Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

They are not conflicting. It's a huge war being waged along the 500km long front. So Ua forces can be pushing forward in Pyatikhatki and being repelled 50 km to the east under Robotyne.
The rocket+drone strikes on major cities are once again intensifying though. Mostly at night so sleep is scarce.
My acquaintance who is currently serving talked to me the other day. Said that losses in his unit are still low despite them now going on the offensive and storming enemy positions regularly. This improved my mood somewhat.

They are not conflicting. It's a huge war being waged along the 500km long front. So Ua forces can be pushing forward in Pyatikhatki and being repelled 50 km to the east under Robotyne.
True. However, some of the unreliable spam reports that I didn’t post were typically extreme in opposite directions.
My acquaintance who is currently serving talked to me the other day. Said that losses in his unit are still low despite them now going on the offensive and storming enemy positions regularly. This improved my mood somewhat.
Glad to hear that. :smile:

Presumably Wagner group is a lot smaller now its prisoners terms are up and it can't recruit from prisons any longer. 50,000 prisoners recruited less 32,000 freed less 10,000 dead leaves 8,000 who've either signed up full time with Wagner, been taken prisoner by Ukraine or are missing/deserters.

Last edited:

Russian military blogger on Telegram: “The column of musicians goes through the Novoshakhtinsk checkpoint, the length of the column is about 50 km. The situation on the Voloshino checkpoint is the same, only the column is 80 kilometres and continue to go. The VP and border guards do not hinder. At first, 2 tanks arrived in Novoshakhtinsk, the musicians came out and talked to the border guards, said not to interfere, sat down and went.”

Wagner entering Rostov:
”Now, we’re entering Rostov. Units of the Ministry of Defence, in fact, the conscripts who were thrown to block our path, moved away.We do not fight with children. We do not kill children. Shoygu is killing children by throwing untrained soldiers, conscripts included, into the war.He set up 18-year-old lads against us. They’re like children and grandchildren to us. Therefore, these lads will live and return to their mothers.”
Russian military blogger: “According to our information, the columns have stopped. Somehow it doesn't converge. I hope the Supreme and Prigozhin are solving the problem among themselves.”

Last edited:
So, here we go again.
I wonder how long in advance they have been planning this for, and what was Wagner's contingency planning. They couldn't have expected the Putin administration to just hand over Shoigu - a man appointed by Putin himself - and look weak in the process. Going against a minister appointed by the leader is in fact going against the leader's choice.

What can they hope to accomplish? Some changes in high level officials? Toppling Putin himself? And what then? That crazy guy in charge of the entire country and armed forces? That’d be a disaster, at least we know Putin won’t use nukes but this guy?..

Crazy images we're seeing from Russia right now.
oLZe6.jpg

The short of it is Guardian's analysis that Putin's position is weakened and he'll have to make concessions to internal power players. Not such a strongman anymore.
I'm sure Putin encouraged this dog to bark at the generals in order to weaken them, but it has gone too far: this is loss of control.

Last edited:
The days when warlord or mafia deals could be kept hidden in Russia seem over. Now everyone knows and it will lower Putin’s standing. Even Russian media can’t spin this:

A Wargonzo post on Telegram suggests Prigozhin isn’t going to Belarus alone: “First, nuclear weapons appeared on the territory of Belarus. Now there will be PMC Wagner. It turns out - purely from a primitive physical and technical point of view - we are arming our neighbor with the most dangerous weapon to date (each in its own incarnation, especially considering the rebelliousness of the latter).”

So Wagner is now going to attack Ukraine from the north on its own and work for Belarus? A lot of deal details are missing.
Is Prig taking mercs with him? I would in his place. How many and when?

Back
Top Bottom