SP Native [WB](WIP) Warband Improved

Users who are viewing this thread

It was just a suggestion. Novgorod ruler's title was Grand Prince. I think it would be the best title for Vaegir ruler. BTW " Tzar" means "Emperor". It is up to the mod maker to decide.

Njunja said:
These are my first ideas:
Feel free to criticize anything...
- Nords(great, agile, heavily armored infantry but lacking in good heavy armored cavalry)

Spearman
                                      /
                          Footman
                        /            \
Peasant - Recruit              Town Milita(nordic sword+round shield)
                        \
                          Huntsman - Archer Militia

Huscarl/Berserker(plate armor+heavy maul/great axe)
                                                            /
                                                  Veteran
                                                /            \
Foot Soldier - Trained Foot Soldier      Norse Swordsman
                                                  \
                                                    Archer - Longbowman

Scout - Cavalry - War Cleric(one-handed axe+round shield)

- Khergits(great cavalry archers but weak infantry)

Spearman
                                            /
Tribesman - Recruit - Footman       
                                            \
                                              Infantry(bow+small shield+nomad sabre)

Light Lancer - Heavy Lancer
                                /         
Nomad - Horseman             
                                \
                                  Horse Archer - Heavy Horse Archer

Cavalry - Heavy Cavalry - Khan's Guard

- Sarranid(Strong mamluks but lacking in heavy armor)

Spear Militia
                                      /
                          Footman
                        /            \
Peasant - Recruit          Town Milita(sabre+shield)
                        \
                          Archer - Archer Militia

Tabardariyya/Sultan's Guard(Kettle Hat+Great axe/Halberd+Mamluke Mail/Sarr. Guard Armor)
                                                                    /
                    Trained Infantry  -  Veteran Infantry
                      /                                              \     
Desert Infantry                                            Hashishim(Sarr. Guard Armor+KettleHat+Scimitar+Steel Shield)
                    \
                    Desert Archer - Master Desert Archer

Desert Cavalry - Mamluke - Royal Mamluke

My inspiration was Medieval 2 Total War, I think it would be good if you added militia troops(inexperienced, cheap troops for early game).

This is my modified khergit lancer, still unsure about a helmet...
l_3ff93a89d2c34331ab131a5712f79939.jpg

Since I was playing as a Sultan I modified some items and made one shield...
l_1d0d708f873840d5820da98e7266d0a6.jpg

I love that Sultan, he looks great.

M:TW was one of my favorite games too Njunja :smile:. Kept me entertained for days.

Njunja said:
These are my first ideas:
Feel free to criticize anything...
- Nords(great, agile, heavily armored infantry but lacking in good heavy armored cavalry)

Spearman
                                      /
                          Footman
                        /            \
Peasant - Recruit              Town Milita(nordic sword+round shield)
                        \
                          Huntsman - Archer Militia

Huscarl/Berserker(plate armor+heavy maul/great axe)
                                                            /
                                                  Veteran
                                                /            \
Foot Soldier - Trained Foot Soldier      Norse Swordsman
                                                  \
                                                    Archer - Longbowman

Scout - Cavalry - War Cleric(one-handed axe+round shield)

- Khergits(great cavalry archers but weak infantry)

Spearman
                                            /
Tribesman - Recruit - Footman       
                                            \
                                              Infantry(bow+small shield+nomad sabre)

Light Lancer - Heavy Lancer
                                /         
Nomad - Horseman             
                                \
                                  Horse Archer - Heavy Horse Archer

Cavalry - Heavy Cavalry - Khan's Guard

- Sarranid(Strong mamluks but lacking in heavy armor)

Spear Militia
                                      /
                          Footman
                        /            \
Peasant - Recruit          Town Milita(sabre+shield)
                        \
                          Archer - Archer Militia

Tabardariyya/Sultan's Guard(Kettle Hat+Great axe/Halberd+Mamluke Mail/Sarr. Guard Armor)
                                                                    /
                    Trained Infantry  -  Veteran Infantry
                      /                                              \     
Desert Infantry                                            Hashishim(Sarr. Guard Armor+KettleHat+Scimitar+Steel Shield)
                    \
                    Desert Archer - Master Desert Archer

Desert Cavalry - Mamluke - Royal Mamluke

My inspiration was Medieval 2 Total War, I think it would be good if you added militia troops(inexperienced, cheap troops for early game).

This is my modified khergit lancer, still unsure about a helmet...
l_3ff93a89d2c34331ab131a5712f79939.jpg

Since I was playing as a Sultan I modified some items and made one shield...
l_1d0d708f873840d5820da98e7266d0a6.jpg

Dude! Where did you get those horse textures. Did you do those too? The shield is beautiful too man.

EDIT: Here is a pic I took after fooling around with Narf's Transitional Plate. Just a basic color change of his white armor...

mb7a.jpg

I did the lamellar parts texture on Khergit horse and modified the golden one... made the helmet(cut of the veil on sarranid veiled helmet). The shield is my work too. Glad you like it. You can use them all if you want. I would be happy to help. I think there should be more brass items in the game.

EDIT: Here is a pic I took after fooling around with Narf's Transitional Plate. Just a basic color change of his white armor...
Nice. I love Narf's items... he is the best, probably spends hours and hours modeling in Wings3D(not to mention hours in making textures).

What do you think of my troop tree suggestions?

Njunja said:
I did the lamellar parts texture on Khergit horse and modified the golden one... made the helmet(cut of the veil on sarranid veiled helmet). The shield is my work too. Glad you like it. You can use them all if you want. I would be happy to help. I think there should be more brass items in the game.

I really appreciate that. I'm definitely going to need more "eastern" style horses in this mod. I greatly appreciate any help :smile:

Njunja said:
What do you think of my troop tree suggestions?

I like them. Your ideas are very similar to mine. All of them cover all the basics while still giving each faction its unique feel. I'm going to start on the items/troop trees tomorrow and plan to get a good part of them done this week. I'll post pics and keep you guys posted as I go.

I've been working on some eastern horse textures... think you're gonna like these.

Here are some pics:

mb18g.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb14t.jpg

mb11u.jpg

mb2ss.jpg

mb1gd.jpg

Njunja said:
I've been working on some eastern horse textures... think you're gonna like these.

Those are friggin' awesome man. Where did you learn to do that? My "texturing" involves masking off someone else's work and adjusting the hue/saturation sliders to change the colors. Definitely looking forward to adding those to the Vaegir, Khergits, and Sarranids.

I'm gonna try to put the troop trees together today. My goal is to get all or most of them done today before bedtime tonight. They won't have any new items added yet, just placeholders until I've gotten everything in the game. That way I have something to test balance issues with.

On another note, what is everyone's thoughts on recruiting availability for the different types of units. I posted something above but I'll re-post my thoughts for clarification.

Peasants - Same as native.

Soldiers - I'm thinking that you need at least "cooperative" relations with the lord who owns the castle to recruit and possibly decent relations with the faction as well. I'm either thinking of the amount/tier of the troops being based on the relations of the village(s) tied to the castle or based on renown.

Nobles - Must either be in the faction or have good relations with the faction to recruit. Not sure if I should make good standings with the holding lord as a requirement, I figure nobles might choose to do as they wish. The amount/type will be based on town relations.

That's about all I have. Have fun guys :smile:

I've currently packaged up a variety of OSP helms and done some slight adjustments in texture. Not all of the helms have good textures, but I plan on re-uvmapping and texturing some of them. I'll get back to you with a list of their creators, so you can properly credit them....

Link

I'm working on a OSP horses package next...

Those are friggin' awesome man. Where did you learn to do that? My "texturing" involves masking off someone else's work and adjusting the hue/saturation sliders to change the colors. Definitely looking forward to adding those to the Vaegir, Khergits, and Sarranids.

Well, most of my work is changing someone else's textures, using parts from native folder, searching the internet for various textures. As you can see I used most of the parts for sarranid warhorse from "Sarranid Elite Armor" texture. During college(electrical engineering) I learned to use all kinds of (modeling, programming)software so it wasn't so hard to pass those skills to Photoshop.

On another note, what is everyone's thoughts on recruiting availability for the different types of units. I posted something above but I'll re-post my thoughts for clarification.

Peasants - Same as native.

Soldiers - I'm thinking that you need at least "cooperative" relations with the lord who owns the castle to recruit and possibly decent relations with the faction as well. I'm either thinking of the amount/tier of the troops being based on the relations of the village(s) tied to the castle or based on renown.

Nobles - Must either be in the faction or have good relations with the faction to recruit. Not sure if I should make good standings with the holding lord as a requirement, I figure nobles might choose to do as they wish. The amount/type will be based on town relations.

In short: Your recruiting system is excellent. I was just wondering will the AI be able to use this recruiting system, did you test it?

CounterPoint391 said:
I've currently packaged up a variety of OSP helms and done some slight adjustments in texture. Not all of the helms have good textures, but I plan on re-uvmapping and texturing some of them. I'll get back to you with a list of their creators, so you can properly credit them....

Link

I'm working on a OSP horses package next...

Thanks man :grin:

Njunja said:
Well, most of my work is changing someone else's textures, using parts from native folder, searching the internet for various textures. As you can see I used most of the parts for sarranid warhorse from "Sarranid Elite Armor" texture. During college(electrical engineering) I learned to use all kinds of (modeling, programming)software so it wasn't so hard to pass those skills to Photoshop.

In short: Your recruiting system is excellent. I was just wondering will the AI be able to use this recruiting system, did you test it?

AI does not recruit using the same system as the player. They generate all of their troops from the party_templates file... more specifically from the kingdom reinforcement entries. So as long as I add the new troops to the relevant party template entries, the AI will be able to use it as well as the native system. In other words, it will have no effect on how they get troops.

Your work is simply awesome.

Thanks.

Very nice retexture.......for the arabic shields however I would suggest a higher resolution texture (hard I know if you use photos), maybe even try creating your own using sources like CG Textures to help you out..... :grin:

Glad you like it. Thanks for the advice, but I mostly work with photos... so I'm dependent on  it's resolution. I can try and get better resolution for arabic shields. I will post any changes or some new stuff maybe...

Counterpoint, Njunja, you guys are amazing. Can't thank you enough for your help so far. I thought I'd update you on what is going on with the mod right now.

So work was going kinda slow on the troop editing process as using the module system for it is a grueling task. Heard about PyMe, so I thought I'd try it out. Ran into issues and screwed up my python coding :sad:.

Luckily I kept backups and took the time to update to module system 1.25 and the latest version of Diplomacy.  I have it squared away now and I've been testing the recruitment to make sure it works like I want. I've decided to force the player to belong to the faction that the town is a part of to recruit nobles from towns. This will make nobles more rare for the player. Number and tier is based on town relations as I mentioned earlier. This seems to work fine. I'm currently testing the castle recruitment. The script I wrote should work but I just want to be sure. I think I'm going to require the player be a member of the faction the castle is in just like with towns. This will make peasants available in mass while making the higher tier troops rare. Mercenaries will no longer just be for fun :grin:. I'll have to implement a script that adds more mercs to taverns to balance this for players who aren't a member of a faction though as Counterpoint mentioned earlier. The number/tier of castle recruits are based on relations with the holding lord (or should be). This is what I'm testing currently.

By the way. Have you guys seen this tutorial?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121012.0.html
I'm thinking of adding more heraldic armors based on what I see here. It will come after I have the recruitment scripts, mercenary scripts, and troop tree nailed down though.

CounterPoint391 said:
I always hated the way Hired blades were dressed....so I fixed them....

Wow, that armor looks good on them!

A little update guys. Been getting the troop trees ready for editing and I may have settled on how I want them. Most of the ideas came from you guys but I took them and modified them a bit. I've also added the regional merc trees. They are the first six entries after the basic merc tree. Here they are...

• Farmer/Townsman
    • Watchman
      • Mercenary Guardsman
        • Mercenary Swordsman
          • Mercenary Sergeant
        • Mercenary Horseman
          • Mercenary Mounted Sergeant
      • Mercenary Skirmisher
        • Mercenary Crossbowman
          • Mercenary Sharpshooter

• Freeman
    • Free Company Footman
      • Free Company Infantry
        • Free Company Sergeant
    • Free Company Skirmisher
      • Free Company Archer
        • Free Company Longbowman
      • Free Company Scout
        • Free Company Ranger

• Eastern Mercenary
    • Eastern Footman
      • Eastern Infantry
        • Eastern Pikeman
    • Eastern Skirmisher
      • Eastern Archer
        • Eastern Marksman
      • Eastern Scout
        • Eastern Horse Archer

• Steppe Nomad
    • Steppe Footman
      • Steppe Infantry
        • Steppe Pikeman
      • Steppe Skirmisher
        • Steppe Archer
    • Steppe Scout
      • Steppe Horseman
        • Steppe Warrior

• Northern Mercenary
    • Northern Footman
      • Northern Infantry
        • Northern Sergeant
    • Northern Skirmisher
      • Northern Crossbowman
        • Northern Sharpshooter
      • Northern Rider
        • Northern Horseman

• Highland Mercenary
    • Highland Footman
      • Highland Pikeman
        • Highland Warrior
      • Highland Scout
        • Highland Rider
    • Highland Skirmisher
      • Highland Archer
        • Highland Ranger

• Desert Nomad
    • Desert Footman
      • Desert Infantry
        • Desert Pikeman
      • Desert Rider
        • Desert Horseman
    • Desert Skirmisher
      • Desert Archer
        • Desert Marksman

• Swadian Peasant
    • Swadian Recruit
      • Swadian Footman
        • Swadian spearman
      • Swadian Huntsman
        • Swadian Crossbowman

• Swadian Soldier
    • Swadian Veteran
      • Swadian Infantry
        • Swadian Pikeman
        • Swadian Swordsman
      • Swadian Archer
        • Swadian Longbowman

• Swadian Man at Arms
    • Swadian Knight
      • Swadian Knight Errant

• Vaegir Villager
    • Vaegir Recruit
      • Vaegir Footman
        • Vaegir Woodsman
      • Vaegir Huntsman
        • Vaegir Skirmisher

• Vaegir Soldier
    • Vaegir Veteran
      • Vaegir Infantry
        • Vaegir Axeman
        • Vaegir Swordsman
      • Vaegir Archer
        • Vaegir Marksman

• Vaegir Horseman
    • Vaegir Druzhina
      • Vaegir Bogatyr

• Khergit Tribesman
    • Khergit Recruit
      • Khergit Spearman
        • Khergit Skirmisher
      • Khergit Footman
        • Khergit Infantry

• Khergit Nomad
    • Khergit Horseman
      • Khergit Heavy Cavalry
        • Khergit Lancer
        • Khergit Javelineer
      • Khergit Light Cavalry
        • Khergit Javelineer
        • Khergit Horse Archer

• Khergit Warrior
    • Khergit Noken
      • Khergit Kheshig

• Nord Peasant
    • Nord Recruit
      • Nord Footman
        • Nord Spearman
      • Nord Huntsman
        • Nord Axeman

• Nord Soldier
    • Nord Veteran
      • Nord Infantry
        • Nord Warrior
        • Nord Berserker
      • Nord Archer
        • Nord Ranger

• Nord Karl
    • Nord Huscarl
      • Nord Hirdman

• Rhodok Tribesman
    • Rhodok Recruit
      • Rhodok Footman
        • Rhodok Spearman
      • Rhodok Huntsman
        • Rhodok Skirmisher

• Rhodok Soldier
    • Rhodok Veteran
      • Rhodok Infantry
        • Rhodok Pikeman
        • Rhodok Maceman
      • Rhodok Crossbowman
        • Rhodok Sharpshooter

• Rhodok Sergeant
    • Rhodok Master Sergeant
      • Rhodok Man at Arms

• Sarranid Villager
    • Sarranid Recruit
      • Sarranid Footman
        • Sarranid Axeman
      • Sarranid Skirmisher
        • Sarranid Crossbowman

• Sarranid Soldier
    • Sarranid Veteran
      • Sarranid Infantry
        • Sarranid Guardsman
        • Sarranid Swordsman
      • Sarranid Archer
        • Sarranid Marksman

• Sarranid Horseman
    • Sarranid Mamluke
      • Sarranid Royal Mamluke

Let me know what you think guys. I don't care if it's good feedback or bad feedback... just make sure it's contructive feedback :razz:. I don't wanna start equipping the troops until I get the troop tree setup to where its acceptable. So speak now or forever hold your peace! :grin:

I wanted to give a little update on the recruitment system as well. I had to swap recruitment in towns and castles around due to not being able to get my script to base castle recruitment on lord relations. You must be a member of the holding faction to recruit troops from towns/castles. Town relation increases recruit availability and quality, and castle relations has no effect. I will modify the scripts to decrease the number of recruits available in castles and I'm also thinking about increasing the update script from every 3 days (like a village) to every 7 days.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'll work on adding more mercenaries to the taverns tomorrow and get the recruitment scripts just where I want them.

Let me know what you think guys. I don't care if it's good feedback or bad feedback... just make sure it's contructive feedback :razz:. I don't wanna start equipping the troops until I get the troop tree setup to where its acceptable. So speak now or forever hold your peace! :grin:

I love it! But since you "ordered" :wink: us to give reviews... I have one suggestion and one question:

• Khergit Nomad
    • Khergit Horseman
      • Khergit Heavy Cavalry
        • Khergit Lancer
        • Khergit Javelineer
      • Khergit Light Cavalry
        • Khergit Javelineer
        • Khergit Horse Archer

Question: Why are there two troops with the same name in different tree branches?

I suggest you kick the first Khergit Javelineer out.

• Sarranid Archer
    • Sarranid Marksman

Suggestion: I prefer Master Archer over Marksman, only when it comes to Sarranids. Sounds better to me.

There were two suggestions and one question actually.  :smile:

The rest of the tree(99%) is excellent.  Great work, this is definitely gonna give the game a new dimension.

Back
Top Bottom