Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aust

You should also be aware that "revenge reporting" out of spite or vindictively spamming the 'report function' because "OMG SOMEBODY SAID THIS IN THE PAST AND I JUST GOT WARNED FOR IT" is something we have issued mutes for multiple times.

So right now, I'll give you a choice. I can mute you for spamming the report function and issue warnings to everybody you just reported, or I never saw this particular instance of you being childish.

Your call.

The rest of you, quit spamming this thread or I'll just mute you because I'm fed up of telling people to stop spamming this thread. We have a whining about warnings thread you can go whinge in, so take it there.

Uh, I didn't 'spam' it. I already stated I that specifically picked out things that I do not believe got warnings and that were particularly recent. You said to report them, and while I admit you did say 'future', I do not see why posts that occurred prior to my warning should be immune to punishment. The majority of them are posts that I recall seeing at the time and pondering on.

So, mute me if it makes you feel good about yourself, I'm just pointing out how arbitrary and inconsistent this moderation has proven to be, yet again.

Was going to ask about the mute/watches et al.. I'm just going to safely assume they have something to do with what's above and leave it at that.

Why do people take warnings so seriously? Captain lust once gave me a warning for making a redundant thread that that totally actually wasn't redundant, and though I'm still bitter and angry about it after all these years I've never really whined on the forums about it..

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
And for the record, the word "****" is not against the rules; it is the application of it which makes it a personal insult. I couldn't care less if people wanted to call David Cameron a ****, or Mother Teresa, or whatever; if you insult somebody, then regardless of the word you use, don't expect there to be no consequences.

RabbleKnight said:
Maybe because the more warning/mute you get the closer you are to being banned.

I've been muted 2-3 times and i don't want another mute as it might be too close to the ban threshold.

Just to make it clear, I don't think reaching an arbitrary number of warnings or mutes means a ban. From what I've seen, behavioral bans occur if you persist on committing the same offence after being warned/muted several times in recent times. Which means you show no signs of understanding or complying.

I don't think the moderation is so ruthless that they won't tolerate some quirks or occasional outbursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom