount of cheating and glitching (exploiting) currently going on on all native servers. I cant wait to hear that they will have regular mods and admins on the servers as well as a strategy to combat the cheaters.

Well I tried.

They need to focus on single player at this point.

There are some major changes for combat that are needed - buffs for spears and armor, nerfs for archers.

Then the late game needs more work. Empire management and diplomacy are 2 areas that are really lacking.

I want them to focus on expanding the native single player by adding more mechanics, more realism, make it so the game feels less repetitive, make it feel more alive.
* add diplomatic features, like making alliances and non-agression pact, make minor clans more interesting and useful, maybe make them become stronger until they can potentially take over settlements, make coordinated sieges with your allies etc...
* rework the relation system with lords, notables etc.., add new interactions... Make it so you actually develop relations with each clan members and not just the clan leader. Gain relations after battles with them, clearing bandits/enemy parties near their settlements etc...
* expand the culture system, make it so your soldiers' culture actually matter, if you're at war with battanians as the empire make the battanians in your party lower your party morale (like in warband) also add a feature that allows you to convert your troops to your culture troop tree with a cost (gold + instant party morale but which disappears after a while) make it so culture can convert overtime in settlements either after a conquest or passively through the influence of neighbouring high prosperity settlements.
* add QoL features, like bulk smithing/refining/smelting, spawn in settlements with your horse, better troop sorting, and more...
* expand companions, being able to send on missions, like recruiter, messenger etc...
* rework the skills system, i've never been a fan of having to pick between different perks, maybe add the option in campaign settings where you can pick both :smile:

I would also like some sort of "soldier" mode or maybe a story mode, where you don't play as a leader but as a solider, or more like a companion, you can still be sent to some locations to do different missions. Sometimes you want to play Bannerlord but don't want to bother managing a party/army/kingdom yourself and figure out what to do, you just want the game to tell you what to do.

All those features could be added progressively with for example new factions DLC as free updates, with an expanded map, like islands to the west (which could add naval functionality)

Once that's done they should start focusing on total conversion historical (or not) payable DLCs like in warband with fire & sword and viking conquest.

EDIT: oh and yeah, coop mode, either join your friend's game and make your own party and do your thing, or become your friend's companion and do like I said above with soldier mode

Last edited:
TW is giving out free content update and it's really good but the problem is most of these are not what we expect, removing formation in partyscreen and weather system... I don't say the weather system is bad addition but many expecting things should be piority. Finish drawing the picture and then color it, what TW do now is scribble colors when the painting is unfinished
Many mods should be in the base game such as :
Improve garrison
More arena
RTS camera
Distinguised service

Back
Top Bottom