MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

After extensively testing for a few minutes :lol: there are a few things that should be adressed.
1: Grenades take quite a damn long time to explode, maybe reducing it would be benefial (without making them to good).
2: Can't fire weapons if there's no ammo left in the inventory though the weapon is still loaded.
3: Autoguns are a bit silly (as in, handheld miniguns :lol:)
4: Would be good if most melee weapons could block.
That's about it for now.

1. Will be fixed in the next patch.
2. Yep, it's a bug, trying to fix.
3. Same as with first position.
4. Which ones? All of them can block except for knives.

The chainsword seems to be the only melee weapon which can't block right now. It would be nice though if there were some melee weapons for the Imperials which could block. Otherwise the melee seems fine, except that the chainsword could maybe be a bit faster. Maybe 65-75 speed?

Chainsword right now can crush through blocks and has pretty mush high damage. Gonna forbid parrying for most deserter melee weapons.

So it's speed should be ok, in order not to make it OP.

There also gonna be melee mode for lasgun, and dual weilding lately.

AndreusAs said:
It was mentioned, that scripts work ONLY in TDM and Battle. Conquest gonna be added in the next patch.
Ah that makes sense, i was trying to get them to work in deathmatch. Might want to tone down the firerate of the Autogun and light lasgun, i went through an entire batch of 250 rounds in 2 reloads . And there appears to be a glitch where when you run out of ammo you can still keep on firing and not lose any rounds, it only stops when you stop firing and let the reload animation go through.

Yes, rate of fire will be decreased in the next patch. Second issue is a bug, and I'm working on it. Can't tell you for sure when it will be fixed, though.
Anyway, firing system gonna be improved in some ways to make it more intuitive.

No server up? I find it surprising that so few people actually have checked out this mod, because hey, it's Warhammer 40K for goodness' sake.

The models and textures are also very decent for being a WH40K mod and you can see that a fair amount of time has been put into it. This mod (even though it's pre-alpha) deserves more than it currently gets.

The only server is hosted by me sometimes, mainly to publicly test the new patch and to have some fun, as it's open for everyone. But right now I'm at home with terrible Internet, and can do nothing but chatting. Some folks on russian forum can host a server, and I asked them to aware everyone here if one would be up.

Hopefully, I will come out with new patch in next few days, and host the server to test it.

No offence but i can't wait until someone makes a mini mod to change the Lasgun effect, just shooting what is effectively a blue bolt that sounds like a blaster doesn't quite fit the WH40K style.

Volkonski said:
No offence but i can't wait until someone makes a mini mod to change the Lasgun effect, just shooting what is effectively a blue bolt that sounds like a blaster doesn't quite fit the WH40K style.

Here's an infinitely better idea: Give proper feedback instead of snarky remarks and negative comments. How's that sound?

Looks like somebody just woke up from their evening nap and is a little cranky. What i said wasn't snarky and wasn't negative, i know AndreusAs has already said he wants to keep it in but the Dawn of war games has taught me that lasguns fire beams, not blaster bolts, but that's just a personal preference. There is very little to address in terms of feedback at the moment as the only major things that need fixing are already in the process of being fixed, apart from those and a few more maps this mod in my eyes is pretty much good to go.

Volkonski said:
Looks like somebody just woke up from their evening nap and is a little cranky. What i said wasn't snarky and wasn't negative, i know AndreusAs has already said he wants to keep it in but the Dawn of war games has taught me that lasguns fire beams, not blaster bolts, but that's just a personal preference. There is very little to address in terms of feedback at the moment as the only major things that need fixing are already in the process of being fixed, apart from those and a few more maps this mod in my eyes is pretty much good to go.

Ha, as if I nap at all. Can barely even sleep.... But after watching the Lego movie and getting inspired (I'm pathetic :cry:) I came up with a "brilliant" solution. Since both types, bolt and beam, are described in the lore and books etc. and written off as "different patterns" by the unnamed-boogeyman-don't-cease-and-desist-this-mod-company different regiments could have different weapon effects. Or even give different weapon effects to different weapons inside a regiment. And I agree with just about everything else you said. It just smacked as a bit rude to wish for a sub-/minimod for a mod that's in pre-alpha :wink:

I wish I could make them like beams :smile: But it seems pretty much imposible on  Warband engine. At lest, I'm not that good at scripting to tell it for sure.

KickingJoub said:
Volkonski said:

Ha, as if I nap at all. Can barely even sleep.... But after watching the Lego movie and getting inspired (I'm pathetic :cry:) I came up with a "brilliant" solution. Since both types, bolt and beam, are described in the lore and books etc. and written off as "different patterns" by the unnamed-boogeyman-don't-cease-and-desist-this-mod-company different regiments could have different weapon effects. Or even give different weapon effects to different weapons inside a regiment. And I agree with just about everything else you said. It just smacked as a bit rude to wish for a sub-/minimod for a mod that's in pre-alpha :wink:
Well i apologize for my comment then, i did not wish for it to be rude i just didn't want to have to go into a full length argument (which I've already partaken in) about why the lasgun effect should be beam and not bolt. I would understand it more if he wasn't using the standard issue M36 Kantrael (which as far as I can tell, only uses beam), but here he is so it just seems heavily out of place and kills a little of the mood (emphasis on little, not a lot).
AndreusAs said:
I wish I could make them like beams :smile: But it seems pretty much imposible on  Warband engine. At lest, I'm not that good at scripting to tell it for sure.
You could just simply lengthen the bolt, color it red and change the sound file to a lasgun blast. Just doing that would improve the mod tenfold IMO and you would be pleasing a lot of WH40K fans.

Back
Top Bottom