Viking Conquest - First Army (TheGreaterBulgaria) [NA / Looking for EU Leader!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can hear from thousands of people again that I allegedly took my name from Vikings serie.*sigh*  If we have luck, the VC will soon not be interesting for NW regiments anymore,who are acting like this one.

hrotha said:
I think the real question here is how many Ragnars and Rollos and Lagerthas will be allowed per server.

Oh god not again, it will be like all the napoleons and nelsons etc when NW came out...
+ names will probably be Thor, Loki and Odin >_>

BlazingPhoenix said:
Oh god not again, it will be like all the napoleons and nelsons etc when NW came out...
+ names will probably be Thor, Loki and Odin >_>
We had a Lord Loki Ragnarok once, I'm morbidly curious to see if anyone will manage to outdo that in VC.

RagnarGerman said:
And I can hear from thousands of people again that I allegedly took my name from Vikings serie.*sigh*  If we have luck, the VC will soon not be interesting for NW regiments anymore,who are acting like this one.
I think we need to welcome the NW community actually.
Then we need to convert them. :razz:

Rallix said:
RagnarGerman said:
Some Regiments no doubt will play Viking Conquest as well as NW, but I don't think you can convert the NW community NW and MM have been around for way too long to move over to a brand new DLC.

MaccaUK said:
Rallix said:
RagnarGerman said:
Some Regiments no doubt will play Viking Conquest as well as NW, but I don't think you can convert the NW community NW and MM have been around for way too long to move over to a brand new DLC.

There won't need to be a conversion. What I see might happen, and what I will do myself as a member of an NW regiment, is attempt to bring in 1 event a week for us on Viking Conquest. We will still then have all our other NW events and will still essentially be an NW regiment. This way, we retain the module we have always loved, and get to try out a new area without completing committing to it, I'm also hoping that with the help of Taleworld community members, I could maybe sort an event out for Viking Conquest.

Greetings!

Over at Napoleonic Wars I've been running 200 man Linebattles every Friday for three years now.  At one point I was juggling two 200 man events for about three months. 

Ideally, when Bannerlords comes out, I was envisioning running another large Event each week, much like NW.

I wouldn't enforce lines so much as I'd enforce individual clans/groups/regiments to stick together, no rambos, etc.  So a clan would be able to run off and do what it wanted in terms of maneuvering and positioning.  Pretty much like when I set up the Sunday North American Gladius Event that ran for three months before I handed it off.  (Great mod that almost immediately died off due to poorly released, balance crushing, complicated patches, then died a slow, painful death that lingered forever.)  All these Gladius/NW linebattles are over on Youtube, just search "00th"

Ideally, I'd allow each side to have one regiment go horse/archers/ etc.  Allow a maximum # if cav, archers etc.  So, like, each side averages 175 soldiers, 15 cav 10 archers

First side to reach two victories wins the map, then switch to a new map.  Event lasts one hour twenty minutes. 

Probably very much like a standard shield wall event I guess?  I'm not familiar with their rules.

An event is what you make of it.  I've seen some people here state "Please don't let the Viking Conquest Events wind up like NW linebattles".  Well, I mean, how else would it go?  Instead of lines you'd have mobs.  Other than that, I don't see how you can really mix it up without in-game modes like Conquest or Capture the Flag. 

Of course you could put in some effort to really get creative.  I used to have a mode I called "Flag Wars" where each side would have a regiment be the "Command Regiment" and they would have a flag.  Then all the other regiments would have to orbit around that Regiment and protect it.  One time I had both sides line up across from each other then everyone fired.

It was fun, but that kind of organization takes time, and a lot of attending regiments have to be on top of their **** in terms of having a group of people that will follow orders and not **** the whole event up.  You need regular attending regiments to make it go as smooth as possible.  You need an Admin who is going to be fun enough to be able to do this kind of thing, but on the other hand tactful enough to realize you can't kick every person who calls the Admin a ******, or take it personally when 20 angry kids are ranting because you just changed the map for the 5th time because it was too hilly.  You would have to explain the rules each week because half of the kids attending didn't bother to read the tomb of rules on the forum, much less know where the forum is.  The events that last a long time are run by people who work behind the scenes more than in-game.

If Viking Conquest takes off like Napoleonic Wars did I don't see why large events wouldn't spring up.  I personally wait about three weeks to see if a game really sticks before I commit to it though.  Running an event takes a lot of your time initially, and establishing a good reputation for consistency takes months.  If a mod/game is still going strong a month into it's release, then I consider making an event for it.

I personally don't think you'd have a problem getting NW regiments to join in the fun, if it IS fun.  At this point, we regiment leaders are just looking for events to attend that will allow us to keep our regiment members together and having a good time.

That said, if you're really set on having an event "Not run like a NW Linebattle", then step up to the plate and batter up!!  It's a thankless job that sucks up all your time, with no pay, no women, and you can't put it on your resume'.

Good luck to your regiment btw!  :mrgreen:

Thundersnow, you're awesome  :smile:
3 years now, that's a long time event congratz on that! I attended your event once throughout my regimental career. It was nice, sensible and double lines IIRC.

I hope Viking Conquest kicks off well and is received positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom