What made you lose faith in humanity today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe the Dad was an alcoholic. Maybe he beat the kid senseless and raped his mother. Maybe he didn't and the kid is just irresponsible.

Who knows? Did you get his life story?

What I'm saying is, the kid and his life, his decisions, are not really any of your business.

Austupaio said:
Maybe the Dad was an alcoholic. Maybe he beat the kid senseless and raped his mother. Maybe he didn't and the kid is just irresponsible.

Who knows? Did you get his life story?

What I'm saying is, the kid and his life, his decisions, are not really any of your business.
+1

I'm tempted to go with Astopaiu on this one. It is perfectly possible the son's a no-good deadbeat, of course, but unless you've got a good idea about their past there's very little reason to stigmatise him.

Austupaio said:
That is true. We have no idea what relationship they are in. Maybe the old man was a horrible father. Who knows?
To think of it, whether the old man dies wallowing in his own filth or not is none of our business either.
I was not going to make any decisions for anyone.
But if some people don't like someone else for whatever bogus reasons and they want to **** him up at their peril, it's their decision to make. Of course it is a bad decision and I preemptively denounce it.

Thankfully, the young man managed to find some other close people who gave slightly more ****s and my friend is probably not going to have a dead body decomposing downstairs.

Well, it is their decision but it is not their right, unless Aggravated Assault is legal in Ukraine. :razz:

Anyway, at least it worked out okay-ish. Don't take it as me denigrating you at all, by the way, you didn't like their idea to beat the kid up and still wanted to help old dude, so that's decent of you. :smile:

kurczak said:
Weaver said:
Old man dying story in What made you lose faith in humanity today? thread

I love how the discussion almost ended in you being an immature jerk and the son being in the right :lol:
I think what he wrote was much more is frustration than being a jerk, but well, that's my opinion. Care to explain what he did wrong?

Austupaio said:
Well, it is their decision but it is not their right, unless Aggravated Assault is legal in Ukraine. :razz:

Anyway, at least it worked out okay-ish. Don't take it as me denigrating you at all, by the way, you didn't like their idea to beat the kid up and still wanted to help old dude, so that's decent of you. :smile:
Assault is certainly illegal in Ukraine, but fights among grown up males do not end up being processed in court unless its a political thing or serious damage was inflicted. And by serious damage I mean crippling traumas, coma, etc.
Not that there are no other ramifications and that's why I said that they would have made that decision at their own peril.
The idea of decency is also somewhat different from culture to culture, so any serious decision could be judged differently by members of this or that group.
kurczak said:
I love how the discussion almost ended in you being an immature jerk and the son being in the right :lol:
Some forumites might feel that way because of diametrical social narratives in our respective cultures. When learning about a conflict, bystanders pick sides based on who they can better relate to. I have no qualms with that.

198730.jpg

Oh, I thought the image spoke for itself. Ceremonial awarding of the state orders on 28th October is probably the most ceremonial and official event there is in the Czech Republic. The highest awards are awarded on this occasion.

medaile-za-zasluhu-2014-sedlacek_06_zps6e75aae4.jpg

medaile-za-zasluhu-2014-sedlacek_05_zps9887cbfd.jpg

There was an official dress code stating that attendants should come in a suit or in a uniform. Yet, he came in something that is basically sportswear. Now, this is not his fault, as everyone has a right to be ****ing hillbilly disrespectful moron with no sense of decorum, etiquette and no social inteligence to speak of; it is fault of the state security that he was let in in the first place and of the master of ceremony that he has not insisted on finding him some decent clothes to wear. If that guy wanted to mock the event, he should not have come at all. Noone requires him to wear a morning dress or that-daytime-audience-version-of-a-white-tie, but for ****´s sake, a suit is not that hard to get.

If you do not give a **** about getting a state award, refuse it.

Sir Saladin said:
Moose! said:
Orchid said:
I'd say bloody well done to the chap for not giving a ****.

Maybe that's why they're rewarding him?  :razz:

The five o'clock shadow on his face makes him look as if he was drunk for a few days and then showed up for his award. Well done.

Maybe that's his style, though! Maybe he don't like a full beads, or fully shaved. He likes day 5oclock.

Also, I'd hardly call that sportswear (unless he is wearing tracksuit bottoms). I'd imagine to see people wearing that clothing while walking the dogs or going for a little trek in the forest.  Hardly sportswear.

Orchid said:
I'm entirely ignorant of the context seeing as you provided none, but I'd say bloody well done to the chap for not giving a ****.

This. Now I don't hate formal wear, but I do hate having to use it and this guy is a hero in my eyes.

EVROPA♦BARBARORVM

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Hey Ben, why don't you get a state award?

Firstly, because I am on Taleworlds; secondly, because I have not made a documentary about the president nor have I helped his campaign for elections in any way.

Not saying he is a bad director (he made a very nice series recently), but his nomination was quite a surprise for everyone, political scientists included, and is generally regarded as suspicious.

Urgrevling said:
This. Now I don't hate formal wear, but I do hate having to use it and this guy is a hero in my eyes.

Hate or not, you do not visit the Queen or the Emperor of Japan in your sweatpants. Also, he [that guy, not the Emperor of Japan] finally commented on his lack of brain cells and exclaimed that: "I do not like such ceremonies. I just had the need to desecrate that ritual a little." What a giant douchebag!

Vieira said:
Also, I'd hardly call that sportswear (unless he is wearing tracksuit bottoms). I'd imagine to see people wearing that clothing while walking the dogs or going for a little trek in the forest.  Hardly sportswear.

Little trek in the forest is sport. Anyway, okay, I may have misjudged as I use fleece sweatshirts when going for a run, for a hike or for cross country skying. Definitely not a formal wear, though.

BenKenobi said:
Urgrevling said:

Hate or not, you do not visit the Queen or the Emperor of Japan in your sweatpants. Also, he [that guy, not the Emperor of Japan] finally commented on his lack of brain cells and exclaimed that: "I do not like such ceremonies. I just had the need to desecrate that ritual a little." What a giant douchebag!
If wearing a fleece sweater is so positively detrimental to a particular ritual or occasion, said ritual or occasion must be one of very little substance and very much pomp. They decided to invite the bloke, ergo his sartorial preferences are on their hands entirely. Personal hygiene, I feel, is a completely different matter. But clothes maketh the man? Piss on that. You say his conscious decision to not obey discriminating dress-code regulations can be explained by a lack of brain cells; I personally prefer to attribute it to his ginormous pair of testicles and complementary set of guts. For surely not everyone can so easily bear the weight of hundreds of snobs, conservative prudes and aristocrats, looking down at you in sheer disgust.

Back
Top Bottom