WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Make My Day - Please read what needs to be included on the first post in this thread in your bug report then post the necessary information if you need help.  Do you have the latest Warband patch V 1.132?  You need that.

@Wonderbead - I cannot believe you are already trying to modify codes and tweak the game when you don't have a clue how many modified by MV and Treebeard codes there are in the game, where and how they were modified,  as well as how many entirely new ones there are.  Probably very few, if any tweaks which worked in PoP 3 for V 1.011 will work in PoP3, Warband, considering the huge differences between the two.  No wonder you're having problems - it serves you quite right.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
@Make My Day - Please read what needs to be included on the first post in this thread in your bug report then post the necessary information if you need help.  Do you have the latest Warband patch V 1.132?  You need that.

@Wonderbead - I cannot believe you are already trying to modify codes and tweak the game when you don't have a clue how many modified by MV and Treebeard codes there are in the game, where and how they were modified,  as well as how many entirely new ones there are.  Probably very few, if any tweaks which worked in PoP 3 for V 1.011 will work in PoP3, Warband, considering the huge differences between the two.  No wonder you're having problems - it serves you quite right.

Well excuse me, you didn't have to start belittling me and implying that simply trying to get a Qualis gem slightly quicker is the cause of my woes.

Oh, and another thing-I only tried to do it after I first reported these bugs.

Footy said:
Everytime i try to start Warband, when it's close to finish the texture loading, i get this error: get_object failed for body: bo_bushes07_a
Tried updating everything i got, checked my Warband version, but still don't work. im by no menas good at this stuff, so any advice on what to do would be welcome, so i can play :razz: Im using Vista and got NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, if that helps :smile:

Edit: A few extra stuff about my com: Memory is 4GB MB ram, Processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50GHz.
No save games since i haven't made it past loading Textures :razz: Game settings... tried to change it to alot of different settings, to see if any of it would help, but no luck.

Problem fixed somehow. Downloaded Warband from taleworlds (Had the steamversion) and now i got past both loading textures, and tehn loading setting data which froze a few times :razz: Time for Mr. Peasant to enter a new epic tale! From scratch, but, he will be known for finding a noldor castle!

If ppl have memory problem maybe this help
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Its help me 1257 AD mode

Sorry for the question but i have something to say : why there is always native cities name and faction name. Sarleon is swadia and sarleon is praven (for exemple).
It's not a real problem but i hate that. Need to see all pendor (and fantastic) style.

Sorry if the answer already exist.

Adeubal said:
Sorry for the question but i have something to say : why there is always native cities name and faction name. Sarleon is swadia and sarleon is praven (for exemple).
It's not a real problem but i hate that. Need to see all pendor (and fantastic) style.

Sorry if the answer already exist.

Are you sure you even have Prophesy of Pendor loaded?

There are towns that resemble Calradian Native towns because because we did not make an entirely new model for every town, village and castle from scratch.  That would have been a horrendous job in terms of work and time, and completely unecessary.  In PoP, the map is entirely different from Calradia's, the terrain, armor, horses, weapons, cultures, sub-cultures, troop trees, enemies, economy, kingdom management (including new buildings which yield differenct benefits), all the companions are entirely Pendorian and original to Prophesy of Pendor. 

PoP 3 has vast numbers of features which Native does not have.  They are in no way like those in Native.  The Sarleon faction in Pendor bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Native Swadia.  Also, in terms of new cities, Sysyphe DID model 100% new Empire towns as well as making all the D'Shar villages into yurt villages.  I can't think what you could possibly be complaining about in terms of similarity of PoP to Native, unless you loaded Native vanilla V 1.011 by mistake, thinking you are playing Prophesy of Pendor.

Hmm. I have hit another bug i just can't seem to figure out on my own. Everytime i have created my char, and is going to travel to a city, i get this error before i arrive in the scene with the thief: Error loading postFX shaders: Make sure you have the latest DirectX Runtime Library installed. Return code -2147024888
I have checked if i have the up to date DirextX, heck just updated it if there was anything to come for. So im sorry to say it, but i got no idea what to do. I have finally found the sweet spot on texture to load, so thats now problem :smile:

Shame on me, and thanks to you Fawzia. I got past that error, after a thing i read in the link you posted in another thread. I think i will have to give this forum a break, so i don't spam it too much :wink:

Anybody having loading/crashing problems, read these:

Some (possibly) helpful posts on Warband performance from the 1257board:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

I used the XP fix in the first link and I have not crashed for months in all our beta testing.  Be sure you use the right fix for your OS - they are different for different OS.

I didn't get that far. Read the second edit, and it was explaining what to X in the configuration, if you couldn't make it past the pick a destination menu. If i end up crashing some more, i think i will try give that thread some more attention :smile:

First 'bug':

I've created a new character, female with following traits:

- outlawed knight
- minor Barclay noble
- lady in waiting
- personal revenge

Later I've assigned attributes, chosen appearance, decided to join D'Shar caravan and landed in the city, waiting for the bandit. When I head-shotted the bandit with my crossbow, the game 'hangs' repeating few frames of animation over and over, the 'bug' is fixed when you alt-tab to desktop and go back to the game. I've witnessed this issue commonly in Blood and Steel mod, which has extensive scripting and bugs of semi-random nature.

Specs shouldn't manner, but anyway:

P4 3.2ghz
1.5GB RAM
1024mb HD 4600 (ATI)
32bit XP service pack 3

There are towns that resemble Calradian Native towns because because we did not make an entirely new model for every town, village and castle from scratch.  That would have been a horrendous job in terms of work and time, and completely unecessary.  In PoP, the map is entirely different from Calradia's, the terrain, armor, horses, weapons, cultures, sub-cultures, troop trees, enemies, economy, kingdom management (including new buildings which yield differenct benefits), all the companions are entirely Pendorian and original to Prophesy of Pendor. 

PoP 3 has vast numbers of features which Native does not have.  They are in no way like those in Native.  The Sarleon faction in Pendor bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Native Swadia.  Also, in terms of new cities, Sysyphe DID model 100% new Empire towns as well as making all the D'Shar villages into yurt villages.  I can't think what you could possibly be complaining about in terms of similarity of PoP to Native, unless you loaded Native vanilla V 1.011 by mistake, thinking you are playing Prophesy of Pendor.

No no really. I have the Pendor map (i know it since M&B), cities are in right places but faction names and some cities names are just like vanilla. At start I have to choose whitch city i want to join and ALL are native name. But cities architecture are not native.
Really disturbing :/ And i REALLY play with PoP (have never seen heretic, black coven, serpent and adventurer in vanilla :smile: )

You have some sort of problem, as our PoP 3 Warband opens with "take a caravan to"  Sarleon(not Swadia), Fierdsvain(not Nord), D'Shar(not Khergit), Empire(not Rhodok), Ravenstern(not Vaegir) - all Pendor towns NOT Native Calradian towns with Native names.  We did not rename all the villages, but every single town in PoP is renamed.  No PoP faction has the same name as Native factions.  I'd suggest you reinstall PoP V 3.2 for Warband, if that is what you are talking about, or if you are playing PoP V 3.1 for Native V 1.011, reinstall it.  PoP 3 for Warband eliminates the Sarranids.

For PoP V 3.1 for Native V 1.011, you need to have installed the (same named) patch from the Taleworlds page - it is also called V 1.011, but fixed a lot of Native bugs, then reinstall PoP into its modules folder.

For Warband, you need the latest version of Native Warband, V 1.132, then reinstall PoP into its modules folder.

Something is obviously wrong with your installations.

a minor typo I noticed-The guildmasters mention the Rhodok constitution. :wink:

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice the screens(Like the startup screen, town interface screen, etc.) are vanilla M&B. Are the snazzy screens still there, and if so, what do I edit to get them back?

Yes, a lot of what people are reporting as PoP problems are Warband problems.  That's why it took us so long to get PoP 3 for Warband up and running, and took so much testing time.

@Wonderbead: The screens and town interface screens are NOT Vanilla M&B in PoP V 1.32 - you have a problem, PoP 3 does not have a problem.  If you have Steam, it might be Steam.  If not you have an installation problem, not a PoP problem.  Someone else said all the towns and factions had Native names, too, which they absolutely don't in PoP V 1.132.

Do you have Warband V 1.132?  That's their latest patch.  If not, download it and then reinstall PoP V 3.2 for Warband. 

There is no mention of the Rhodoks in any of the PoP strings or dialogs - I know that because I wrote most of them.

@Make My Day: See here - this will fix your Warband (not PoP) problem:
Some (possibly) helpful posts on Warband performance from the 1257 Board:

Be sure you use the right fix for your OS - there are different ones for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.

I posted this not five minutes ago also in this thread on this very page.  Search function, anyone?  Or at least read the same page before posting?

Yes, a lot of what people are reporting as PoP problems are Warband problems.  That's why it took is so long to get PoP 3 for Warband up and running, and took so much testing time.

The screens and town interface screens are NOT Vanilla M&B in PoP V 1.32 - you have a problem, PoP 3 does not have a problem.  If you have Steam, it might be Steam.  If not you have an installation problem, not a PoP problem.  Someone else said all the towns and factions had Native names, too, which they don't in PoP V 1.132.

Do you have Warband V 1.132?  That's their latest patch.  If not, download it and then reinstall PoP V 3.2 for Warband.  There is no mention of the Rhodoks in any of the PoP strings or dialogs - I know that because I wrote most of them.

Make My Day: See here: Some (possibly) helpful posts on Warband performance from the 1257 Board:

Yep, I got the latest patch. Using steam version. I DID try using the non-Steam version, but I still got the screen issue.

I did have to fix the music problem, so are you sure there's nothing I can just insert into modules.ini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom