SP Native Musket Era Warband: Renaissance

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rad said:
Sorry, I can't agree with you both. I played native, Litus for long time, 15th century up to 39 level, tried various another mods but this mod is the hardest which I played. But its difficultness really don't entertain me but rather annoys me and what you consider as good ballance in it I  on the contrary consider it as imbalance, so that I will go to play some another one.

I am able to understand shields weren't used frequently in renaissance period but when I am in full armor which protect me minimally, so in this case shield is another way how to protect better. You know in mod 15th century I used heavy bardiche usually because armor protected me quite well but in this mod using two handed weapon isn't a good idea too much just for unefficiency even of the best armors. :wink:

Its really great mod but i agree with this. You cant kill armoured horse or rider with pike thrust youll have to at least fix it into the ground. And its really far from reality of rennaisance warfare that armoured cavalry wanst able to fight effectively against pikemen. They werent defeated because pike thrust attack was 50 and could pierce two horses and riders in row but because they were outnumbered by 10:1 or so attacking against entrenched infantry or isolated and encircled. :mrgreen: With all the guns pikes and halberds in combination it wouldnt be hard to deal with heavy cavalry even without pike or halberd having damage like it had nuclear missile at the top.

Hello , you have to copy the mod folder to your Warband Modules folder , by example:

If you installed Warband in : C:\Files\Mount&Blade Warband\ , then go to the folder
"Modules" , and copy the mod there .

Regards

Also, incase you didn't know you'll have to extract the files. Do you have winzip, winrar or 7zip? 7zip is the only free one though I've been told the trial for winrar lasts forever.

kuriherbaarius said:
  I just love historical epoch of "musket and pike". "The Eagle and the Radiant Cross" was my favorite MnB mod - in fact, the only one mod I played for a significant time. Warband was released, I waited for a good TEatRC-style mod - with firearms, pikes, etc - but to no avail. So I decided to make something like it myself.
  This mod pictures Calradia 200-300 years later from Native. It's not very historically accurate about armors, weapons, troops, etc (Native isn't either), but I tried to keep style.

- all factions' troop trees are almost completely reworked
- some new items, including pikes and lots of various firearms: muskets, arquebuses, carbines, pistols
- pike, crossbow and musket are really evil weapons and can bring down full-armored knight in a single hit
- multiplayer with firearms and pikes

Some screenshots [...]

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1938
  Test version is done. Please feel free to give your feedback, ideas, suggestions, etc  I don't have much free time and prefer playing to mod developing, so if you like this mod and want to take development for yourself, PM me for source :grin:

Credits:
"Mount and Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem" developers team
Narf for excellent plate armor pack
Dejawolf for medieval helmets pack

and, of course, TEatRC team.

I love this mod taking Calradia to the Renaissance. I see that there's much potential. So I wonder if you are still improving it?

@Gothic Knight:

Nah. M&B Fighting Dynamics don't really allow 17th century fencing. In the 17th century, you had really quick moves, also moves which consisted in parying an assault while already launching a counterassault. Check out all of those cool rapier-schools that came in to being recently. You can't emulate that with mouse and keyboard...

Starting some research on items to enrich this mod.
(I also started learning how to use blender sooner this week, but I still suck.)

Burgonets
D43-helm-mittelalter-sturmhaube-2-teilig-um-1600.jpg

M0347b_gross.jpg

M0314a_gross.jpg

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_spot_burgonet.html
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Burgonet?uselang=de
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2009/armor/fullscreen/armorfull.shtm
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/17.190.1720
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/04.3.217,22.140

Armets
(the current one seems to small)
popup_image.php

M0317_gross.jpg

M0317c_gross.jpg

Harness - General
armourarmour28nq.gif

[size=14pt]Halfplate

[size=14pt]Renaissance Fullplate

Renaissance Knights / Heavy Cavalry
Rossharnisch.JPG

Royal_armoury_Stockholm_1.jpg

TBH, I thought this would suck when I clicked the thread.

You had me at the first Vaegir screenshot.

Bayard-X said:
@Gothic Knight:

Nah. M&B Fighting Dynamics don't really allow 17th century fencing. In the 17th century, you had really quick moves, also moves which consisted in parying an assault while already launching a counterassault. Check out all of those cool rapier-schools that came in to being recently. You can't emulate that with mouse and keyboard...

Chamber blocking is pretty close to what you're describing. Besides, I'm sure things were not so neat on the battlefield. It could work.

Lucan946 said:
Bayard-X said:
@Gothic Knight:

Chamber blocking is pretty close to what you're describing. Besides, I'm sure things were not so neat on the battlefield. It could work.

Chamber blocking is still limited to four parades, isn't it?

I guess, if I were in field during 17th century, I'd do some nasty tricks as long as I don't get some musket ball. Maybe fighting in general is much "neater" (in terms of creativity) than what we consider here...

...anyways! Hopefully, I'll create some nice models until the end of the year, so we can build up some real Renaissance mod.

dochtorgajo said:
Rad said:
Sorry, I can't agree with you both. I played native, Litus for long time, 15th century up to 39 level, tried various another mods but this mod is the hardest which I played. But its difficultness really don't entertain me but rather annoys me and what you consider as good ballance in it I  on the contrary consider it as imbalance, so that I will go to play some another one.

I am able to understand shields weren't used frequently in renaissance period but when I am in full armor which protect me minimally, so in this case shield is another way how to protect better. You know in mod 15th century I used heavy bardiche usually because armor protected me quite well but in this mod using two handed weapon isn't a good idea too much just for unefficiency even of the best armors. :wink:

Its really great mod but i agree with this. You cant kill armoured horse or rider with pike thrust youll have to at least fix it into the ground. And its really far from reality of rennaisance warfare that armoured cavalry wanst able to fight effectively against pikemen. They werent defeated because pike thrust attack was 50 and could pierce two horses and riders in row but because they were outnumbered by 10:1 or so attacking against entrenched infantry or isolated and encircled. :mrgreen: With all the guns pikes and halberds in combination it wouldnt be hard to deal with heavy cavalry even without pike or halberd having damage like it had nuclear missile at the top.

Just study up on the Spanish tercios that dominated European battlefields for more than a century after 1500. Good combination of horse, pike, and musket that could take down almost anything. Fernandez de Cordoba's technique was only superseded effectively when Maurice of Nassau invented the long line of fusiliers (only one or two ranks deep rather) that remained standard (for the British army above all) until after Waterloo. I've been using Nassau's techniques in Native for some time, although with longbowmen instead. It is tougher to pull off the tercio even in the Renaissance mod, although with some adaptation of Form Ranks maybe so. 

In any case, watching a cavalry charge come down on my little pike and powder army is still a frightening prospect. Quantity over quality seems to be a good principle to follow, at least early on.

Err, just about the only ones who used the 2-rank line that long were the British. Everyone else preferred 3-rank lines and, a little later, columns.

Hello good folk. (one thing i must first say is that i am not a modder; sorry) I am glad that a mod is being focused around one of my favorite eras. I have played the mod in it's current form and i am most impressed. One thing i would say, only having played as the nords and rhodoks is that perhaps the pikemen could look similar to the musketeers in style. The musketeers for both these factions depict the era of the 30 years war and english civil wars beutifully but the pikemen look more medieval to early renaissance. I just thought that the pikemen could wear a tunic and breastplate like those of the english civil wars. I have fought the swadians and the veiger and i really liked the style of the swadian armour and i liked the strelets style of the veiger soldiers. Perhaps some more 15-1600 style clothing in the shops would be nice but perhaps you are working on this. Any way; i love the mod so far and i wish you every luck with it in the future with the creation of this masterpeice

cheers

This mod is fun stuff.  I enjoy the fact that it's essentially Warband with firearms and not a complete overhaul.  I don't want to memorize a bunch of new names and locations...I just want to shoot knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom