SP Native Musket Era Warband: Renaissance

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rad said:
By my opinion this mod is very unbalanced. I have plate armor 59, 19, helmet 39, bots 33 and gloves 6 and as though I didn't have almost any armor. Several blows and I am always dead. I never experienced anything like that yet. Mameluks are extremely strong here.  :???:
You gotta learn how to deal with some enemies. You cant charge on Rhodok Heavy Infantry, for instance, you will be dead before you can draw your sword. You must also be wary of any firearms on the field, they can put you down in a shot or two. Learn about your enemy, see what are his best units, see how he is deployed and act accordingly.

Right now im into a tough war with Rhodoks and Vaegirs (im Swadian), against Rhodoks i try to use my Arquebusiers to fight their Heavy Infantry, i also try to arrash them on horse with a pistol. After most of them are gone, i use my Knights, Landeskneck and Dopplesoldners to wipe their ranged units and the weaker pikemen.
Against Vaegir usually its an allout charge with as many cavalry as possible supported by Arquebusiers, since they are lightly armored and almost all of them use bows and firearms, its a good idea to get close on them as quick as possible.

Also you should wait until you have a well developed char and a decent army before joining a faction.

Kuriherbaarius, are you a girl? At least you have it written in your personal characteristics. I like it, it would be pleasant change. Where are you from if isn't it a secret? But anyway, armor should protect somehow, especially plate armor and shields shouldn't be broken up after three blows, it wouldn't any sense to use them and dragging them to battle at all. They were from quite thick wood usually, reinforced with metal. It wasn't so easy to break them up. :???:

Maybe you could inspire by mod 15th century. For me t is the best mod for Warband which I played so far.  :wink:

If your shield breaks easly, get a better one, and put some points into the skill. A metal shield with 5 points on the skill can hold pretty well against anything but firearms.

Sorry, but please, don't proceed to advise me how I would be some novice in M&B and Warband. I really know how to play it and I know too how some armor should protect and how some shields should be durable. And by the way durability of shields has nothing to do with shield skill. Maybe you mean it well and try to advise but by my opinion this mod isn't well balanced and for that reason I am writing some issues here because I think they should be corrected in mod. I have really played out hundreds and hundreds hours of M&B and Warband already.  :wink:

Thats odd, plate armor seems to pwn for me. When fighting plate armored enemies they take up many hits before finally falling to their death. Also note that the mod just came out and it isn't even in full time production, the modder states he doesn't really have alot of time, for me it looks like a graphic enhancement with renaissance firearms and clothing, because it does indeed look very nice.

It also depends on the tactics your using as well, I mix my line with pike and shot and it does very well, then I flank behind them with cavalry to take out their gunners. I usually carry 2 pistols and a sword and just charge away into glory. Frontal attacks are suicide against gunners, they'll cut you down easily.

I think a lot of things was taken over from the game "With Fire and Sword" together with this unballanceness and difficulty which is characteristic for the most of Russian and Ukraine games.  :???:

DamHove said:
Any other way to get the equipment of the Nord Musketeer than kicking them and declaring war to the Nords?...
Im not that mucj into breaking strong alliences...
  Well, I guess you can accidentally meet musketeer deserters and loot coats from them.

Rad said:
Kuriherbaarius, are you a girl? At least you have it written in your personal characteristics. I like it, it would be pleasant change. Where are you from if isn't it a secret? But anyway, armor should protect somehow, especially plate armor and shields shouldn't be broken up after three blows, it wouldn't any sense to use them and dragging them to battle at all. They were from quite thick wood usually, reinforced with metal. It wasn't so easy to break them up. :???:

Maybe you could inspire by mod 15th century. For me t is the best mod for Warband which I played so far.  :wink:
  Yes.
  Don't know what can be wrong with shields, they have the same stats as in native. But bullets, crossbow bolts and some arrows have chance of piercing shield, and also some weapons have good anti-shield capabilities. That's why (along with high development of plate armour) in the pictured period of time shields were almost obsolete in Europe (and Calradia), except some special cases. So it's normal if they'are useless :grin:  Also, I tried to make gameplay more challenging and balanced. In native you don't need anyone except knights. But in reality, it was suicide for cavalry to charge pike formation, and shooters were rather effective. So it is in this mod. After all, musketeers made heavy armor and pikes obsolete. Btw, swords, sabers, axes etc have stats as in native too, so heavy armor should protect against them not worse than it were.

