Viking Conquest 2.063

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi! Is there any particular reason why the code that assigns the "Ladies' man" special trait is commented? The trait doesn't seem to work anymore. Here's the code:
# (try_begin),
# (eq, "$special1", 0),
# (assign, ":lover", 0),
# (try_for_range, ":npc", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
# (troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_lover, "trp_player"),
# (val_add, ":lover", 1),
# (try_end),
# (ge,":lover", 5),
# (assign, "$special1", 2),
# (try_end),

vc_2063.png

Viking Conquest 2.063 is live! Server admins and modders can access the latest files on our website here.

PATCH NOTES (2.063)
  • Restore some story NPC heights
  • Another attempt to init tourney practice right
  • Keep those killed in the holmgang dead
  • Make adventurers default faction for lords of defeated factions released from prison to avoid backdoor to zombie kingdoms
  • Include non-companion lords in appropriate adventurer behavior
  • Have script_change_troop_faction handle non-kingdom faction properly
  • Use a defection process to place adventurer lords of defeated factions in new factions
  • Distinguish unconfirmed defectors to player and limit their spawn in the player's court
  • Defecting lords yield intel on their old faction when accepted by the player
  • Defecting lords do not defect immediately when rejected by player at the player's court
  • Add a tracker for the last faction to properly distinguish that from the original faction
  • For initiating defections, use the same function that counts disgruntled lords
  • Make liege relation more of a consideration for defection
  • Prohibit defections to factions from which lord will immediately defect
  • Lords that have nowhere to defect are removed from the game
  • Use script_indict_lord_for_treason for quest incriminate loyal commander
  • Redo caravan design to raise the cap to a level appropriate for when only two factions left
  • Prevent escaped defeated faction lords from forming parties until recruited into a new kingdom
  • Balance relation impacts of enfoefment
  • Corrections in Spanish and German localization files
Good Job team, please keep it up.

It's seems like the court, own kingdom, does not work as intended, when it comes to new vassals. The log message claims, that a certain lord have been exiled, and have joined my kingdom, but he does not appaer in my court. Even had 3 exiled lords apply to my kingdom, but they don't show up. Sometimes, when entering the court multiple times, then I can make one of them appear. I can also decline a lord multiple times, because even when I deny their application to my kingdom, they keep showing up on the same day, when entering/exit court. Often they also leave their wifes hanging out in court, even when I have denied their lord (more ladies for me, but it seems like these wifes take up a court spot). So far I have not seen applying lords stack up in my court, only 1 at a time, if any at all, even though I know they should be there.

Last edited:
Hi! Is there any particular reason why the code that assigns the "Ladies' man" special trait is commented? The trait doesn't seem to work anymore. Here's the code:
# (try_begin),
# (eq, "$special1", 0),
# (try_end),
# (try_end),
Thank you Hersir.
It is under investigation.

It's seems like the court, own kingdom, does not work as intended, when it comes to new vassals. The log message claims, that a certain lord have been exiled, and have joined my kingdom, but he does not appaer in my court. Even had 3 exiled lords apply to my kingdom, but they don't show up. Sometimes, when entering the court multiple times, then I can make one of them appear. I can also decline a lord multiple times, because even when I deny their application to my kingdom, they keep showing up on the same day, when entering/exit court. Often they also leave their wifes hanging out in court, even when I have denied their lord (more ladies for me, but it seems like these wifes take up a court spot). So far I have not seen applying lords stack up in my court, only 1 at a time, if any at all, even though I know they should be there.
Hi Saltefanden,
Some parts are a design decision. Let me come back with the full explanation with all the details next week.

# (try_begin),
# (eq, "$special1", 0),
# (try_end),
# (try_end),
Hi again!
After check the history, It was decided to be disabled after some player's reports.
Thank you for your reports :grin:

Hi Saltefanden,
Some parts are a design decision. Let me come back with the full explanation with all the details next week.
I can add the following:
  • When a lord defects and "join" your kingdom, they actually join a queue of defecting lords waiting to be accepted.
  • These lords will appear on your court when the proper time has passed and the list is updated (there is some delay). Then, a random lord is chosen to appear.
  • The possibility to reject an already rejected lord was decided to allow those players that change their mind and want to accept them the second(ish) time.
  • Ladies go with their lords and are updated at the same time.

I can add the following:
  • When a lord defects and "join" your kingdom, they actually join a queue of defecting lords waiting to be accepted.
  • These lords will appear on your court when the proper time has passed and the list is updated (there is some delay). Then, a random lord is chosen to appear.
  • The possibility to reject an already rejected lord was decided to allow those players that change their mind and want to accept them the second(ish) time.
  • Ladies go with their lords and are updated at the same time.
Next ( definitive ) bug fix patch " ( very ) soon " when?
Waiting for that, to play, again.
Raring to go !

Last edited:
Hi Ningauble,
We will definetly launch a new patch but We have no plans to change that design.
Cheers.
No, sorry, it might have been misleading. Whatever the design re Defections it's cool.
Just that this recent patch out of the blue has rekindled my old VC flame, but I very sensibly wish to wait until the coast is clear re new ( and old ) bugs, so hanging out daily for your " ( very ) soon " patch ........

( I mean, BL has totally thrown just about everybody by now .......... but there is still VC )

Last edited:
I really wish you guys would add different versions in Steam so I can roll back to a previous one to avoid the error codes (script error opcode 520) that just pour over my screen mercilessly. Also, thank you for the continuous updates and fixes, this game is really something special.

Would be awesome if you guys would make a more in depth and user friendly relations system between the kingdoms that could extend to trading and culture/religious exchanges to create stability and strengthen alliances. Also, I really wish to marry those king's daughters, or even marry a freaking king (as a female)!

Last edited:
I really wish you guys would add different versions in Steam so I can roll back to a previous one to avoid the error codes (script error opcode 520) that just pour over my screen mercilessly. Also, thank you for the continuous updates and fixes, this game is really something special.

Would be awesome if you guys would make a more in depth and user friendly relations system between the kingdoms that could extend to trading and culture/religious exchanges to create stability and strengthen alliances. Also, I really wish to marry those king's daughters, or even marry a freaking king (as a female)!
Hi seularts,
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, We are close to new functionality or depth changes.
Regarding the patch, We are working to launch it ASAP.

Hi seularts,
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, We are close to new functionality or depth changes.
Regarding the patch, We are working to launch it ASAP.

Sweet, because I do wish to Stream a cool new adventure in Story mode and maybe bring you guys some new fans ^_^

Stay awesome. Cheers!

Last edited:
Easter?
Please.

Mar 15 They are both fixed and will be ready for you all (very) soon ......
Mar 26 We are working to launch it ASAP ......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom