TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

@J: I hate to *****, but is there any way in hell that you can make images from Twim load faster? Preferably a lot faster? They're just so incredibly slow.  :???:

Can't access TWim for some reason.

The page wont even load.
I click on it and it stay there not loading.

All other sites are fine except TWim.
First time having issues.

Tossed some ideas at Rebel via PM ('cause that's what I noticed first), but Pachinko's problems are no way related to TWim, just his own inabilities.

Protip: This isn't a valid url: "http://
S42xh.gif". Check your sig code and fix it.

Well, ****ety ****. Was just falling asleep, hear compy bleep the "You've got mail" bleep. Decided to get up to check it, was from the host I run TWim etc on.

In a nutshell, EVEN THOUGH THEY CLAIM "UNLIMITED", they're saying it's starting to reach accepted resource usage limits. I'll either have to figure out a way to lower the usages (don't really know how to do that though, plus I really don't want to enforce smaller files or **** like that.)

Did have a looksee on the hosting panel and hoooly ****.
E1phf.png
As you can see, it's half a ****ing terabyte per day. Hard drive space usage is several gigabytes and they mentioned even quite noticeable CPU usages in the mail, but they don't have pages to show those figures so can't really get confirmation on that, but will have to take their word for it >_<

Anywho, nothing should be happening right away, but if I can't figure some **** out asap, they might be shutting it down or at least heavily limiting it in some way. Details are currently unknown. Have sent 'em a ticket about it, but no response yet. Plus I really need to head to bed, got an early wakeup and will be out for most of the day. Will do my best to get back to dealing with this asap though.

On ze phone atm, managed to check an email and the site is somewhat equivalent to being slashdotted. Will try to do something 'bout things once I get home.

Anywho, as majority of you probably figured, that disaster announcement was a half-arsed attempt at April 1st tomfoolery. Had plans to shove a bit more effort and proofs to it but ran out of creativity and been feeling quite meh today which kinda took the rest of juice out of me.

Went back to the host panel to grab a screenshot of the REAL usages, but...
dQP5u.png

Anywho, first I had inflated the figures threefold, but that didn't really seem convincing enough for host to whinge 'bout, so multiplied it by ten again. Real figures are about half a terabyte of traffic per month, 21GB space usage

I s'pose where this bombed the worst was me overestimating how much of a poop the forumites would give :razz:

As a bonus, there IS an extremely clear (although quite well hidden) message stating that it is april fools in the main post 'bout it. Wish I had some kinda prize for whoever first finds it. Most I can offer though is an @greywool.com infinite space email address and/or [yourname].greywool.com web space ^__^

Trevty said:
Actually, to be honest, nothing is loading from TWim right now. :lol:
Quick outages do happen, but well timed nevertheless. :razz:

Elisianthus said:
Is it the billing date shown ending on 1/4?

EDIT: And looking at it, not sure if it's intentional or not, the cell frames on the image are a bit weird.
J said:
extremely clear
If you have -any- doubt, it's not it. I had to fiddle a bit with the bill dates 'cause I took that several days in advance and had to make it so that the cycle estimates weren't completely out of whack, no proof there. And I have no idea what happened to the cell borders, I removed all the irrelevant lines with firebug, changing the html code itself. No idea how they managed to disappear with that and never even noticed that they did.

Moose! said:
It's the word day, underlined for emphasis.
Non.

J said:
I s'pose where this bombed the worst was me overestimating how much of a poop the forumites would give :razz:
You would have made me sad and unhappy, but I just didn't check this thread on April 1st.

Back
Top Bottom