What exactly does Vanilla mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

MrJewish

Recruit
I did a search and couldn't find a thing about what it actually meant.  I have an idea, but not completely sure.  I think it means the original native game...  Is that right?

So games are technically compared to ice cream then? If so, people could say "My M&B is Vanilla with Rasberry ripple, chocolate chip and mint flakes. With a touch of brandy" or am I just over-reacting again?

Yep, Vanilla means the basic, unchanged game. I think it came about because vanilla is the basic ice-cream flavour, and is the "plain", unchanged one.

I prefer chocolate and lemon ice cream.They make fine icecream in Kahramanmaraş-style.

As for the mod,it reminded me of Vanilla sky,but I just understood it was unmodded.

Leprechaun said:
Yep, Vanilla means the basic, unchanged game. I think it came about because vanilla is the basic ice-cream flavour, and is the "plain", unchanged one.

Which is just goofy, because vanilla has to be added, just like anything else. Plain Ice cream tastes like cream.

A friend of mine (long long ago...) had a little brother (5 or so) who took this to the extreme, calling unflavored milk vanilla.

And then they grow up to be bigger idiots. Some kids are ok though, just as some older people are ok. It's just that the vast majority of our species is a waste of precious resources.

calandale said:
And then they grow up to be bigger idiots. Some kids are ok though, just as some older people are ok. It's just that the vast majority of our species is a waste of precious resources.

Hear hear!

"My daddy says liberals feed off of the flesh of the innocent"

"... Your daddy needs to shut the **** up."

That's a typical conversation between me and a little kid.

Usually involves me getting slapped by the mom.

Nothing wrong with getting slapped as long as you keep spreading the truth: Various people need to shut the **** up.
Being slapped is a small price to pay.

Wow.  This just went from a simple "What does Vanilla mean" to "Stupid fawkin liberal!" and "Little tykes are fawkin morons mate!"

:grin:

Vanilla ice cream topped off with cloudberry jam, please. :grin:
And for all you non-Nordic people, I pity you; alas, no cloudberries.:shock:

Back
Top Bottom