Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 - 1.154

Users who are viewing this thread

pecores_stan said:
Maybe allow the servers to disable crouch automatiquely ?

Yes, they can disable it, but I was thinking more on those that wanna use it, I've been testing and its fun and ninja to hide on bushes and use xbows and bows  :mrgreen:
Plus, using pikes while crouched it kinda epic.

Ragnor said:
Merlkir said:
*sigh*

I wish we heard from Armagan again. Or anything about MnB 2. It's just been so long, I feel really disconnected from the franchise.

Merlkir, i resent that! Aren't i enough for you guys?  :sad:

Aww, of course it's not like that! :wink:

I guess I was just used to the regular Armagan posts with each update. Long gone are the days of devs in funny pyjamas with legs on their desk.

Thinking about it, you don't spill any insider information either!

When M&B2 rlsed lololol?!!!!1111111111

:mrgreen: :twisted:

Maynd said:
pecores_stan said:
Maybe allow the servers to disable crouch automatiquely ?

Yes, they can disable it, but I was thinking more on those that wanna use it, I've been testing and its fun and ninja to hide on bushes and use xbows and bows  :mrgreen:

Yep indeed. Then you must force the servers to use it. Otherwise would not be fair.  :mrgreen:

Is there any reason not to use it? I don't really understand why the option to disable it is even there.
Also, why does my character stretch out his arms when in the process of crouching?

Ringwraith #5 said:
Is there any reason not to use it? I don't really understand why the option to disable it is even there.
Also, why does my character stretch out his arms when in the process of crouching?

Well there will probably be a lot of guys who will be against for no reason. But I agree with you. Rigging problems maybe. I'm not really familiar with it so I can't help.

Well, i don't work on the patch so i don't know which bugs they work on right now. Just time to time i go the bug them about the bugs i saw from your posts :smile:. But i see that you have already submit that bug so i'm sure our guys are working on it.

Armagan is too busy these days guys. He works at least twice as much as anyone at the office, so just give him a break. I'm sure he'll return with his funny pyjamas :smile:.

And now if you excuse me i have to implement a very cool new feature to the game.  :cool:

Keep those bug reports coming guys, i only saw 3 reports since i posted about it. Come guys, help us to make it good again!  :smile:.

The solution to the Z problem is to change ' can_crouch = 0 ' to ' can_crouch = 1 ' in the modules.ini file which can be located in mountblade warband\Modules\Native. If you can't find ' can_crouch = 0 ' in your modules.ini file like I couldn't then you need to tell steam to verify integrity of game cache under propeties and it will redownload some files.

Once you have set ' can_crouch = 1 ' save the ini file and open the game and in the control options you'll see that crouch is bound to Z. Rebind it to a key you dont use and bind whatever you wanted to Z. Close the game and change ' can_crouch = 1 ' back to ' can_crouch = 0 ' save the ini file and you are done.

gopat said:
For some reason these patched made Warband perform worse for me  :sad:

Gopat, first of all try to make a clean install.
If the problem persists try to start from bottom specs to higher specs
Start with DirectX7 with every setting on minimum and start raising them slowly until you get those performance issues, if you do this you might be able to understand whats wrong and decreasing your performance.

Maynd said:
Every single weapon becomes "throwable"?  :lol: Sometimes If fell like throwing swords at peoples faces!
Shield bash?
I think it should be the ability to shoot swords out of a siege crossbow.

YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:
Sounds is still broken for me. It plays certain sounds too loud, others not at all and directional sound is completely gone.

Bit disappointed at this. With Sword and Fire was a horrible mod and now Warband is broken to peddle yet another mod. I will buy Napoleonic Wars but I hope it's worth it otherwise I just won't buy any more Taleworlds games.

How was with fire & sword horrible?

To be honest, I really wish the game never works for you again. Bloody moaners.

By being inferior to M&B:W even though it was released after that. I'd compare it to the horrible fonts you're using in your signature; out of focus, boring and too much flash not enough substance to justify the time spent on it.

To answer your fanboy (housewife) rage: this is not a game review website and I don't care much for discussion on fora. I wanted to let Taleworlds know I don't like the way they release an inferior product (WSAF) then break an existing paid product (M&B:W) so they can peddle me more potentially inferior products (They didn't really raise the bar with M&B:W endgame and WSAF so I'm not convinced NW will be a good product but I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Want my opinion on the game? Go read metacritic. Now bugger off.

About the archer problem!! I've changed use_crossbow_as_firearm = 0 to 1 in module.ini and crossbowmen started shooting again. But reloading animation became weird (because they were actually trying to load firearms  :lol: ). Another thing is that after 3 sorties, all 10 xbowmen couldn't hit anyone. I don't know if it's because changing that entry in module.ini caused instability or they really missed all 3 sorties from 30 yards away from the enemy; but my own crossbow can still deal damage. Only problem is the weird loading animation.

One more thing, when you enable crouching, the key setting for it in the options menu goes like "NoString_player_can_couch Z" It's simply a translation error and not much of a deal.

And also my crossbowmen always crouch, I don't know if it's a bug or crouching makes aiming more accurate. I don't want to make false accusations so I'll just wait for changelogs.

Edit: GOOD NEWS! Changing  use_crossbow_as_firearm back to 0 solved the crossbowmen problem. They are shooting like hell and they look so cool shooting while crouching. Confirmed that damage is dealt and everything's working smooth.

venomousraptor said:
YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:
Sounds is still broken for me. It plays certain sounds too loud, others not at all and directional sound is completely gone.

Bit disappointed at this. With Sword and Fire was a horrible mod and now Warband is broken to peddle yet another mod. I will buy Napoleonic Wars but I hope it's worth it otherwise I just won't buy any more Taleworlds games.

By being inferior to M&B:W even though it was released after that. I'd compare it to the horrible fonts you're using in your signature; out of focus, boring and too much flash not enough substance to justify the time spent on it.

To answer your fanboy (housewife) rage: this is not a game review website and I don't care much for discussion on fora. I wanted to let Taleworlds know I don't like the way they release an inferior product (WSAF) then break an existing paid product (M&B:W) so they can peddle me more potentially inferior products (They didn't really raise the bar with M&B:W endgame and WSAF so I'm not convinced NW will be a good product but I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Want my opinion on the game? Go read metacritic. Now bugger off.

Oh yes, tell it how it is, wise man. You are a rude idiot. Now bugger off.

venomousraptor said:
YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:

As I've said on plenty occasions. No real arguments. :smile:

Name me one thing in it inferior to M&B, aside from the few content cuts I've named before, and that in wfas you are unable to have a wedding, which kinda sucks, but is easy to look past.

The battles alone work eons, and I mean eons better. You can't mindlessly charge and cut down 50 units in a row anymore, the units actually behaved realistically, and leave space between each other, in contrast to regular cluster****s that happen in Warband. The units have been balanced very well, cavalry is no longer unstoppable, formations have been added, ability to make a wagon fort...Hell, even tactics to a certain point, among other things.

out of focus, boring and too much flash not enough substance to justify the time spent on it.

LOLWUT I absolutely can't see where did you get this from? I bolded this because your statement is downright ironical. This is exactly what wfas steered away from. The battles have been dramatically improved, trading has improved and has become meaningful, sieges received new layers of depth, fief management received new features etc.

I think I have proven my point there.

As for my signatures...well, you are insulting the designers here, not me. I have those signatures to help promote the mods, and to show that I'm a fan. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom