Version 0.750 Edit Mode Tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

is there any way to use the edit mode to change the look of NPCs and have them stay changed? When I go into the face morphing screen with NPCs and make changes and then exit and try with a new character my changes don't seem to stick?

Example: If I enable edit mode, then go in an make Marnid blonde, then I exit the program, start up a new character and then go see Marnid, he is back to his usual dark haired self.

Am I missing something?

dolfanar said:
is there any way to use the edit mode to change the look of NPCs and have them stay changed? When I go into the face morphing screen with NPCs and make changes and then exit and try with a new character my changes don't seem to stick?

Example: If I enable edit mode, then go in an make Marnid blonde, then I exit the program, start up a new character and then go see Marnid, he is back to his usual dark haired self.

Am I missing something?

Anyone?

the NPCs faces are actually set in the troops table for the module. I dont know if you want to edit their faces via the UE or python but that would be how you go about doing it. You get a face code and then plug it in to the right place.

dolfanar said:
is there any way to use the edit mode to change the look of NPC's and have them stay changed? When I go into the face morphing screen with NPC's and make changes and then exit and try with a new character my changes don't seem to stick?

Am I missing something?

With edit mode enabled, go to your character window and press "next"(or previous) to toggle between existing NPC's. Then, when you've found Marnid, edit his face... then the changes will stay.

Seff said:
dolfanar said:
is there any way to use the edit mode to change the look of NPC's and have them stay changed? When I go into the face morphing screen with NPC's and make changes and then exit and try with a new character my changes don't seem to stick?

Am I missing something?

With edit mode enabled, go to your character window and press "next"(or previous) to toggle between existing NPC's. Then, when you've found Marnid, edit his face... then the changes will stay.

They stay for that game/save. but what if i want the chagne to stay for ALL games in the future (IE a mod). Whenever i try the change reverts back to default for any new game i start. The only way to make a lasting change appears to be in the unoficial editor (and that isn't the most user friendly method of face editing... :sad:

could we PLEASE get somone to post or link to the commands for the ingame editor, is that too much to ask

Just select configure -> start windowed then advanced options -> edit mode and press ctrl-e ingame... and stop reviving 3 year-old threads

hi,

how do i can use this mod editor, i cant find a link anywhere to download/ or whatever i have to do to make it work

Ok so in edit mode you basically make maps. But how would one go about making the map saving it as a new file and then loading on to their server for play?

CHECK LAST POST DATE

Just FYI the game is in V 1.154 now, not V .750

Back
Top Bottom