[UNAC] United North American Championship

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pretty campy from my experience, but not bad in a scrim and with these new rules I don't really see why it would be campy at all which is why I voted yes

And I would also vote yes to plains if you grab that script and I think bks and chainsawsteam need vote eventually on the abstains if they haven't already

CalamityuP said:
I'm in the process of getting said script.

If a guy is writing it, he might want to look at NW since it already has it (don't know how the gold works since no gold is used in NW). This script could help with a lot of things if it ever gets made/ripped.

Cradoc's correct. NW uses a script like that for their line battles when they play on random maps. It would definitely be a good solution, I think. Keeping the unpredictability of plains without changing the entire map mid-game.

One question about the ruleset just so I know I understand it correctly.

Bullet 7 of Round Robin Rules, (6 of Single elim)

-Substitutions may only occur during a break in between sets. If a unexpected drop out happens during a set, the other team does not need to drop a player.

In the event of a 7v7. If Team 1 were to loes a person via crash/DC whatever. Team 2 does not have to drop to make it 6v6, and Team 1  cannot sub a player. In other words the rest of the set can be played 6v7. However, if the player who dropped is able to return before the end of the set, is said player allowed to rejoin the next round or would that also be counted as a substitution?

Kherven said:

-Substitutions may only occur during a break in between sets. If a unexpected drop out happens during a set, the other team does not need to drop a player.

In the event of a 7v7. If Team 1 were to loes a person via crash/DC whatever. Team 2 does not have to drop to make it 6v6, and Team 1  cannot sub a player. In other words the rest of the set can be played 6v7. However, if the player who dropped is able to return before the end of the set, is said player allowed to rejoin the next round or would that also be counted as a substitution?

Imo this rule is just bull**** anyways, there's no need for strict rules like this in a friendly competition with no rewards except e-penis enlargement and cool signature. Just allow substitutions anytime imo.

I would understand if that rule would be in a competition with money rewards but this isn't one (as far as i know Xd)

sotamursu123 said:
Kherven said:

Imo this rule is just bull**** anyways, there's no need for strict rules like this in a friendly competition with no rewards except e-penis enlargement and cool signature. Just allow substitutions anytime imo.

I would understand if that rule would be in a competition with money rewards but this isn't one (as far as i know Xd)

Agreed. Crashing in WB, unfortunately, happens a lot more often than it should. It is also no one's fault but the server/game/internet; therefore, the team should not be punished with playing less player(s). A considerate captain on the opposing team should also have his player(s) move to spec to match the numbers of the unfortunate team if no substitute is allowed.

I also agree. I also agree a team should NOT have to drop a person. (So the whole round can be playd 6v7) but I think the team who lost the player should be able to immediately sub a player in next round. My warband constantly crashes if I try to tab out or anything like that. Connections are dropped sometimes. Its unfortunate that it happens but I do not think teams should be punished for Warband screwing up. Yeah, you can say "Sorry, bad luck" and play the rest of the round, but anything beyond forcing the 6 man team to play the rest of the round down is an unnecessary punishment.

I'm thinking of this:

-If a player gets disconnected or crashes a substitution may occur the following round.  You do not have to wait for the set to finish. If a unexpected player drops out during a set, the other team does not need to drop a player for that round.

How to deal with a team of just 7 players if one crashes and they can't field 7?

Obviously reschedule at least twice. :razz:

NASTe allowed subs for players that D/Ced in the middle of a round. It also didn't require matching teams, though you were certainly welcome to be polite and drop a player to match (everybody did). I don't see any reason to deviate from that now.

CalamityuP said:
I'm thinking of this:

-If a player gets disconnected or crashes a substitution may occur the following round.  You do not have to wait for the set to finish. If a unexpected player drops out during a set, the other team does not need to drop a player for that round.

How to deal with a team of just 7 players if one crashes and they can't field 7?

To the first point, that sounds good to me.

To the second point, I see no reason why to force a forfeit if they go under minimum after the match has started. I think they should be allowed to play down a man until someone else hopefully shows up. It should of course be noted that at no point does the other team have to drop below 7.

Team Name: Rebels
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: Rebels
Captain (with link to TW profile): Courtney
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Nevino
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
1. Courtney
2. Nevino
3. Crusader
4. Templar
5. Xls
6. Athesus
7. Psyko
8. Cdjrcxx
9. Ravenstein
10. Snoop
11. Dag
12. DYLM
13. Latinok

sotamursu123 said:
Kherven said:

Whats the reasoning behind no substitutions anyway?

Team Name: Strike Force
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: SF
Captain (with link to TW profile): Madnes5
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Rallix
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):

01)Madnes5
02)Rallix
03)Neanderthal
04)Henry
05)Captain
06)Giraffe
07)Adelade