US_GK_Siege Server

Users who are viewing this thread

You're doing the community a service, and there's nothing wrong with reminding people this, imo.

Vendigr said:
Thanks for reminding people -- I've been putting off PBS fun drive mode for as long as I can, but I will be asking around pretty soon because the deadline is in 3 days  :sad:

Well, I'm very pleased to announce that we've actually ended our fun drive three days early :!:

I really appreciate people's willingness to help by putting their resources towards a community they think is worth supporting... not to mention encouraging others to do the same. The server will remain open for anyone to enjoy, and its great to see some people stepping in to make sure it stays that way for everyone else  :grin:

Great news indeed. I wouldn't know where to go for as my default Native fun without this server.

I'd probably just stop playing native... which is the only video game I've spent more than 1 week playing for like 2 years  :razz:

But I'm sad that any game with swords now seems pathetically boring if you can't manual block or choose your attack direction  :cry:

Vendigr said:
I'd probably just stop playing native... which is the only video game I've spent more than 1 week playing for like 2 years  :razz:

But I'm sad that any game with swords now seems pathetically boring if you can't manual block or choose your attack direction  :cry:
I know exactly what you mean, dude. Warband totally spoiled your taste. I can't play an MMO and not be bored out of my mind with the combat system. Chilvary doesn't do it either. Not even WotR, which has similar combat, but I just can't put my finger on what is missing.

I dunno how exactly, but taleworlds came up with an amazing engine proof of concept for an idea a lot people have tried to create in other games without fully succeeding*. Its a really flexible system that imo has a ton of potential for more sophistication, with simple ways to exponentially increase the "skill ceiling" which is already too high for some players. I am desperately hoping taleworlds takes a very proactive approach in reaching out for player feedback for MB2... As long as they pay very close attention to what worked and what didn't in Warband, they can make a great revision of their engine without blindly groping their way through the design elements from scratch (which is what I think those other games were trying to do, but I wouldn't know since I haven't played either). The only reason I'm optimistic for now is because Taleworlds is the most experienced company in the universe (for the time being) at making this kind of game.* As long as they stick to smooth but solid and crisp combat with reasonable and readable animations, bannerlord should be amazing... with strafing horses too

They should also pay very close attention to the success of various WB mods, especially the ones that add really obvious and simple features that are game changing. All they would even have to do is re-skin and polish up one of many existing mods and I'd be happy with it as a new Mount&blade game. wait.. that sounds familiar...

*AFAIK, but I'm sure there are probably some games I don't know about which used a similar concept that predate MB (id like to hear about them too)

You guys should check out Clang the video game. If your looking for some new sword play concepts. The game isnt released yet but it looks extremely promising

I've heard of it, I keep forgetting about it but I will definitely check it out again soon... also...

I want to announce that GK siege will be testing an alternative server host for the next day or so. Please let us know if its better, worse, or the same, and how the server runs.

Server was not good.  :cry:

At the poing I was on, everyone had 100+ ping.  Around 9pm CST last night.  Mine was 110, before it was 50.  :neutral:

Weird, we started the new server around 10 PM EST last night, and my ping was pretty much the same as before. I also asked in server chat and everyone who responded said it was good... looked at pings and everyone was within the normal range with lots below 30.

Isn't 9 CST = 10 EST? Idk why I suck at time zones, maybe that's wrong -- but otherwise I can say that on my client I saw a ton of <100 ping at that time, including my own. Feed back is always appreciated though, keep it comin @everybody, but if you see something that I didn't see, I just wanna try to figure out why that is

PS. Also sorry west coast/central people and Hawaiians, I mistakenly said the server was central but its still NY -- still, some people from other continents get <100 ping, which is tolerable for public play if the servers ok :razz:

But it's a US server, people in Yurope shouldn't be given as much priority as Western players!

I'm from San Diego and I get a ping of 120, always has been ever since you upgraded to 90 slots.

I've played 100+ ping since forever, from Vancouver, and got used to it.

The only time I noticed any real lag is when they pushed it to 100 or so people. The serve was suppose to host like 200, but something didn't work out, I guess.

Kawee said:
I've played 100+ ping since forever, from Vancouver, and got used to it.

The only time I noticed any real lag is when they pushed it to 100 or so people. The serve was suppose to host like 200, but something didn't work out, I guess.

We tried experimenting with different pop caps and it seems like 100 is the highest you can go before the server starts running into problems. I've never been in any other server with over 100 people in native, napoleonic, or anything else where there wasn't seriously noticeable lag.  I think ~90 is the engine's effective limit, any time I've seen a server go over 120 or so the BEST pings are like 50+, and the average is well over 100

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
But it's a US server, people in Yurope shouldn't be given as much priority as Western players!

I'm from San Diego and I get a ping of 120, always has been ever since you upgraded to 90 slots.

Mount&blade community isn't big enough to have large servers stay populated serving only 3 time zones :sad:

What was your ping before we went to 90 slots? Mine has stayed the same, and if you try playing when the server has >80 players, you shouldn't have any worse ping than you did before (since open slots cant add lag)

Golradir said:
I get 90 ping from Yurope :smile:

Awesome, its great to hear that yuro players can get on siege with OK ping (>100 at least). I think we are pretty happy with this server overall. I haven't heard back from Tavi, but so far he's the only one to have had any issues -- otherwise it looks like we will be using this one

I should have grabbed a screenshot and maybe it was just a brief incident, it was remarked in chat a few times as well by others if you keep logs of that sort of thing.  I was only on for 30 minutes or so. 

Was on today and ping was slightly higher than normal, but only 60 or so. 

Please continue on with the server running Vendigr.  :grin:

Server had massive ping spikes just now (250AM EST)

I would check on the RAM and CPU usage, it seemed to be more net type lag though, whats the port speed on there? If its 10MB, that won't cut it

GK_JaXm said:
Server had massive ping spikes just now (250AM EST)

I would check on the RAM and CPU usage, it seemed to be more net type lag though, whats the port speed on there? If its 10MB, that won't cut it

I was on late night and everyone had over a 100 ping.

Back
Top Bottom