[Werewolf: Archives] The Joker, The Jack and The Brotherhood. Innocents Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Oubliette said:
Hang on a minute, when I voted Hershey he had only made his opening post, and nothing more, so given the knowledge available at the time it didn't appear such an obviously foolish thing to consider.
Given, but you saw his reactions which were clearly not those of an evil and have only just unvoted because of this point I put forward

Also surprised you deem the vote 'more than a little strange' when it was only the first vote on Hershey - he was far from in danger of being lynched. I simply reasoned that, if he were the joker, we'd have to see his reaction under pressure to be able to judge better, hence the vote.
He was far from being lynched yes, thats how all lynchings start. How could you know what the Joker's reaction be, if I'm not mistaken, it's a new role to the forums, sounds like a classic excuse for a random vote.

Also, just an observation, but you're doing the same thing you're accusing Alex of doing.
Minus the numerous posts :razz:, besides:
                        |
                        V
Captain Kris said:
As for Oub and Alex being suspicious, they were just going along the same lines as me

Captain Kris said:
Given, but you saw his reactions which were clearly not those of an evil and have only just unvoted because of this point I put forward
Clearly, obviously... people keep saying this but it smells too much of suppression, of skewing the options. People have all but decided he's an innocent (or Joker, but a few don't think he's capable of it). Call it strange that I'm keeping an 'if' at the back of my mind, but only the villains know for certain who the innocents are. And don't flatter yourself that I only removed my vote to allay your suspicion.

Captain Kris said:
He was far from being lynched yes, thats how all lynchings start. How could you know what the Joker's reaction be, if I'm not mistaken, it's a new role to the forums, sounds like a classic excuse for a random vote.
You make predictions on how a person might act in that role and then measure the reaction of the player against it. It's not difficult, and it's not impossible to conceive how the joker would play just because it hasn't been played before on this forum. Look, Orj has managed to do it: "he'd want to defend himself badly, yet not badly enough to make it seem intentional."

Captain Kris said:
Minus the numerous posts :razz:, besides:
                        |
                        V
Captain Kris said:
As for Oub and Alex being suspicious, they were just going along the same lines as me

Minus what numerous posts? I'm talking about your focus on the joker, which has been emphasised in all of your posts so far (except your last one). And to say I've been 'going along the same lines' as you hardly means I've been fixated with the joker, does it?

All I heard there was **** loads of waffle :smile:

I'm not fixated with the Joker, it's just that it's the only role apart from innocent which fit into Hershey's style.

I don't flatter myself, I just like to annoy people with that particular argument, needless to say it worked again :grin:

"he'd want to defend himself badly, yet not badly enough to make it seem intentional."
maybe, but is that what everyone believes he would act like, there is most likely a difference in opinion throughout the village and one 'idea' is as obscure as the next. Also now that Orj has said that, the Joker is likely to take a different approach and now I've said this he may double bluff and act as Orj said. It isn't that easy to pin someone down I'm afraid.

I have to agree, and it isn't only the Joker we have to worry about. While the Joker is alive, the villains have a perfect opportunity to wreak WIFOM havoc, too. Someone who looks like a possible Joker could be a wolf trying to avoid being lynched.

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and do what Griff did a couple games back. If I were the Joker,

Nah, I'm not going to go there, for the reasons, Kris stated. Don't want to give the Joker ideas. Better to keep mine to myself, and wait for someone to do something similar. Kris is right, if we try to guess (out loud) what the Joker would do, it won't get us anywhere. We could write down every possible behavior that would get the Joker lynched, but the chances are other people would act in the exact same way, and we'd never find the real Joker until it's too late.

I say we stop speculating.

But if we don't speculate at all, then we might not be able to find the Joker. (Gollum, gollum.)

Agh, I'm so confused!

Captain Kris said:
All I heard there was **** loads of waffle :smile:

I'm not fixated with the Joker, it's just that it's the only role apart from innocent which fit into Hershey's style.

