War, peace and alliance system

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, Congratulations on the mod. I love it! :smile:

I'd like to know, what kind of logic this system uses, because, I can't believe, that I beat the French Empire half-dead, and a few days later, my faction joins them(Austria btw.)!
The other funny thing was, when Great Britain joined them... I think It needs some correction :smile:

Some factions are excluded from joining the coalition / French side. Other factions have 5% chance to join coalition/French side every week.

If you got some ideas to improve this, tell me!

Yes, I have a suggestion. You see, in almost every game I play as Bavarian, Württemberg (and Nassau too) joins the Coalition. But historically, they joined France in the Rhine Confederation, which was about logically because they had much to lose and little to gain if they sided against France then. Maybe you can increase the chance that these states (or just Württemberg, which is between France and Bavaria anyway) join France instead of the Coalition.

Another thing I noticed was that Brittain can leave and enter the Coalition at will, and even sometimes joins France. In version 1, Brittain just never left the Coalition (as France's initial allies never could leave France too), and that seemed logical to me too. Also, in my current save-game, Bavaria is allied with France, but when a faction joins France, Bavaria declares war on it at once (as if it is part of the Coalition); Currently, Bavaria is at war with almost everyone (except France and the Batavian Republic (which, by the way, are badass conquerers compared to France, LOL)). For example.

Just some ideas...

Yes, I have a suggestion. You see, in almost every game I play as Bavarian, Württemberg (and Nassau too) joins the Coalition. But historically, they joined France in the Rhine Confederation, which was about logically because they had much to lose and little to gain if they sided against France then. Maybe you can increase the chance that these states (or just Württemberg, which is between France and Bavaria anyway) join France instead of the Coalition.
Can you make a list of countries which have an increased chance to join the Coalition or the French side? For example:

FRENCH SIDE
- Bavaria, 10%
- Wurttemberg 5%

Another thing I noticed was that Brittain can leave and enter the Coalition at will, and even sometimes joins France. In version 1, Brittain just never left the Coalition (as France's initial allies never could leave France too), and that seemed logical to me too. Also, in my current save-game, Bavaria is allied with France, but when a faction joins France, Bavaria declares war on it at once (as if it is part of the Coalition); Currently, Bavaria is at war with almost everyone (except France and the Batavian Republic (which, by the way, are badass conquerers compared to France, LOL)). For example.
Great Britain never may leave the Coalition, and NEVER join the French side!!
Can you check the relations between Bavaria and other countries in menu 'Factions'?

Britain joins france. I also had this.

I think, this join and leave, should be related more on the events. I mean, if I beat the whole french army and capture two forts, why would my faction join them? We should've pursue our advantage and drown the young empire. :smile:

I'm playing the first version and Spain as left the confederation to join the coalition. If it was 1808 it would be quite realistic  :mrgreen:

Sorry for double posting, but I have an idea:

I think there should be a "core" of the coalition. Factions, who never leave it. Like Britain and Austria. There are the French vasals, like Batavian Rep. and Italy. I think you may could do something with the german states, like Würtemberg, Bavaria, Saxony, Hessen. Like they could switch side, related to the events.(When the coalition beats france, they leave, or when France beats others, they stay.) Other countries would be free to go.

A new bandit-type thing could be the Spanish Guerillas(in Spain) They could fight against French, Spanish or anyone else.

I don't know, how much is possible to make from these ideas, but i could make the mod more accurate. :smile:

In my game Spain joined the coalition and then rejoined France, The Papal States have also took part in the coalition. Its all a little bit crazy.

I think this system would be very good with some kind of order. Currently it makes the game chaotic. I don't even know, who the enemy is. In factions menu, we are at war with half of europe, but some lords said, that we are not at war anymore and that's great. lol. This came, when I wanted to annex italy....

In my game Italy is almost destroyed, Austria has captured their last fort (they only have Bologna and Milano left) and then Austria joined the confederation  :lol:

SirAlbert said:
In my game Italy is almost destroyed, Austria has captured their last fort (they only have Bologna and Milano left) and then Austria joined the confederation  :lol:

I captured Ravenna, Cremona and Varese, and then we joined france.... :smile:

I would very much like if the alliancies are somewhat more solid. I think, maybe you can decrease the chance of a faction joining another side if that faction is already on one side? So that neutral factions will choose a side faster than factions with france and the coalition.
Or: Neutral factions get the 5% chance every week, and factions within the coalition and factions allied with france get the 5% chance every 2 or 3 weeks?

Captured Joe said:
I would very much like if the alliancies are somewhat more solid. I think, maybe you can decrease the chance of a faction joining another side if that faction is already on one side? So that neutral factions will choose a side faster than factions with france and the coalition.
Or: Neutral factions get the 5% chance every week, and factions within the coalition and factions allied with france get the 5% chance every 2 or 3 weeks?

Or Monthly?

Back
Top Bottom