Rad said:
I think a lot of things was taken over from the game "With Fire and Sword" together with this unballanceness and difficulty which is characteristic for the most of Russian and Ukraine games.  :???:

It was, read the credits and the 3 lines tell you where he got his open source sources. As for the balance your talking about, doesn't seem that ill-balanced to me, you must have a completely different play style. The mod could use some more features, but like the mod maker stated himself, he doesn't have the time and anyone is able to pick it up and improve upon it if need be.

Sorry, I can't agree with you both. I played native, Litus for long time, 15th century up to 39 level, tried various another mods but this mod is the hardest which I played. But its difficultness really don't entertain me but rather annoys me and what you consider as good ballance in it I  on the contrary consider it as imbalance, so that I will go to play some another one.

I am able to understand shields weren't used frequently in renaissance period but when I am in full armor which protect me minimally, so in this case shield is another way how to protect better. You know in mod 15th century I used heavy bardiche usually because armor protected me quite well but in this mod using two handed weapon isn't a good idea too much just for unefficiency even of the best armors. :wink:

Vernah said:
Rad said:

It was, read the credits and the 3 lines tell you where he got his open source sources. As for the balance your talking about, doesn't seem that ill-balanced to me, you must have a completely different play style. The mod could use some more features, but like the mod maker stated himself, he doesn't have the time and anyone is able to pick it up and improve upon it if need be.
I agree. While some units and factions are unbalanced (if left to the AI, Rhodoks can beat the crap out of anything) they are not to a point where the mod is unplayable. It can be countered with tactics and common sense*.

*Except sieges. No matter what you do, if you siege Rhodoks you better bring up to 4 to 1 advantage if you want a chance to win. Those damn Heavy Infantry hurt a lot on the bottleneck caused by the ladder.

Articulo34 said:
*Except sieges. No matter what you do, if you siege Rhodoks you better bring up to 4 to 1 advantage if you want a chance to win. Those damn Heavy Infantry hurt a lot on the bottleneck caused by the ladder.
  Hmm, I thought sieges is the most easy and interesting part. With "european" cultures (nords, rhodoks, swadians) you just need to have some good archers/crossbowmen/shooters to supress enemy fire and kill close-combat infantry on walls - it's even easier because they have almost no shields. And use ranged weapon yourself, each quiver/cartridge bag = 40 kills. If using firearm, you can take 3 cartridge bags for siege, since musket can be used as a club.

But when attacking sarranid/khergit/vaegir castle, maybe it's better to take more direct approach, they have lots of shields and ranged weapons, but don't have pikes.

kuriherbaarius said:
Articulo34 said:
  Hmm, I thought sieges is the most easy and interesting part. With "european" cultures (nords, rhodoks, swadians) you just need to have some good archers/crossbowmen/shooters to supress enemy fire and kill close-combat infantry on walls - it's even easier because they have almost no shields. And use ranged weapon yourself, each quiver/cartridge bag = 40 kills. If using firearm, you can take 3 cartridge bags for siege, since musket can be used as a club.

But when attacking sarranid/khergit/vaegir castle, maybe it's better to take more direct approach, they have lots of shields and ranged weapons, but don't have pikes.

Against the Rhodoks i have tried everything. Putting as many ranged troops on front as possible and nail them from distance. Put some ranged troops to provide cover for assaulting forces. Go ahead myself trying to make an opening on the ladder...on the end its always the same, we lose A LOT more troops than them while against other factions its more even (most of the time a 1:1 ratio).

BTW I play with only Swadian troops except Nord Leib Musketeers. My army usually is composed by +20 Knights, +20 Veteran Landesneck, +40 Leib Musketeers, +20 Dopplesoldners, +40 Landesneck Arquebusiers and some lesser troops to fill up casualities (Landesneck, Infantry, Crossbowmen, Footmen).

articulo,the best way to flee rhodokian infantry,is to use horse archers unit.they can easily defeat slow-moving infantry.

yeps, a cavalry sword, bullets, a flintlock musket and then some extra ammo. Usually I wear a brigantine along with a sallet as a helmet., The best army, according to me, would be a Rhodoks based foot army, along with heavy infantry and musketeers, and then some vaegir mounted gunners as a flanking device- that rocks! :grin:
Btw, Fantastic mod! :grin: I really love to power that have been given to firearms! beside that, I love the new models that you've implented in the game :grin:

molashkre said:
articulo,the best way to flee rhodokian infantry,is to use horse archers unit.they can easily defeat slow-moving infantry.
On the battlefield they are not that hard. With Swadians i just have to do a little micro with Landesneck and Dopples, some flanking with arquebusiers and finally a heavy cav charge.
Problem comes on sieges, there is no way to avoid heavy casualties against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom