MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing which would restrict me from this variant - I don't want lasers (or any projectile) to ignore gravity. I know how it sounds, but it's the only way to somehow adjust\edit a weapon's range of fire. Though I will try to test this option, or even include it in the next patch. "Will try" cause ignotr_gravity option doesn't seem to work in my MS, but in BF.

Volkonski said:
You could just simply lengthen the bolt, color it red and change the sound file to a lasgun blast. Just doing that would improve the mod tenfold IMO and you would be pleasing a lot of WH40K fans.
Totally agree with this.

AndreusAs said:
One thing which would restrict me from this variant - I don't want lasers (or any projectile) to ignore gravity. I know how it sounds, but it's the only way to somehow adjust\edit a weapon's range of fire. Though I will try to test this option
I understand, even though you could balance it out with accuracy, having hundreds of beams flying from one end of the map to the other could quickly turn into an annoying sight. I suppose it wouldn't be possible to make the projectile disappear after having traveled a certain length either, considering Warband's projectile system was obviously created for arrows and crossbow bolts, which stays in the map even after impact.

So, patch is ready, and the only thing which is bugged - crouching. Just don't use it, I'll try to fix it ASAP, and this is why it's v0,5. Other changes:

1. Major one, concerning autofire system. It's done now. All bugs are fixed, and everything works just fine.
2. Second major thing - ammo system. Now you need certain ammo to fire a gun. Moreover, there are different types of ammo, yet only conventional and AP ones. As you can't yet see which ammo is needed for a gun, here is a little specifications:
a). Lasgun and Laspistol: Lasgun power cells and Overcharged lasgun power cells.
b). Light Lasgun: Lasgun Low charge power cells.
c). Autogun: slugs and AP slugs.
3. Some minor things, like balance changes, sound for chainsword attack and stuff.

Fior those, who asked for long laser beams - I'm still working on it, though early tests showed it being pretty much buggy. I'll try to deliver it anyway, just for test.

Taht's it. Here is the link - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rWGhvVC1BVU1kTTA/edit

It's full module, not just a patch.

Ok, crouching and explosion sound are fixed. All credits to BF team, and it works like in BF :smile:

The link TO THE PATCH

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rSjVyd3dpb0JHNjg/edit?usp=sharing

A link to the WHOLE MODULE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rMmNpam9OOW1hbkk/edit?usp=sharing

Server online: IG_Test.

Also sign up for the first Battle event in the mod's Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wh40kbfti

Event rules

As some features are not done, and there is weapon bug, we need these to make the event more enjoyable. Here you go:

1. Only full squads participate in the event.

I'd recommend you to arrange TS communication. Also, you need to appoint who you want to play according to templates below in this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wh40kbfti/discussions/0/540744475358199133/

Full IG squad consists of:
10 men:
            а). ONE seargant
            б). 9 guards
PDF squad consists of:
15 men:
            а). 10 shooters.
            б). 5 stomtroopers
                        в). Among these 15 players should choose the chief of the squad.

OTHERS, WHO CANNOT FORM A FULL SQUAD PLAY CONSCRIPTS AND PDF MELEE RESPECTIVELY

2. Don't bye laser weapons as cultist
3. We play till one team wins 5 battles. Then we give a point to a winning team and continue, till one team has 5 points.
4. You CAN'T switch sides.

I'll try not to make this into the essay I wrote for Century of War, but here goes.
Lasguns too accurate, autogun too inaccurate, not damaging enough and don't have enough ammo.
Melee is too slow, so it is focued on timing and range, rather than blocking.
Also, future events ought to have chaos starting on the side of the map that favours one team, because Chaos is a bit crap right now, due to the lack of armour. Chaos needs more survivability against shooting, perhaps give them more health?

Lasguns should be accurate as all they fire is a coherent beam of heat intensified particles, if they had no obstacle they could literally carry on going straight until their energy runs out. As for autoguns, they act more like a hybrid between an SMG and a shotgun instead of an assault rifle. Perhaps it would be better to make the rounds do more damage, slow the rate of fire a bit and make the accuracy dwindle the longer you hold the button down (so the first 3 shots are accurate and the rest go everywhere).

Also melee is pretty much useless, especially with the cultists as their starting melee weapon can't punch through the IG's flak armor (which makes no sense as apparently a piece of wood with some nails in it can punch right through).

What I'm going to do with all this:

1. Decreasing ROF of lasgun a bit.
2. Deceasing of damage of lasgun carbin.
3. Slight increase of damage of autogun and it's accuracy.
4. Adding of shields for PDF Melee.
5. Adding smoke grenades and shotguns for Stormer.
6. Adding armor with breastplate and leg armor for Stormer.
7. Unlocking of all melee weapons for PDFs.

So these changes are dedicated to help PDFs with closing in to unleash their fire power. Stormers will be some kind of ram, while Melees will take attention of imperials.

Shields will NOT be penetrated by lasers, (which is logical) but will be by slugs (which is logical)

Generally, this is how the next patch will look.

Yep, thanks for reminding about it. But shields will be there anyway, cause Melees don't have their distinctive feature. I want people to want playing them.

AndreusAs said:
They can, just use Autogun with Slugs Ammo. Laser weapons, available for them - cpnsequence of a bug.
Actually, it was a Deathmatch I hosted myself for testing. In battle yes, they can shoot.
Btw, mod's great! One of the few mods today that has great graphics and a reasonable Harddisk Drive space. Carry on like this :wink:

Smoke grenades and a bit of revapmed Village:

331b4f4a09fe.jpg
[/URL][/img]
531490b7d128.jpg

Back
Top Bottom