Who of the old guard are still around?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know, right? Reminds me of a lot of interesting times and people. Teofish, Awdev and FrisianDude, Vieira, Jock, Harkon, Kirk, just to name a few. IA and others posting pictures of scantily-clan women. Some of the older dudes being gay on each other all the time. Shatari's farming/rural life stories (I wonder how all that's going?). Jhessail and PoisonCourtesan making me laugh whenever they'd go ape**** at people. All the times when people were there for one another when someone needed advice, or just someone to talk to. A lot happened here.

Truthfully I'm very sad to see the forum in the state it's currently in. I always enjoyed coming here and seeing so many different people giving their perspectives on a variety of things. It's been a very valuable place for me over the years and it's a shame that the most active thread here right now is merely a reminiscence.

I think it was always kind of a fluke website that held on despite the overall decline of forums across the internet. I remember years of speculation from people here that Bannerlord would bring a load of new people for better or worse, but nobody considered that they would all go to Reddit or Discord instead, and then mostly fade away because the game sucks. Anyway the culture here (horny europeans and argumentative americans) is just not compatible with how most people use the internet now.

It probably would have been worse if you just had 10,000 zoomers giving the moderators a headache and giving you bad final memories of this place. People just moved on with their lives on their own accord instead. A peaceful death in sleep rather than dementia.

Truthfully I'm very sad to see the forum in the state it's currently in. I always enjoyed coming here and seeing so many different people giving their perspectives on a variety of things. It's been a very valuable place for me over the years and it's a shame that the most active thread here right now is merely a reminiscence.
Hear, hear.

Also I think the forum software update ruined part of it too. Bannerlord being a monumentally dissapointing heap of wet steaming **** + the terrible new forum software kind of killed any magic left.

It's a shame.

It is a shame, I agree the forum update was a big part of why I stopped visiting here. Nice to see some familiar faces are still alive though, hope all y'all are well!

Nice to see some familiar faces are still alive though, hope all y'all are well!
Hey! You too!

On a completely different note: As fun as this reminiscing is, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't all sunshine and roses back then. I can think of a couple people I regularly interacted with for years who were usually as enjoyable to be around as a cactus shoved up my ass. Not to mention countless other, smaller incidents.

Yeah, there are definitely times I look back at old posts and cringe a bit at how I've treated people. Can't say I've always treated you well to be honest, Arvenski. :oops:

Water under the bridge. To be honest I've long thought of you as being pretty friendly, so if there was ever anything different I've forgotten all about it. I wasn't very kind to some (actually pretty nice) people, either, and I regret that.

Back
Top Bottom