Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the current map list as decided by the the meeting tonight:

Open Maps:
Field by the River
Ruins
Open Plain
Random Plains Medium (Tie with one Abstain)

Closed Maps:
Nord Town
Sandi'boush
Desert Town
Verloren
Vendetta

Mixed Maps:
Reveran Village
Frosty Battle
Solace
Ruined Fort (Tie)
Dry Valley (Two Abstained)

Banned Maps:
Arena
Battle on Ice
Canyon
Forest Hideout
Snowy Village
Port Assault

We also decided on:
  • First to 4 Rounds
  • 240 Second Rounds
  • Score by Sets still.
  • In case of ties that alter the choosing of the top 4 to advance to Single Elim, use round wins as a tiebreaker.

We are also testing first to 3 rounds.

If I made a mistake, please correct me :grin:

TMW vs. Wappaw tested out first to 3. I wasn't there for the first map on Nord Town, but Ruins felt a bit short. I felt that right as Wappaw could've figured out what we were doing and really countered it, the match was over.

I like first to 4.

Solace is in there and we tabled Liberty and Snoop's Exile for later discussion.  As to the others, I'm all for more maps.  Except, I've never even heard of most of these, so we'll have to squeeze some quick testing in to see how they play.

WilySly said:
Solace is in there and we tabled Liberty and Snoop's Exile for later discussion.  As to the others, I'm all for more maps.  Except, I've never even heard of most of these, so we'll have to squeeze some quick testing in to see how they play.
CoMP_testing, the admin pass should have been in your PM inbox for a while. Comments welcome.
Basically, everybody should know the drill by now :smile:
Cradoc said:
Obviously there are some we need to test like the Euro maps and River Valley
As far as I remember River Valley has been tested and deemed good (it's the Vendigr's map based on Marnid's blueprints), but there was some confusion regaring it's classification. Anyway, feel free to test again. It's on CoMP_testing too, as well as on USA_Event, I believe. Some new Euro maps are on CoMP_testing as well.

Courtney said:
I might have missed this since I kept getting disconnected on mumble on my phone, but why is Snowy Village "banned" from the tourney?

Like this tourney has been so far it's a community decision. I wasn't there but would have voted to ban if I was. It's a bad map, plain and simple. Read: everyone has opinions

Courtney said:
I might have missed this since I kept getting disconnected on mumble on my phone, but why is Snowy Village "banned" from the tourney?

The vote between those present (you may not have been at that time, if its a close vote Wily said he'd PM you)  found that Snowy Village was a competitively unbalanced map.  As almost all flags favored barn-spawn hill. I think it might have been a somewhat close vote though.

Tons of maps were very close to being banned or kept, I think snowy was a 4v5 vote in favor of removing it, very close

Random plains and open plains were also close to getting removed/kept

Edit: oh and apparently random plains still needs 1 vote and ruined fort is tied as well, we also need to figure out what ties will count for

Another edit:

CalamityuP said:
Courtney said:

Like this tourney has been so far it's a community decision. I wasn't there but would have voted to ban if I was. It's a bad map, plain and simple. Read: everyone has opinions

If im correct we were not supposed to actually be voting based on whether or not we liked the map, but voting if it is actually viable for competitive play. I hope everyone else voted like that lol

KissMyAxe said:
As far as I remember River Valley has been tested and deemed good (it's the Vendigr's map based on Marnid's blueprints), but there was some confusion regaring it's classification.

My original vision was for a larger scale than Vendigr's creation, but he made a good map that I would say is mixed.

CalamityuP said:
Courtney said:

Agreed. When snowy village pops up on POM, I usually sit in spec mode and watch vids on youtube.

I forget, but why did we put in Dry Valley in with those horrific motf spawns and horrible borders on the map and Vendetta (village 2.0)

I think the GK and BkS teams at the very least need to play some of these maps because harn and chainsaw didn't know or hadn't played on quite a few of them in a competitive environment and you cant really get a accurate vote if everyone doesn't really know all the maps competitively

I am also curious about those maps cradoc listed

John7 said:
I forget, but why did we put in Dry Valley in with those horrific motf spawns and horrible borders on the map and Vendetta (village 2.0)

I think the GK and BkS teams at the very least need to play some of these maps because harn and chainsaw didn't know or hadn't played on quite a few of them in a competitive environment and you cant really get a accurate vote if everyone doesn't really know all the maps competitively

I am also curious about those maps cradoc listed

All the maps were decided by votes, that's why we put them in there. There was no "reason" to put them in other than the combined votes that the team representatives voted. If you want an exact reason, ask those who voted yes.

Harn and Chainsaw abstained from the ones they felt they didn't know well. They both abstained from Dry Valley, and Chainsaw abstained from Random Plains. The rest, I assume, they felt comfortable voting for as they did.

I mentioned it in mumble, but I will also mention it here just so its documented. But TMW voted no (for both teams) to Random plains. However, if there is a script that can be found that keeps the random plains the same map on swap I will happily change those votes to a yes. (Which would break the tie)

I think the defender of plains getting to pick the layout of both swaps is too unfair if pure randomness is involved.

Kherven said:
I mentioned it in mumble, but I will also mention it here just so its documented. But TMW voted no (for both teams) to Random plains. However, if there is a script that can be found that keeps the random plains the same map on swap I will happily change those votes to a yes. (Which would break the tie)

I think the defender of plains getting to pick the layout of both swaps is too unfair if pure randomness is involved.

I think the same goes for Chainsaw. I would change my vote to yes as well.

Ok nevermind. I believe I was thinking about the one with the windmill and ruins. I remember which one is Snowy Village now. Yea, that is a horrible map, competitively.

CalamityuP said:
Courtney said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom