Viking Conquest - First Army (TheGreaterBulgaria) [NA / Looking for EU Leader!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you actually play native in the competive scene, you will find out that those don't work. ( didn't mean for it to sound mean btw)

The point of playing in a linebattle/shieldbattle (Or whatever term people use when you replace sharp shooty spears with pieces of wood) is to have fun, not do what works. If you put 100vs100 and said basically 'no rules', I would wager a larger majority would have not that much fun.

I should clarify "do what works" means what the accepted norm for competitive play is.

Amaranth the Druid said:
gentlemen we must make Viking Conquest clans faster to make sure this does not end up as NW **** linebattles.

please please please dont let it turn into line battles

Oh don't worry, clans have already been in the making for weeks, this isn't the "first one" like lollyguy is saying, e.g Im Co leading a saxon clan that has been set up 2/3 weeks ago for the coming of VC.

Also why is linebattles seen negatively, I personally do not like NW anyway, muskets and all. But a form of organised format has successfully existed in many mods in general for years and in many Native events aswell, yes when the lines break up it turns into a moshpit but the structural format is there, whether its Napoleonic type of mods, viking types or roman types. It just seems people are generally against the use of proper ranks even though its found constantly that people prefer using ranks ingame keeps a orderly clan structure and to use some form of "tactics" makes it more fun for them.  :???:

BlazingPhoenix said:
Lollyguy7 said:
hrotha said:
Those ranks seem to be pretty widespread in gaming sites and the like, and they all seem to be repeating and perpetuating the same mistakes made by someone down the line. Himthiki, for example, or rather himþiki, is a runic spelling of heimþegi.

But the ranks don't make any sense regardless.

I of course did not spent time looking up, what are you doing here anyways just come to annoy people? Yes i spent time looking up the ranks are real Bulgarian viking ranks idiot.

Lollyguy7 said:
You all have no idea what the real viking ranks are... these are REAL Bulgarian Viking Ranks. You see, the greater BULGARIA not the greater whatever the ****... So we use real Bulgarian viking ranks. You may not know them but they are real.

I think the fact that people are here to help you here more then hinder you and you respond like this, lets avoid a argument. At the end of the day, im not going to impose that you spent time looking at the ranks or not, but the point is clear, putting mercenary above the elite bodyguard rank of houscarl and using half English and half Norse ranks doesn't make sense and what has been stated by many that the thought of new recruits liking the idea and the idea even existing of having a rank named "slave", is well, stupid.

Nobody is here to help me or support me. no one said good luck or anything like that. Everyone just wants to make u feel bad and try to make u think that this is not gonna work.

Lollyguy7 said:
Nobody is here to help me or support me. no one said good luck or anything like that. Everyone just wants to make u feel bad and try to make u think that this is not gonna work.

On the contrary, I think the fact that I PMed you telling you that some of the ranks may not go down well and suggested you changed one or two before the public started commenting, and you didn't follow this request. I wouldn't of bothered PMing you if I wasn't trying to  "help or support you".
You were then greeted by the public's view about some of the ranks being foolish and the use of the slave rank being weird. In my personal opinion I couldn't give a **** if they were historical or not, its a fact that the use of the "slave" rank will displease people and yet you wouldn't accept a replacement.

You also made things worse, by calling one of the notably knowledgeable people on this forum about this topic, Hrotha, a idiot... So in a sense you brought this on yourself. I even commented saying this needs to be stopped before it could go out of hand 2 pages back, but yet again no response. So if your going to use the argument about us not supporting you then well your a fool, and made the situation worse by slagging some of the higher well known members of this community off and not accepting anyone's knowledge or opinion on the matter,
Bravo to you Sir.

DrTaco said:
The point of playing in a linebattle/shieldbattle (Or whatever term people use when you replace sharp shooty spears with pieces of wood) is to have fun, not do what works. If you put 100vs100 and said basically 'no rules', I would wager a larger majority would have not that much fun.

I should clarify "do what works" means what the accepted norm for competitive play is.

There are rules but when I said no boring rules I meant like stupid rules that don't matter but yet there their and they make the event boring or a bunch of bull ****. And like I just said it because most people when they go into native or stuff like native there like oh shield wall is a perfect thing to do then they get rekt. And I agree having fun is mainly the point but rekting people is fun.

Dansk viking said:
Check the Víkingr Shieldwall Events for example

The rules are simple enough, keep to the shieldwall, don't flank (individuals/groups can't break off from the shieldwall to go around the enemy formation until the end of the engagement), etc.

No offense but that the stuff that's I meant, boring rules.

WinniedaPooh said:
Dansk viking said:

The rules are simple enough, keep to the shieldwall, don't flank (individuals/groups can't break off from the shieldwall to go around the enemy formation until the end of the engagement), etc.

Deary me, are you an anarchist? Believe me, that one simple rule - no flanking - makes the SBs tenfold as enjoyable for rest of the crowd. The battles last longer, skill and experience are of greater importance, you get a valid reason to kick degenerates, and perhaps most importantly: the battle looks a lot more the way it should - like an actual shield wall.

Shemaforash said:
Lol that genuinely looks like ass
lolololo no u

Shieldwalls are cool ecc but having something a bit more 'fluid' and 'fast paced' would not be bad, and this rule of no flaking is pretty lame. ( but i guess in big events with 200 players, having some rules to control them is imperative). Said this i played with my old Einherjar pals some Vikingr events and i had fun, but i guess that a playstyle like that cannot be applied to an everyday public server where people just wants to kill and have fun without thinking too much about ranks and stuff like that.

About Vikingr community i can say i see no difference with the native one, same old geezers complaining about everything and *****ing at each others constantly...

Btw Trumwine is ready to comeback. be careful Leifr Eiríksson a free slave is a dangerous one  :!:

Orchid said:
WinniedaPooh said:
Dansk viking said:

Deary me, are you an anarchist? Believe me, that one simple rule - no flanking - makes the SBs tenfold as enjoyable for rest of the crowd. The battles last longer, skill and experience are of greater importance, you get a valid reason to kick degenerates, and perhaps most importantly: the battle looks a lot more the way it should - like an actual shield wall.
The word skill in a 200player  battle... :lol:

TurambarMakart said:
Shieldwalls are cool ecc but having something a bit more 'fluid' and 'fast paced' would not be bad, and this rule of no flaking is pretty lame. ( but i guess in big events with 200 players, having some rules to control them is imperative). Said this i played with my old Einherjar pals some Vikingr events and i had fun, but i guess that a playstyle like that cannot be applied to an everyday public server where people just wants to kill and have fun without thinking too much about ranks and stuff like that.

About Vikingr community i can say i see no difference with the native one, same old geezers complaining about everything and *****ing at each others constantly...

Btw Trumwine is ready to comeback. be careful Leifr Eiríksson a free slave is a dangerous one

I agree with what you mean, and this is no offence intended but that fact that VC will be a DLC and not another mod like Vikingr will bring more strict, discipline groups into the events. I've encountered several highly discipline clans in my time playing NW how do you know that it will be different with this DLC?

Anyway why have we gone off topic about how shield battle events are from the weirdness and discontent of the ranks this guy's "clan" uses.  :lol:

The no flanking rule is there to make something resembling shieldwall warfare possible within the limitations of the Warband engine. As a houserule, it only applies to shieldwall events, and there are other events where you can flank to your heart's content. I imagine it'll be similar with Viking Conquest.

hrotha said:
The no flanking rule is there to make something resembling shieldwall warfare possible within the limitations of the Warband engine. As a houserule, it only applies to shieldwall events, and there are other events where you can flank to your heart's content. I imagine it'll be similar with Viking Conquest.

Sounds good I don't mind either type of events.
I just want to see more clans popping up to have these events, as the only clans I know of so far for VC
is this "clan" and the one im in  :lol:

Amaranth the Druid said:
gentlemen we must make Viking Conquest clans faster to make sure this does not end up as NW **** linebattles.

please please please dont let it turn into line battles

+1 omg.

Why do line battle ? This is completely stupid. as I say on my previous post, girls in sashes with their rifles, it not in a viking mod.
The vikings was **** to do lines according you?
No I think not, it was a barbarian! the most used and the most well-known strategy among the vikings, was the pyramid, or the purpose was to go into enemy lines and divided the ennemy troops, because they was better in individual skillz, so why do lines ?
Watch the video above, from 3 minutes to 4 minutes. guys they are hit, he y ' has one it takes several kicks, not move it. Normal.  WTF ?!? it's that be Viking ?
A viking real would have mit it a shot of shield in his Head, and would have broken it the skull later!
honestly, let's the Native style, which is much more suited for this Mod.

PS : i dont Mind of his rank, but dont take NW Playstyle for battle & Competitive battle.
Oh, and Yes, why not do Big, big lane, with 200 players, But we call that " an event" like native, once in a while, its perhaps cool, not all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom