[Warband][M] The Wild Wind - Old west roleplaying (patch released!) [Old Thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, looks amazing. Will there be a beta/alpha mode first before the full release or will it be just one release? (This is different then asking for release dates :grin:)

Perhaps the buildings could be destructible only by means of torches and/or axes? For a bit of immersion.
Also, I know about nothing about guns, but I've liked this one since I saw it for the first time in 1866: The Hawken Rifle! (Alright, alright. It's from the 1820s, but still.. :razz:)

Shredzorz said:
Lyon665 said:
I just worry that people will create a village that's fantastic and awesome, then some dope will come around and put up shops that block all the doors and crap up the whole thing.
Yeah, I'm trying to think of a way to give admins the ability to delete all of a certain player's props, but I can't think of how a script like that would work. But all the props will be destructible anyway, so there won't be any permanent blocking.

Got an idea. Make some special areas for buidings. For example: There is an X area where buildings can spawn if the player is nearby or the Y wall can spawn only on Z place. If the player is too far then he will get a warning. It's the easiest way to get it to work. Also, please for the love of God, make sure everything won't turn in a fantastic bull**** city.

Lord Benrir said:
Perhaps the buildings could be destructible only by means of torches and/or axes? For a bit of immersion.
Also, I know about nothing about guns, but I've liked this one since I saw it for the first time in 1866: The Hawken Rifle! (Alright, alright. It's from the 1820s, but still.. :razz:)
I was actually already thinking about doing a Hawken rifle. That will probably be one of the next things I'll model.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Shredzorz said:
Lyon665 said:
I just worry that people will create a village that's fantastic and awesome, then some dope will come around and put up shops that block all the doors and crap up the whole thing.
Yeah, I'm trying to think of a way to give admins the ability to delete all of a certain player's props, but I can't think of how a script like that would work. But all the props will be destructible anyway, so there won't be any permanent blocking.

Got an idea. Make some special areas for buidings. For example: There is an X area where buildings can spawn if the player is nearby or the Y wall can spawn only on Z place. If the player is too far then he will get a warning. It's the easiest way to get it to work. Also, please for the love of God, make sure everything won't turn in a fantastic bull**** city.
I think that would take away a lot of freedom from the players, and I really want people to feel like they can do anything. However, buildings will cost A LOT of resources, and the player will need to be close to the building to spawn it and move it around.

It will be cool cos eventually one main hub will sprout and then there will be some authority sprouting, this will be the most awesome game ever.

Aye, I wish I could help, but clearly this is not the mod for scene builders, and Shredz is infinitely better at everything else.
Unless, I kill him, and take over production of the mod.

Actually, when this thing is released, I think I could build some nice environments to play in.

I can't do anything major right now since my desktop's motherboard died for no reason and my laptop is so bad that it might actually be more productive to not have a computer at all, but here's a pocket-sized version of the Colt Dragoon.

coltdragoonsrender1.jpg

The small version will have worse accuracy and damage, but will be concealable. Perfect for both sneaky criminals and civilians who don't want to be taken advantage of. :razz:

Shredzorz said:
Finished a Sharps rifle today. I think it turned out a lot better than the Winchester.

sharpsriflerender1.jpg

sharpsriflerender2.jpg

And don't say anything about the lack of sights. I left them out because they would add a massive amount and polygons and it's not like the player can use them anyway.

Load of awesomeness.

Fantastic models. I can haz?  :mrgreen:

Shredzorz said:
And here's some abstract bull**** city that BattleOfValmy and I made with the building spawning menu script thingy I made and some Native buildings:

mb291746526.jpg

mb311764654.jpg

mb301754123.jpg

mb371832662.jpg

mb7b.jpg

mb10s.jpg

lololololol TREEHOUSE!

Finished a Colt Single Action Army.

coltsingleactionarmyren.jpg

coltsingleactionarmyren.jpg

I'll be getting my desktop fixed in a couple days and then I can show all of you the building and buying menus, along with screenshots of all these weapons in-game. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom