WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnddyiRaynor said:
Well just go to Modules\Pendor\Resource\ and see if PendorHorses.brf is there, however that really means nothing if none of your other mods work.

Also if/when you reinstall Prophesy of Pendor just delete the old folder or rename it so you aren't installing over anything, just in case and make sure you are redownloading it because using the old version you downloaded that doesn't work is not going to help you, since it may not have fully downloaded if your internet cut out or for any reason.

Make sure you are downloading the 722,545kb sized one off nexus it should be the full version, other people the problem you are having cuz they only downloaded a patch version.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=147708.2580 Is what I mean incase my answer isn't enough.

Yeah I did a delete, re download, etc from nexus and still no change; its not working. The missing horses.brf file is there but it still wont load.

I also have a strange occurrence where even if I extract the PoP files into a new modules files, it says 113 files already exists and ask me if I want to overwrite them. Anybody else getting that ?

Have you ever got a mod to work for warband? You do know you just extract the pop module ( the file that says Prophesy of Pendor) into Mount&Blade Warband\Modules. No native files or anything in it just what you downloaded from nexus for Pop. It's weird that it's saying 113 files already exist every time, you may have a virus idk.

:neutral: dammit you were online when I started writing this.

Delete the whole PoP folder, clear out your download folder, clear your browser cookies and clear your browser cache.
Then do the redownload, reinstall and retry.

AnddyiRaynor said:
Have you ever got a mod to work for warband? You do know you just extract the pop module ( the file that says Prophesy of Pendor) into Mount&Blade Warband\Modules. No native files or anything in it just what you downloaded from nexus for Pop. It's weird that it's saying 113 files already exist every time, you may have a virus idk.

:neutral: dammit you were online when I started writing this.

No no I know how to extract mods. First time I am doing it on M&B on steam thought. Anyway I have cleared my download folder and everything else recommended by noosers. I will let you guys know how it goes ! :grin:!

Make sure Load textures on demand is on/ checked? From my link above you aren't the only person to have experienced this weird bug, I can't see the solution to it though so he must have given up.

Also check that your PendorHorses.brf is 9,415 kb or 9,641,984 bytes when you right click properties it. I'm hoping it's just textures on demand, which makes most sense if you have problems with other mods, since most mods require it to be loaded and native does not. You find it by going to configure/video when you click on the warband startup thing, it should popup for steam users too.

Well I finally got it working... I used to just drag and drop the Zipped stuff from the Pop Zipped filed into the mod file which was giving me that 113 items overwrite message... instead this time I just used the Winzip extract function to extract directly into the mod file and finally got it working :smile:

Thanks alot all for your help ! XD

Ok, this may or may not be a new issue, but the music and sound causes 3.611 to ctd reguarly and unexpectedly.
I know it is the music, because i heard this was an issue for previous versions of PoP, and when i checked "disable music", "disable sound" and "sound variation": no ctd. not one. been playing ctd free for 7 days, but as soon as i uncheck the above^^ i get ctds again.
the was a resource pack for a previous version which apparently fixed this, but it's not compatible with 3.611.

if anyone has any ideas, or if the solution is elswhere, please let me know.
Currently i am the deaf King of Pendor, and it's no fun.

on loadin screen it poops me this rlg error :sad:

prntscr.com/3fsc04

please help me out :/ i got mount and blade warband version 1.134

Now, pray tell, what does some screenshot software/site have to do with PoP?

Just because something eats up your RAM anyone should read some tea leaves and gather information about your problem?

How about reading a few posts in this thread, starting with the very first one, to get a clue how certain things are formulated and asked?
Thank you very much.

dont know whats pop,but i wanted to play this mod,i once did and it worked perfectly now when im back it pops me out that error,didnt want to insult you or somthing,but ef i would find fix in the reading of threads i wouldnt post here+my english is bad :/

PoP is Prophesy of Pendor.

prntscr.com is (as google revealed) something to take screenshots. According to your rgl error you´ve gotten a problem with prntscr.com/3fsc04 which makes absolutely no sense at all.

So unless you tried to post an image of the error message, please re-read the first page of this thread in order to realize HOW TO post a request for help so anyone can start guessing instead of pulling something out of the blind.

Furthermore, right top corner, the search function. It may help you as well.

Hi,

I have a question about sound in this mod.

a) Who you were fighting - no one
b) Number of your troops and of the enemy troops in the siege or battle - n/a
c) Location of the battle - n/a
d) Specs of your machine and video card, how much memory, etc.

i5 @4.4
Nvidia Titan 6Gb
6Gb Ram @1800 Mhz
On board sound (also tried external usb sound card)

Windows 7

e) Specific details of a non-battle crash, such as taking to a particular type of troop or npc

Background chatter sound in taverns sounds like an out-of-tune radio, broken and almost like it is underwater or something, with a 'hiss' to it. Some music has a tint of this weird sound effect too. Is this just how it is or are the sound files damaged? (corrupt download?) Come from a long stint in 1257AD and Brytenwalda and no sound issues there, so not my hardware as far as I can tell.

M&B WB Version 1.158 (Non Steam version)
POP 3.611 (Full download from Nexus)

Open up the music folder of PoP and play the files manually - the ones starting with taverns.
Mayhaps your judging ear has too fine limits for the partially low quality of some of PoP´s music files/effects or your speakers settings cause some interference with the sound.

So if in doubt what´s causing it, plug in earphones and have a go again.

noosers said:
Open up the music folder of PoP and play the files manually - the ones starting with taverns.
Mayhaps your judging ear has too fine limits for the partially low quality of some of PoP´s music files/effects or your speakers settings cause some interference with the sound.

So if in doubt what´s causing it, plug in earphones and have a go again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have done what you said and now more confused! the sound that appears to be playing badly is town_loop_4.flac (only one sound named tavern and that is tavern_hello_there.flac - which plays fine in game)

When played manually on my PC the sound is of normal, fine quality. No problem. Played in game the town_loop_4 sounds horribly broken by comparison... literally like someone is playing it on a speaker submerged in a bath of water, on an out of tune radio.

My Bad, I opened the sounds folder not music. Turns out the music folder has multiple tavern files, all of which sound just as bad played manually, on speaker or headphones. Weird as the other in game sounds are all fine, but these are just much, much lower quality. Like you say it is probably just my ears, these files do not always play (sometimes other music etc) and it is far from game breaking. Still looks to be an absolutely amazing mod - looking forward to it hugely, not sure how I missed this one after all this time playing. I have been playing M&B since the original game was in Alpha release and TW offered it out at a discounted price direct from their site; all before paradox got involved etc.

Just change town_night to all those tavern music files, you just think it's corrupted because they are just that bad. They were made with a bunch of sounds bunched together to make it feel like lots of things are happening in the background while town_night is such a calming music. Or change w.e file you want from those other mods and place it in there and make sure it is renamed the file you want to change.

By the name of the music files I'd think they were warband originals or not since I can't find those names in warbands music file, idk why the person who made them named them after the original nations for native.

Had a reeeeaaallly good run going, about to start my own order. I ended the game while sitting in my castle biding my time for my training grounds to finished. Saved and exited and came back the next day and tried loading it up. It loads up...continues to load up.... then crashes. I have a earlier save, when I am about to take my first castle, but that was over a 100 days before !_!

Problem with companion item pool. Ediz (maybe others not sure) isn't upgrading ordinary arrows to Noldor arrows. Noldor arrows is +8 and he is only taking the +1 arrows. Probably because the large bag of arrows is 40 and the noldor one is 32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom