Weapon Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

insomniac said:
yeah it looks awesome. I think shotties are pretty balanced. They are too much powerful, any more range would ruin the game.
I'd prefer if they had a little more range and a much narrower cone. They are too easy to hit with, too easy to hit multiple targets and the range is too short. Shotties for outdoor use and bigger game don't spread that much (if you want to shoot geese in urban warfare that's another story...). Highlander mentioned something about changes to the shotties so they are affected by skill. As they are now it doesn't matter if you have 30 or 300 skill in long guns, they will shoot the same.

mouthnhoof said:
insomniac said:
yeah it looks awesome. I think shotties are pretty balanced. They are too much powerful, any more range would ruin the game.
I'd prefer if they had a little more range and a much narrower cone. They are too easy to hit with, too easy to hit multiple targets and the range is too short. Shotties for outdoor use and bigger game don't spread that much (if you want to shoot geese in urban warfare that's another story...). Highlander mentioned something about changes to the shotties so they are affected by skill. As they are now it doesn't matter if you have 30 or 300 skill in long guns, they will shoot the same.
Hey, look at the suggestions thread - specifically, at the suggestion I posted...  :smile:

mouthnhoof said:
insomniac said:

I agree.

yeah a narrower cone and a little more range might be better, but a power nerf should be required in that case.

That enormous power is gonna be like an exploit with more range, also don't forget AI is very deadly with shotguns. I barely cover myself from them by putting some range in between.

guilder30 said:
I can't seem to find a snider enfield. Does anybody know a way to get one?
You buy them in stores.  It's rare weapon that doesn't show up too often so just keep checking.

guilder30 said:
I can't seem to find a snider enfield. Does anybody know a way to get one?

yeah, it's brand-new in 1866 and kind of overpowered, so I set its abundance low.

I thought it was due to the fact it was just invented and manufactured?

Otherwise, there's no reason to favour long single shot rifles over single shot carbines (Burnside, Sharps), etc... Carbines have all the power and the accuracy plus the speed, plus they look more comfortable to hold.

Jean Plassy said:
I thought it was due to the fact it was just invented and manufactured?

Otherwise, there's no reason to favour long single shot rifles over single shot carbines (Burnside, Sharps), etc... Carbines have all the power and the accuracy plus the speed, plus they look more comfortable to hold.

hence why I said it was brand new in 1866. It's the most accurate and powerful breech loader that can be used from horseback.

Hi all, 1st for me,

I really miss the lower barrel on the LeMat .42,
which is a smoothbore .63 barrel or so,
intended to shoot nice and thick buckshot @ point-blank
on those hideous scouts with swords  :twisted:

would be a nice thing to do, shot the big one after the 9 .42 rounds
and a little longer reload  :roll:

Cheers

Ok, Shotguns could use more information. At first I wouldn't use them as I didn't see any damage stat or ammo for them, when I came looking for information on shotguns I noticed that they were listed under rifles and that they were very powerful so instead of asking I tried using shotguns with rifle ammo, and it works for the long shot guns, but not the sawed off shotguns. It'd be nice if you ever make an update to let people know which kind of ammo which gun uses, it'd be even better if that info came on the guns in game, and maybe even better if shotguns just had their own damn ammo.

Rant aside, it's a great mod! 

Maybe if that were my goal I would have, but it wasn't. My goal was to find out what type of ammo shotguns used, because there is absolutely no info about that in game. And I didn't find any info about that in the weapons guide(The OP of this thread), you know, where such information should probably be forthcoming.

All guns that use rifle ammunition goes to your back while the ones that use pistol ammunition goes to your side. There might be exceptions that I've forgotten about, though.

None that I'd know of. Which is irritating, really, because in my opinion some very short rifles like the sawn-off Winchester and a number of carbines really shouldn't be carried on the back.

Aye, at least I think that I saw one in a store. I didn't buy it since I was pleased with my current equpment, though.

Back
Top Bottom