UKIP in a nutshell.

Users who are viewing this thread

I plus one everything Kobrag has said.

Maybe the word 'superpower' was badly chosen. Perhaps "economic power block" would be more suitable. Without the European Union, Europe will sink further and further into underdogship (I just made that a word), and the US, China, India etc, countries large enough to form their own independent power blocks, will rise.

The time of the individual nation state is over, especially in Europe. Countries like the UK, France, Germany etc need to realise that they are now very insignificant and tiny countries, not the powerful imperial states of days gone by. This will grow to be more and more the case unless they band together economically to form a single, larger counterweight to the other, far larger independent countries like the US, China and India.

The evidence for this is clear. When the EEC (Later EU) was created and Britain opted out of joining immediately, our economy slumped slowly, further and further into recession until we had no choice but to beg France and Germany to let us in. Then things improved.

We need to stand united. Perhaps yes - the UK could probably hold its own economically. It'd be hard, but we could probably just about do it. But no. We would have no political power. We'd be a pawn at the whim of the rest of the EU, the US and China. That little country struggling along on its own, pretending to still be powerful. No.

I would rather remain as part of a larger establishment, so that my country is not at the whim of superpowers, or struggling along on its own.

The EU is definitely the best way to go.

Think about the good it does. Environmental protection laws. Recent axing to roaming charges. Dissolution of monopolies. Political and military weight (such as recent proposals to embargo Russia over the Ukraine).

The disadvantages... yes, we don't make quite as much money out of our fishing industry as we could due to environmental protection. Yes, sometimes we have to contribute a little to keep our friends afloat. Yes, sometimes we have to bite back our pride and be shouted down because we're no longer the most powerful nation on earth.

The immaturity needs to stop. The EU is something to cherish and to be proud of.

Jarvisimo said:
The time of the individual nation state is over, especially in Europe. Countries like the UK, France, Germany etc need to realise that they are now very insignificant and tiny countries, not the powerful imperial states of days gone by.

The ten largest export countries according to wiki:
(note: includes re-exports)
1 China $ 2,209,600,000,000[3] 2013
2 United States $ 1,575,000,000,000 2013 est.
3 Germany $ 1,493,000,000,000 2013 est.
4 Japan $ 697,000,000,000 2013 est.
5 France $ 570,100,000,000 2013 est.
6 South Korea $ 557,300,000,000 2013 est.
7 Netherlands $ 551,500,000,000 2013 est.
8 Russia $ 515,000,000,000 2013 est.
— Hong Kong $ 486,100,000,000 2013 est.
9 United Kingdom $ 475,700,000,000 2013 est.
10 Italy $ 474,000,000,000 2013 est.

I'm not opposed to the EU as a trade organization, but I feel your argument was a bit lackluster. :razz:

Hah, true. My bad. I feel very strongly about this, I guess I got carried away with my propoganda. :smile:

My point rather was that if we didn't have free trade with Europe I suspect that figure would go dramatically down.

I hope the free trade with the US is stopped. Boycott their wares and we'll have one less superpower.

Gestricius said:
I hope the free trade with the US is stopped. Boycott their wares and we'll have one less superpower.

What? 50 years ago that might have been true, but the US is a far less industrial society. We export far more services than goods these days.

Kobrag said:
They buy many of our machine parts.
Like...for tanks and military vehicles in general.
Okay, but don't buy any US-made products!  :razz:

jacobhinds said:
Ukip is full of incompetence. Nigel farage is charismatic but his MPs are too inexperienced/loudmouthed/lazy to last long in any serious political post. Down the road from me in barking there was a BNP councillor who was expelled within a year for not turning up to meetings.
unless ukip is hiding a few dozen competent xenophobic MPs in his sleeve, they're not a long-term threat to anyone, and are probably headed the same way as the BNP.

Also most of the people voting ukip (the ones who aren't stupidly voting as a "protest" against the three main ones) live in areas that immigration has hardly affected. there's always going to be irrational fear of the latest wave of immigrants, but in places where the only contact with foreigners is the daily mail, it's basically a given that ukip is going to get a few votes.

P.S. 33% turnout is bloody terrible, wtf Britain?

This fella pretty much hit the nail on the head.
I voted UKIP, most people I know voted UKIP.
A lot of upper middle class votes.
I've never met an immigrant that I know of.
I see the media constantly pulling out the racist card surrounding UKIP i think that just makes more people vote for them.
Everyone seems to slate them yet look who won  :cool:

@dannyT Why exactly did you vote for them then? Their meps and councillors hardly turn up for meetings, just like the bnp at its height. If you're anti eu and have an irrational fear of the muslamic infidel and shakira law, vote conservative as they're far more likely to be successful in isolating britain.

jacobhinds said:
@dannyT Why exactly did you vote for them then? Their meps and councillors hardly turn up for meetings, just like the bnp at its height. If you're anti eu and have an irrational fear of the muslamic infidel and shakira law, vote conservative as they're far more likely to be successful in isolating britain.

I've asked UKIP supporters why they voted and got that they’re sick of being run by unelected bureaucrats in the European Commission; the uncontrolled immigration undercutting the value of the native workforce; the immigration of large numbers of people who do not share Western beliefs in human rights; the monetary union of the Eurozone that is trapped in a volkerkerker and threatens the stability of Europe; the political and media elites that treat them with derision and dismiss them as "racist"; Europe's Civil law that is not the same as the UK's Common law; being told an European conglomerate is better than a isolated democratic Britain; and quite a few other reasons.