I don't flatter myself, I just like to annoy people with that particular argument, needless to say it worked again :grin:

"he'd want to defend himself badly, yet not badly enough to make it seem intentional."
maybe, but is that what everyone believes he would act like, there is most likely a difference in opinion throughout the village and one 'idea' is as obscure as the next. Also now that Orj has said that, the Joker is likely to take a different approach and now I've said this he may double bluff and act as Orj said. It isn't that easy to pin someone down I'm afraid.

So you think I'm either innocent or the Joker thing?
So I'm not going to get lynched.
Villains will probably be trying to go for me tonight, under that reasoning, just to play it safe (Don't want no Hershey-Joker snatching their victory, if I'm suspected)
So therefore, if there's a protection special, me please.

Okay, think about this for a second.

We can't tell the difference between the Joker and the Villians. But the Villians can. They know who they are and it's in their best intrests to kill him before we do.

So, if the Joker tries too hard to get himself lynched the wolves will see right through it, and it's in their best intrest to tear the guy to shreds in the night (he only wins if he gets hanged, so it's safest for them to kill him off another way). He could try to get himself lynched day one, before the wolves can get at him, but seeing as we're all so on edge and paranoid it's unlikely we'd ever vote for someone being too obvious, so we'd never hang him and the wolves will take any obviously suss characters in the night.

So the Joker won't be pulling anything day one, it's far too risky. I think we can pretty safely focus on hunting the Villians for now and worry about the Joker later. At any rate we have no choice, we need to hang someone eventually, and let's face it, it's going to be someone who looks guilty. But you know, not too guilty. :razz:

Alternatively we could just play it safe and hang someone who we don't think is a wolf and hope something comes along to clear things up a little. But you'll forgive me if I think that's a pretty bad idea.

Of course. And for now, I'm going to go with Vote:Alex

I can understand maybe he just wanted day one to be over, but it's still more suspicious than any other leads I got.

Moss said:
So, if the Joker tries too hard to get himself lynched the wolves will see right through it, and it's in their best intrest to tear the guy to shreds in the night (he only wins if he gets hanged, so it's safest for them to kill him off another way). He could try to get himself lynched day one, before the wolves can get at him, but seeing as we're all so on edge and paranoid it's unlikely we'd ever vote for someone being too obvious, so we'd never hang him and the wolves will take any obviously suss characters in the night.

So the Joker won't be pulling anything day one, it's far too risky. I think we can pretty safely focus on hunting the Villians for now and worry about the Joker later. At any rate we have no choice, we need to hang someone eventually, and let's face it, it's going to be someone who looks guilty. But you know, not too guilty. :razz:

But as Kris said, now that that's out there, the Joker might do something today! Doing what isn't expected gives him an advantage, and could lead to his victory. Now that we're expecting him to lay low for the first day, he might not.

What you just said was what I had originally put in my post, but I removed it. I didn't want to give the Joker ideas.

Yes, but if he does act too suspicious we won't lynch him anyway and the wolves will eat him. There's really nothing he can do to get himself lynched the first day.

And honestly it's more important we get people looking for the wolves, not matter what he does we stand the risk of lynching to Joker before the wolves get to him, but that being said, if we don't hang the villians we still lose the game.

Strong points the both of you, but I side with Moss.

Maybe the fact there's this fancy new Joker fellow has made you forget about the two wolves which can actually just gobble you up during the night.

Right. Okay, I'll side with my Reply #169 self. #170, shut up, you're not being constructive.

Let's stop speculating about the Joker, and let's find us some werewolves. Let's see what we can do with these pills.

Not forgetting the Vampire and the Jack.

I'm actually a little unsure about the Jack. We know from the dialogue that he has no supernatural powers, so I wonder what exactly he'll be doing to make him "villanous".

Moss said:
I'm actually a little unsure about the Jack. We know from the dialogue that he has no supernatural powers, so I wonder what exactly he'll be doing to make him "villanous".

Where does it say that? Give me a quote, I can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom