B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes in my eyes this mood is looking to be the Europa Barbarorum of Warband. In terms of accuracy and quality. Truelly impressive.

kuauik said:
Phalanx300 said:
Yes in my eyes this mood is looking to be the Europa Barbarorum of Warband. In terms of accuracy and quality. Truelly impressive.
accuracy - no
quality -yes :lol:

Haha at least has a sense of accuracy too it. Never seen this period like this is any game.  :razz:

Comrade Temuzu said:
kuauik said:
looking good,but too much Total war
Explain yourself.

Fact that its like Total war is right but not completly. When you can fight in first/third person with your men as their general is something different than Total war. I mean it in that way that you have combined RPG with Total war  :grin:  :razz:

Tom Bubu said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
kuauik said:
Explain yourself.

Fact that its like Total war is right but not completly. When you can fight in first/third person with your men as their general is something different than Total war. I mean it in that way that you have combined RPG with Total war  :grin:  :razz:
i was pointing out ,that the troops are looking like clones and the formations are resembling more like 18th century

I dont think that having a siege engine like in the total war series should be a flaw. Always better than a bunch of idiots screaming on a single ladder under heavy arrows. This would make people avoid using the auto resolve function most of the time if it's going for singleplayer

kuauik said:
Tom Bubu said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
kuauik said:
Explain yourself.

i was pointing out ,that the troops are looking like clones and the formations are resembling more like 18th century < This

Epic quality but it needs more differences in shields and equipment also formations should be more ragged. 1257 AD would be even better if it had siege scenes like these though.

kuauik said:
Tom Bubu said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
kuauik said:
Explain yourself.

i was pointing out ,that the troops are looking like clones and the formations are resembling more like 18th century

Hmm, Yeah, I agree to that. But well if you take Empire TW and Medieval 2TW then the formations don't have much differences. I'm not into history of formations in Medieval times so I think you are right    :smile:

Shalictar Hammerfall said:
crusaderslogo.png

variation 2, both by Mark7 of the rus forums
crusaderssss.png

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UPDATE
This is just pictures I found on the russian forum that I couldnt find on the new/old thread. Most were not posted by ficus that's probably why they didnt find their way here.
Siege battle 700 Jerusalem vs 200 Ayyubids (Guy was testing battle sizes)
f80203aee14c.jpg

5bff85ed24aa.jpg

51d5dc41c778.jpg

4850b4248f38.jpg

00a30cabfd09.jpg

f552ccb5ab07.jpg

56d3d438ad2d.jpg

62fff86d4410.jpg

84bc7df7237d.jpg

6e3c6e54bab1.jpg
Siege tower. posted by tester
49f633be4576.jpg

2d95bf9d532a.jpg

12c475c0d08f.jpg

32f0cbb0a13d.jpg

6075d0f58f2f.jpg
Flora -new tree (may have been posted, although I couldnt find it in the new or old thread)
ef9c212dfaaa.jpg
And just incase you didnt see before
Shalictar Hammerfall said:
New Hospitaller screenshots courtesy of Ficus and the Crusader: Way to expiation team.
825c11ac2409.jpg

b130092fa40b.jpg

8e85419de1ce.jpg

e20d43df72e2.jpg

Sig by Mark7

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161039.0.html][IMG]http://www.image-share.com/upload/866/88.png[/IMG][/url]
Please direct your thanks to Ficus and the Crusaders: way to expiation mod team, also to Mark7 if you go on to the rus forums.

This is Stronghold Crusader 3d. :shock:

May we get to see some pictures of the world map?
There are dozens of awesome screenshots but no one shows parts of the map.
It would be very interesting to see how big it is.

You'll have to wait for ficus on those, I cannot find any in the rus forums.  :sad:

EDIT:They have  research thread for it though, so I assure you the map is new and accurate to the region/time period.

I wonder; could Siege Towers be lit on fire? Unless you had a catapult or something on the walls, it was quite hard to bring them down. You could of course kill all the men operating it, but then more men would show up and continue... basically the most efficient way of destroying towers was to light 'em up. So can you, or are siege towers rumpling towers of indestructibility, like in native?

Knave24 said:
I wonder; could Siege Towers be lit on fire? Unless you had a catapult or something on the walls, it was quite hard to bring them down. You could of course kill all the men operating it, but then more men would show up and continue... basically the most efficient way of destroying towers was to light 'em up. So can you, or are siege towers rumpling towers of indestructibility, like in native?
Siege towers could be destroyed only with catapults or trebuche cause most of them they were cover with cow dry skin or other materials and that dosent burn if you shoot at it with fire arrows :wink:

sonyer said:
Knave24 said:
Siege towers could be destroyed only with catapults or trebuche cause most of them they were cover with cow dry skin or other materials and that dosent burn if you shoot at it with fire arrows :wink:

It worked somehow with boiled oil, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Warband.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
sonyer said:
Knave24 said:

It worked somehow with boiled oil, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Warband.

With boiling oil however, the seige tower would have to be seiged already because it'll be hard to throw a pot of scalding hot boiling oil. Unless you shoot it from a ballistae for catapult or something which can throw it without burning your hand off  :wink:

As I said before, it would be extremely difficult to bring it down without a catapult/trebuchet/ballistae on the walls; but generally in a siege, with enough arrows, a siege tower could be lit up and brought down. It was no easy feat of course; it would take hours on end of notch, draw, loose to even get a spark on the thing (as they were covered in hides and other such flame retardant things) but it could eventually be destroyed. Of course, it was even easier to simply wait on the walls for them to run against a wall of spears, but this didn't always work.  :wink:

And it is extremely hard (by extremely hard I mean impossible.) to throw boiling oil on a siege tower..... you could fashion a pot to a ballistae bolt and fill it with oil, but then, you would need a ballistae on the walls... or a catapult could be loaded with Greek Fire (if you were Byzantine  :wink:) or something similar, but again, this is all assuming that there are no such engines on the wall, and there is only the garrison, and the wall itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom