What the hell?? Fierdsvain has 10000 troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Next time pick your battles instead of charging in. Look at enemy troop numbers, add them up. If there is too many find out who is the worst threat and raid their villages while their wasting time sieging. Capture their own castles and cities. Make their armies disperse and spread out. Send Lords to raid villages. Then rally your forces and destroy them piecemeal.

Oh, and never focus on holding one town or castle, because if you do, you will lose everything.

While they're taking Sarleon you could take your ten lords and take one of their towns simultaneously. Sometimes it is feasible, sometimes it is not. Ten lords is too few for uber late game though.

Eschaton said:
Bravado said:
Eschaton said:
Also, given about two weeks, they would just regenerate all those troops again. There must be a better way.
1. Say goodbye to Sarleon
2. Kill them in smaller groups
3. Capture the lords
4. Throw them in prison
5. Throw the key away

They wouldn't regenerate all those troops again. Guaranteed.

Problem with that is they tend to escape most of the time I defeat them. And even if I do take them prisoner they escape after a period of time (in a town with prisoner tower), or the Fierdsvain will ask for them back for a price, and I'll lose honour if I don't give em back. They have 59 lords, and many of them have 100, 200, 300 troops.

I managed to defeat all the other factions without any lords at all, it's just the Fierdsvain that are ridiculous. They seem to field more troops than average compared to other factions...even early on in the game.

Sarleon is gone. You will recapture it when you will solve this lords problem.

Max your Prison Management (or at leat 7-:cool:.
In my experience, POP is so difficoult that you cannot free no lord. They must go in prison. They must remain in prison up to the end of the game. Built a lot of Prison Towers.

Some lord will escape. It's not a problem.
Honor loss is not a problem. Free villages from bandits whenever you have the chance and it will be ok.

Shot any alone lord army that you can find. When Fierdsvan will have 20-30 lords, you can restart the conquer. Fierdsvan Marshalls will come with 10-15 lords, so you can field battle and defeat them.

Trick with Fierdsvain is basically to catch them in the open. I've beaten Fierdvain armies, not of like 10k, while being outnumbered 5-1 at least. I got barely any casualties, the trick? Get on a hill and wait, their cavalry will charge at you but you should be able to kill them fast, just some valkyries. The next wave is either a mass of huscarls and berserkers, or them just dotted around, tell your archers to hold fire, ride behind the infantry and tell your archers to shoot again. They'll get shot in the back. If the enemy infantry gets close, tell your caalry to charge, they'll clear the field in a couple of seconds.

Alright, so I beat the Fierdsvain and took over Calradia.

What I did was let them take Sarleon and I then made peace with them. Then I went around during peacetime and converted about 20 lords to my side via, "There is something I want to tell you in private" option. I also accepted all the lords waiting in my court and most of them are -100 with me now, but that's okay, I only had to keep them not to give myself troops but to rob the Fierdsvain of theirs.

I couldn't convert any of the original Fierdsvain lords (the ones with the long names like Aedin Redsword or Gundar Iceheart) so I captured Konigur Valids, then I captured something Doomseeker (their then-marshall), fight a couple of battles where I carefully made sure I wasn't fighting more than 600 at a time. It was easy with CKOs. After imprisoning Doomseeker there seemed to be no marshall effort and it was as simple as taking all the castles from the Fierdsvain, and I elect Lord Hamid (one of the least annoying lords) in my kingdom as Marshall, and he even took Ravernstern, Rane, and Ishkoman for me.

Fight in small groups. capture the lords and lock them up.

Then throw away the key and deny any attempts at ransom. farm noldor to keep your honor up.

how i did it when i took cez and 4k empire came after me:

establish capital in your besieged town (i always carry velvet and tools for that)

hire merc company
company will spawn between enemy forces
join battle as soon as you can, you will be 500 (your elites plus merc) vs 1000-2000
win battle (obviously) then back to town
mercs will be wiped out
hire next company
repeat until you manage to defeat (maybe even capture) marshall
enemy forces will go bye bye like nothing happened
follow them, capture them, keep king and marshall in prison and all will be easy. even with 10 lords, even in 100+ game difficulty.

:grin:

the fierdsvain are dead in my game,

Smashed by the Kingdom of Sarleon and Ravenstern (Ravenstern took the northern part, rest was taken by Sarleon)

Empire is dead too, smashed by Sarleon and D'Shar.

Fierdsvain only 10.000 troops?

I meddled with the occult, increased the AI's party size by double and now I have massive battles trying to unite Pendor.

FYI, Fierdsvain and the Empire are dead in my game, Sarleon is the power here, controls most of the fierdsvain and the empire.

I might not succeed in defeating Sarleon though, They declared war on me and I'm barely able to keep them away from taking my towns.

Back
Top Bottom