[UNAC] Maps & Weekly Map Pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Getting the open plains map is paramount, imo, as well as bringing back the mixed classification thereby making the open classification actually have open maps instead of a jumble of a few open and some mixed.

I'm aware there's an issue with taking stuff from other games/DLC's apparently and/or it not being feasible to use the script; a possible compromise could be that both teams have 3 re rolls on their desired spawn choice to choose if they want. People ***** about re rolls but if it's done by a proficient admin it should only take ~30 seconds tops.

Maybe if we allow the team that picks plains to have the 3 rerolls first swap. Then the other team gets the rerolls for the second swap?

edit: This may have been what Rhade was saying.

In essence, one team gets 1/2 a map choice that whole match, and the other team gets 1 1/2 map choices  :razz:

Meh, as long as I get to play on random plains, tis all swell.

I don't really have a big solution to the mixed issue or the random plains issue, as much as I'd like to. I also hate Random Plains, so it's incredibly hard for me to be impartial.

However, I would suggest removing Port Assault and adding in Village. Port Assault is such an atrocious map. Village is much more balanced, has a lot of tactical maneuverability and a huge number of choices for feasible archer/infantry positioning.

Eternal said:
I don't really have a big solution to the mixed issue or the random plains issue, as much as I'd like to. I also hate Random Plains, so it's incredibly hard for me to be impartial.

Of course you do -- you guys prefer closed map and plains is the ultimate open map. That's like me saying I hate Port Assault, Village and Nord Town -- even though I don't enjoy them, I recognize their importance, and understand that clans like yours like those maps.

That's precisely why I'm not saying, "Scrap those maps, if we don't have a script then **** it," because as much as I know that's exactly what I would like to happen - I'm not going to throw BkS and the clans that enjoy the map under the bus.

If you come up with a solution that appears satisfactory and is satisfactory to most teams, then that's fine with me.

Rhade said:
Eternal said:

Of course you do -- you guys prefer closed map and plains is the ultimate open map. That's like me saying I hate Port Assault, Village and Nord Town -- even though I don't enjoy them, I recognize their importance, and understand that clans like yours like those maps.

Eh, I more hate random plains not because of the map, but the ruleset. It was absolute bull**** for the map picker to be able to choose re-rolls for both swaps, thats why I voted no unless there was a script. Your idea at least helps a little bit, but I still think random plains is dumb as people just re-roll till the map is biased towards them.Open plains is super open yet I like it because at least its fair on both sides. I'd much rather see like 6 preset open maps then have to use random plains. Randomness = bad. (imo)

Kherven said:
Solace needs to be reviewed/edited , a glitch was found in the recent pickup party that allows top spawn to go behind the cliff and outside most of the map. Myself, john, mike, or anyone else who was there can show where it was.

As Kiss said, this was already done. POM, The Warroom and COMP all have had the updated map for several weeks.  You're squared away on this I assume? I can e-mail if not.

Back
Top Bottom