SP Native Fantasy [WB] Calradian Dynasties (Age of Magic + Dynasties)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. :grin:

fearblaster, if you use screenshots from the mod in the signature you make, please make sure to turn your graphics to the highest. I didn't know this at first until I realized how bad my screenshots looked, so I'm just trying to avoid it. :smile:

Also: Backstay, I like the new avatar. :wink:

I realize this is (very) early in development, but some things I do not understand. For instance, why can we only spawn in Praven?

Also are the new factions to become full-fledged factions like all the others evetually or are they supposed to be smaller?

Falkner92 said:
I realize this is (very) early in development, but some things I do not understand. For instance, why can we only spawn in Praven?
Because of the story, I'll explain later. :smile:

Falkner92 said:
Also are the new factions to become full-fledged factions like all the others evetually or are they supposed to be smaller?
The Varinian Ellisari will become bigger in the future, but not by much. Bandits will not, but I plan on giving them certain advantages that would make them hard to kill. Some are already done. :smile:

Falkner92 said:
No good quests? :sad:
I will make the first good quest after finishing the second bad quest. But for now, no there are no good quests, sorry. :neutral:

cwr said:
Falkner92 said:
Because of the story, I'll explain later. :smile:

Falkner92 said:
The Varinian Ellisari will become bigger in the future, but not by much. Bandits will not, but I plan on giving them certain advantages that would make them hard to kill. Some are already done. :smile:

Can't wait too see what those bandits will do :wink:

Alright, I went to Yalen, talked to the usurer, got the quest to get the money back for him, went to Suno, talked to the guy waited until nightfall, slaughtered him and his peasant horde and got the money. Truth be told, I was extremely overpowered for the kind of rabble he sent against me, but then I didn't know about the quest until you told me. You're gonna have to put in something that indicates where we need to go to start the evil questline so people know it's there.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty rock solid start for the mod. I would suggest buffing up the debtor's party a little bit, maybe mix in a couple of militias or low-level mercenaries with the townsfolk? And the debtor himself, I know he's the first fight, but seriously the Murderers leading the Bandit parties were harder than him. It's just a thought. :roll:

Like I said, it's a little too early to really say anything concrete about mod, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it, I'm curious to see where it goes.

Bonne chance! :wink:

Falkner92 said:
Alright, I went to Yalen, talked to the loan shark, got the quest to get the money back for him, went to Suno, talked to the guy waited until nightfall, slaughtered him and his peasant horde and got the money. Truth be told, I was extremely overpowered for the kind of rabble he sent against me.
Its only the first evil quest. They will get harder, don't worry. Though I plan on adding some peasant militia troops that upgrade from farmers, instead of watchmen upgrading from farmers, and maybe they could be added to his party.

Falkner92 said:
You're gonna have to put in something that indicates where we need to go to start the evil questline so people know it's there.
Get your relation up to 5 with the bandit faction, then talk to any party of roaming bandits, and ask if they want help.

Falkner92 said:
Overall, I'd say it's a pretty rock solid start for the mod. I would suggest buffing up the debtor's party a little bit, maybe mix in a couple of militias or low-level mercenaries with the townsfolk? And the debtor himself, I know he's the first fight, but seriously the Murderers leading the Bandit parties were harder than him. It's just a thought. :roll:
I want him to be a peasant, so his equipment won't be upgraded. But you make a good point; I'll buff his skills so he's more powerful. :smile:

Michadr said:
Can't wait too see what those bandits will do :wink:
Yeah, its that idea we were working on, plus some new bandit patrols out of Tevarin Castle. :wink:

That seems like a good idea, adding some generic militias that upgrade from farmers and putting a couple them in his army. You'll have to first change his army to Farmers though, currently their Townsfolk. They look similar but they're not the same unit.

As for debtor, I was under the impression from the dialogue that he was a merchant, but okay.

I just have one more question: if playing an evil character, you're expected to be on good terms with the Bandits, who do you fight to gain experience and upgrade your initial army?

Falkner92 said:
That seems like a good idea, adding some generic militias that upgrade from farmers and putting a couple them in his army. You'll have to first change his army to Farmers though, currently their Townsfolk. They look similar but they're not the same unit.
Both of them will upgrade to peasant militia.

Falkner92 said:
As for debtor, I was under the impression from the dialogue that he was a merchant, but okay.
He is both a debtor and a merchant. :smile: Sorry for being confusing. :oops:

Falkner92 said:
I just have one more question: if playing an evil character, you're expected to be on good terms with the Bandits, who do you fight to gain experience and upgrade your initial army?
Help bandits in battles vs. slavers and farmers. I also plan on adding an option to fight the slavers patrolling on the map. :smile:
You can start as a merchant, then once you have enough money (about 2000 dinars) go ask a bandit lord for peace. (inside of their castle, so they wont attack you :wink:)

Michadr said:
Attack the slavers eh? (sly smile) but who will stop the bandits hoho  :grin:

Patrols. Diplomacy has that. :lol: But when you attack the patrols too... :wink:

Oh sorry I forgot to update the main post. :oops: The next release will be one week from today. :smile:

I know for sure that there will be one more evil quest, but other than that I don't know.

If you want a general idea of what is coming for the evil quests, look here. Though I may need to change some things, that gives you a good idea. :smile:

Im new to the world of Mount and Blade Warband and the modding, I started messing around with your mod pack-which is fantastic I might add, and I was wondering, when you release a new update, how will i be able to update and keep my character, I play it through steam btw.

cwr said:
Oh sorry I forgot to update the main post. :oops: The next release will be one week from today. :smile:

I know for sure that there will be one more evil quest, but other than that I don't know.

If you want a general idea of what is coming for the evil quests, look here. Though I may need to change some things, that gives you a good idea. :smile:

No! No spoilers! Get that away from me!

Srsly though, do try to get at least the FIRST good quest on. I find it really strange that you chose to start working on the evil quests before good ones, btw, usually it's the other way around. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom