[UNAC] Maps & Weekly Map Pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Calamity

Il Padrino
Count
DG5_K1_Aw.png

6jsi_QDCDB3b_Tq_MQ_Hd_TE5t_CLX0_VN5ckb_Sa_Ewpw_X8_EE.png

-Each week, two maps will be randomly chosen from each category (closed/open), resulting in a pool of 4 maps. Captains may only choose maps from the current week's pool. The same map may not be in the pool two weeks in a row. The maps will be selected on the Saturday (day before) the current weeks matches begin.

Check back in this thread every Saturday for the current pool of maps for each given week.

Week One: OPEN: Reveran Village, Frosty Battle. CLOSED: Sandi'boush, Vendetta.

Week Two: OPEN: Open Plain, Ruins. CLOSED: Verloren, Desert Town

Week Three: OPEN: Field by the River, Random Plains. MIXED: Frosty Battle, Dry Valley. CLOSED: Nord Town, Port Assault

Week Four: OPEN: River Valley, Haranaer. MIXED: Ruins, Solace. CLOSED: Sandi'boush, Verloren.

Week Five: OPEN: Open Plain, Field by the River MIXED: Reveran Village, Dry Valley. CLOSED: Port Assault, Desert Town.

Week Six: OPEN: Random Plains, River Valley MIXED: Frosty Battle, Solace. CLOSED: Vendetta, Nord Town.

Week Seven: OPEN: Open Plain, Field by the River MIXED: Ruins, Dry Valley. CLOSED: Verloren, Desert Town.

Week Eight OPEN: Random Plains, River Valley MIXED: Reveran Village, Solace. CLOSED: Vendetta, Port Assault.

Week Nine: OPEN: Open Plain, Field by the River. MIXED: Ruins, Frosty Battle. CLOSED: Sandi'boush, Nord Town.

Week Ten: OPEN: Random Plains(Medium), River Valley. MIXED: Reveran Village, Solace. CLOSED: Desert Town, Vandetta.

Week Eleven: OPEN: Open Plains, Field by the River MIXED: Dry Valley, Frosty Battle CLOSED: Nord Town, Verloren

Week Twelve:  OPEN: Random Plains, River Valley MIXED: Reveran Village, Ruins CLOSED: Desert Town, Port Assault

Week Thirteen: OPEN: Open Plains, Field by the River MIXED: Solace, Dry Valley CLOSED: Sandi'boush, Vandetta

maps.png

These are the maps selectable in UNAC:

Open Maps:
Open Plain
Random Plains
Field by the River
River Valley

Mixed Maps:
Reveran Village
Frosty Battle
Solace
Ruins
Dry Valley

Closed Maps:
Nord Town
Sandi'boush
Desert Town
Verloren
Vendetta
Port Assault

Solace needs to be reviewed/edited , a glitch was found in the recent pickup party that allows top spawn to go behind the cliff and outside most of the map. Myself, john, mike, or anyone else who was there can show where it was.

How did Vendetta make it in the map pool? People really consider Village 2.0 to be balanced for both spawns?

Were these classifications voted on at some point? Ruins is an open map now?? Frosty Battle is less Open than Ruins?

It wouldn't matter too much, but now we have a map pool and one of the rules was it won't be the same map two weeks in a row. Which is now impossible on Mixed.

I think map classification was discussed in the first mumble meeting. I think the reason why Ruins was decided as an open map for this tourney is because we needed more open maps than just open plains and random plains, which is still up in the air right now. Compared to Frosty Battle, Ruins seem like it's a bigger map and there are more grounds where cav is most effective, aka flat ground.

As for vendetta, was this voted in the first meeting? I might have missed it since I was logged onto mumble from my phone and was driving at the time, so it kept connecting and disconnecting as the signal switched from 1 tower to the next.

The Pizza said:
How did Vendetta make it in the map pool? People really consider Village 2.0 to be balanced for both spawns?

Were these classifications voted on at some point? Ruins is an open map now?? Frosty Battle is less Open than Ruins?

John7 said:
Yea if that doesn't get fixed the map needs to be thrown out, the glitch is that bad
Romans has issued an update for that map. See the CoMP thread. The latest version is on GitHub as of yesterday.

EDIT: I've noticed the bug report for Solace by pure chance. I am not monitoring this thread, so if you notice any bugs in a CoMP map and would like them to be fixed, please, post in the CoMP thread (the link is in my sig) or PM me directly.

Until we obtain the random plains script it's being outed, according to votes. Not something I personally agree with but the community is picking the maps and rule set so this is what we get.

Also, we have decided to merge open and mixed maps. The map pool makes zero sense having only 3 maps available for 2 categories.

Is there going to be no discussion on this? Having only 4 maps instead of 6 and reducing mixed and open map options seems so extreme to just happen without any kind of discussion or vote.

The Pizza said:
Is there going to be no discussion on this? Having only 4 maps instead of 6 and reducing mixed and open map options seems so extreme to just happen without any kind of discussion or vote.

Calamity and I are working on this.

Nord Champion said:
The Pizza said:

Dry Valley and Port Assault added. Starting next week they make be picked for the map pool.

CalamityuP said:
Nord Champion said:
The Pizza said:

Dry Valley and Port Assault added. Starting next week they make be picked for the map pool.

I hope Dry Valley MOTF's were edited.....otherwise dear lord.

Port assault really?

Who made these decisions, if the community decided which maps were getting tossed they should decide which maps are back in

Why in the world would we add the most unbalanced map in the game and the map everyone agreed on throwing out to be put back in

Surely there are some other maps that could be put in their place

John7 said:
Port assault really?

Who made these decisions, if the community decided which maps were getting tossed they should decide which maps are back in

Why in the world would we add the most unbalanced map in the game and the map everyone agreed on throwing out to be put back in

Surely there are some other maps that could be put in their place

There are Swaps. I fail to see how Port Assault is unbalanced. We've axed too many maps, and the result is an absolutely lackluster map pool. We've been forced to trim mixed even

If you think there are better maps - suggest them.

BTW, this was a decision supported by 4/5 admins. We would have had 5 if Kherv didnt hate the flag spawns on Dry Valley.  :razz:

How about we just get rid of the rule that says the maps can't repeat? Or change it to say that there won't be the same two maps repeated (allowing for one map to repeat)? This would give us back the classification system we all thought we were getting when we joined the tournament (Open / Mixed / Closed).

I have to agree I want open/closed/mixed back, maybe we (captains) can have another full meeting and talk about putting in some balanced maps instead of port assault and dry valley, those motf spawns are just ridiculous

You have made this a community event with all captains involved thus far, it is not ideal to bring maps back that no one liked in the first place and got axed pretty hard

Back
Top Bottom