TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

Just for the record, got an email from my host:

[quote author=Dreamhost]Greetings and Salutations!

We’re happy to share some great news with you - DreamHost is upgrading your hardware!

Computer components are constantly changing and improving and your server happens to be getting a bit long in the tooth. We've now moved to newer and better things so we're going to go ahead and get you onto the most recent configuration available. This will not only result in better performance for you but also is easier on our environment as the new machines are more efficient (so we'll be consuming less power) and compact (requiring far less space to support the same activities).

Your site will be migrated to a new server at your current data center at the start of next week or shortly thereafter. You can see our updated status post here: http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2014/05/09/webserver-hardware-upgrades-in-us-west-los-angeles-datacenter-beginning-may-12th/ We’ll be sending a follow up notification with specific details including your server name. We will also be closely monitoring the migration process to make it as painless as possible. Please note that you may experience some higher than usual loads while your data is being moved over, which may cause slower load times than usual on your websites. You will find this to be particularly likely for database-driven sites in the first 24 hours after migration (as MySQL moves take longer - this will result in some temporary latency). We are not moving dedicated, mail or DreamPress services. For accounts with a mix of web VPS's and shared, not everything web or mysql may be moved. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. Once the move has completed, we will notify you via email. [/quote]

Bolded the bits which'd be most relevant for y'alls. TWim does use a database but only when uploading files, not when loading 'em.

J said:
Please note that you may experience some higher than usual loads while your data is being moved over, which may cause slower load times than usual on your websites.
****in' hell. When I thought Twim couldn't get much slower, they announce that it is going to get slower. :lol:

And yes, I know they said it was temporary, but still.

Still, I haven't been able to spot this massive slowness of TWim. :???:

If there's a post with tons of spoilers with pics in 'em, they've all always loaded before I get to opening them.

J said:
Still, I haven't been able to spot this massive slowness of TWim. :???:

If there's a post with tons of spoilers with pics in 'em, they've all always loaded before I get to opening them.
For me, images from Twim load much slower than images from just about anywhere else, so much so that sometimes I'll go to a picture-heavy thread (such as Say Cheese or the Dream Women threads) and then open a new tab and do something like checking my email or PCGamer in order to kill time until the images get around to loading. 

'kay, just got the email stating that the transfer is complete. I also updated php version to a bit newer one. Let me know if you find anything not working properly and if the performance is worse or better or anything.

They work fine on my phone, but when I'm on the PC (using Firefox) none of the images load whatsoever.

Current situation.

You folks have donated €21.09 so far. With my rent and other bills constantly going up (with my pay not going up with the bills), I have about 20-40 euros left for monthly food and all other expenditures. Last month I even had to take the 20€ that had already been donated to be able to have stuff to eat. What I'm tryin' to say with this is that I will most likely be unable to pay for my webhost (which includes TWim, the BoP tool, Photo Contest gallery thing and other stuff) without the help of you people. If I will be able to do so, I will certainly pay the extra 21 euros from my own wallet at the time of billpaying. Sadly I cannot guarantee it, as things are >_<

I have even got emails from my host recently saying "One month until your domains expire!" That is to say, without you guys, I'm kinda ****ed. If I'm kinda ****ed, TWim is kinda ****ed. I know that less than 1% of TWim users will ever see this message. But I do hope that even that one percent will help to keep this **** running.

Back
Top Bottom