UKIP do;t share western beliefs in human rights -.-
And technically the country is run by unelected bureaucrats in the civil service (many bills live and die on their whims.) and no one but MP's complain.

Beware fascism at work !
Here the 2 face of evils. Who aims to turn europe into the ruins and ash of WW2 once again !

BolW4ySIgAAul8e.jpg

1-lepen.jpg

Hopefully, the people will understand that they are being toyed with by populists parties which are actually pretending to listen to the people. Fools !
We should all pray, that  Juncker which happen to a banker that no-one voted for indeed save us from WW3.

The commission's be praised. They shall turn those black cloud out of our holy european sky !
On side note. Let remember that a rough half of our fellow citizens didn't bothered to vote. So it's not like it would change anything

Aldric said:
Hopefully, the people will understand that they are being toyed with by populists parties which are actually pretending to listen to the people. Fools !
You guys have parties that aren't populist?

Beware fascism at work !
The commission's be praised. They shall turn those black cloud out of our holy european sky !
Sounds like a radical case of radical-ness.

Paronomasia12 said:
being run by unelected bureaucrats in the European Commission; the uncontrolled immigration undercutting the value of the native workforce; the immigration of large numbers of people who do not share Western beliefs in human rights; the monetary union of the Eurozone that is trapped in a volkerkerker and threatens the stability of Europe; the political and media elites that treat them with derision and dismiss them as "racist"; Europe's Civil law that is not the same as the UK's Common law; being told an European conglomerate is better than a isolated democratic Britain; and quite a few other reasons.

First up, why use semicolons. Just use commas.

"being run by unelected bureaucrats in the European Commission"
The European Commission is made up of the foreign ministers of all countries involved. They are all elected.

"the uncontrolled immigration undercutting the value of the native workforce"
87% of the UK is white British and these demographics aren't changing much. People find a scapegoat for the recession and point the finger at immigrants. That tiny minority. Or perhaps British people are just bitter that there are foreign people who are better at doing things than they are and expect companies to be racist by turning away better workers in favour of a native British person.

"the immigration of large numbers of people who do not share Western beliefs in human rights"
Bull****. This is the most bigoted thing I've heard all day. When was the last time you heard someone who didn't share ideas about basic human rights? Seriously? Perhaps once or twice in the last 10 years there has been an extremist person, yes. But "large numbers"? That's just ridiculous.

"the monetary union of the Eurozone that is trapped in a volkerkerker and threatens the stability of Europe"
Ah, I see. So by leaving the European Union we'd be doing... what good, exactly? Making the situation worse. It's called a recession, not a problem with the EU.

"the political and media elites that treat them with derision and dismiss them as "racist""
This is because they are xenophobic at best and at worst they are indeed racist. To state that we should reject people from entering the country solely because they are not natively British is racist.
However, huzzah! I do agree here to an extent. We do desperately need a third party. Labour and the Tories are not satisfactory any more. They've had their day. I'm all for Liberal Democrat as I am fairly liberal and egalitarian as things go. Regardless, we do need more parties in the playing field.

"Europe's Civil law that is not the same as the UK's Common law"
Is this a Parliamentary Sovereignty argument? Because yes. The European Union can overrule our laws. So what? If it does, in an extreme case, seek to overrule statute law in the UK, it is for a good reason. e.g if we're destroying all the fish in the North Sea.

"being told an European conglomerate is better than a isolated democratic Britain"
This isn't even an argument. This is just a statement. It is better than an isolated Britain.

Aldric said:
Beware fascism at work !
Here the 2 face of evils.
<snip>

Woah, calm down with the extremism.

I didn't intend to shock anyone. I know it's a pain to admit that extremists had a top place in a democratic election.
I got told by news paper that human rights are at risk. For real !

hopefully, the commision and the sane people will sort this out.

Once again, in populism i see the word "people". And those "european peoples" are dangerous, aren't they ?

Aldric said:
I didn't intend to shock anyone. I know it's a pain to admit that extremists had a top place in a democratic election.
I got told by news paper that human rights are at risk. For real !

hopefully, the commision and the sane people will sort this out.

Once again, in populism i see the word "people". And those "european peoples" are dangerous, aren't they ?
I think fanatics are dangerous. By virtue of that, I think you are dangerous.

"being run by unelected bureaucrats in the European Commission"
The European Commission is made up of the foreign ministers of all countries involved. They are all elected.
I think they mean that there are people from foreign nations in the Comission that weren't chosen by Brits. I could be wrong though.

"Europe's Civil law that is not the same as the UK's Common law"
Is this a Parliamentary Sovereignty argument? Because yes. The European Union can overrule our laws. So what? If it does, in an extreme case, seek to overrule statute law in the UK, it is for a good reason. e.g if we're destroying all the fish in the North Sea.
Decisions made in the EU quite commonly overrule national laws. Often it's not even extreme cases. The hillbillies in my country are very vocal about some of the seemingly random decisions that the EU has made.

I think fanatics are dangerous. By virtue of that, I think you are dangerous.

I guess 2nd degree joke doesn't spread very well on forum does it ?

I don't feel very dangerous, neither the people around me think that way.
However i could say that people that just like you do, support a off-country sovereignty based on unelected bureaucrat that can have impacts in our very lives ( providing you live in E.U ) Now that dangerous. As  the further from the people the power is, the more likely it will discard their particular interests.

It wasn't a joke. You have yet to present us any critical thinking or proper backing for your arguments. If such people have strong opinions it never ends well.

Back
Top Bottom