SP Native Tocan's Calradia - a Native Expansion/Mod Compilation +SOURCE

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey thanks for this amazing mod, just one question.

I found all the old native companions in jelkala, but i was wondering where the new ones are, or are they like original m+b where they show up randomly.

ALso when and where do i get firearms?

Ultra said:
Hey thanks for this amazing mod, just one question.

I found all the old native companions in jelkala, but i was wondering where the new ones are, or are they like original m+b where they show up randomly.

ALso when and where do i get firearms?

The companions are scattered around and random after a couple of game days if I recall. I actually started with a pistol and cartridges but there is a guy in the taverns that apparently sells and upgrades guns as well. That being said I hate having guns in this game unless it is something like Napolean era. At least in this mod nobody else is using them so if you don't either then you wont see them.

Yeah I am having some bandit bugs also. I have 2 bandit leaders in the prison in my city, Aethrod and that guy with the portugese sounding name, something like brodoganca, I can't remember. Anyway they still spawn on the map so there are 2 of them. I also have Miura Tang as a prisoner in my party but I can't put him in prison or let him go. So he just rides around with me wherever I go. It's no big deal really but it is a bug.

The worst bandit bug though is that every single bandit party attacks me. Even if they have just a few men and I have 200 huscarls. Since It is late game and I am locked in a huge war with Khergits it is really difficult to move in their territory because of all the fast steppe bandit parties that can easily catch up to my big slow Nordic party. If I am trying to siege a castle witha  tower I might get attacked like 15-20 different times. So it really slows down progress.

Ultra said:
here a quickfix
---------------------------------------------
to avoid that all companions starts in jelkala (in the source this is already fixed and after some ingame days they spawn in the other towns anyways)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9532944/menus.txt.html
simply replace the file
---------------------------------------------

Adrale said:
The worst bandit bug though is that every single bandit party attacks me. Even if they have just a few men and I have 200 huscarls. Since It is late game and I am locked in a huge war with Khergits it is really difficult to move in their territory because of all the fast steppe bandit parties that can easily catch up to my big slow Nordic party. If I am trying to siege a castle witha  tower I might get attacked like 15-20 different times. So it really slows down progress.
Hey Adrale thx for your report. This sounds really annoying! Does it happen all the time or maybe only if you speed up the game (ctrl+space, sieges, camp etc.)? Anyone else encountered this?

No I never use the space bar. I have always felt that the speed with which you are able to travel from one place to another is already unrealistic. Calradia is supposed to be a continent yet you can cross it on foot in a few days. It's silly.

No, the bandits attack me no matter what I am doing. It isn't because they have any kind of advantage or might be able to beat me. These are basically suicide attacks. The last time I was laying siege to a Khergit castle with 230 huscarls and Merc. Cavalry and I would be attacked by 9 steppe bandits. Then again a few seconds later by 25 then again etc etc. I did once help the bandits when they were fighting an enemy lords so it may have something to do with that. I have seen other mods where this action screws up your interaction with other bandit parties. Like I mentioned in the post above it is late game so  I guess I can just turn down the max # of bandits and "pretend" that most of the bandits have been wiped out already. In the future I will avoid jumping in for bandit parties and see if that helps.

Otherwise this is still the best Calradia based mod there is.

Adrale said:
No I never use the space bar. I have always felt that the speed with which you are able to travel from one place to another is already unrealistic. Calradia is supposed to be a continent yet you can cross it on foot in a few days. It's silly.
yeah totally agree! from freezed nuts to sand in every chink in one ingame day  :roll:

No, the bandits attack me no matter what I am doing. It isn't because they have any kind of advantage or might be able to beat me. These are basically suicide attacks. The last time I was laying siege to a Khergit castle with 230 huscarls and Merc. Cavalry and I would be attacked by 9 steppe bandits. Then again a few seconds later by 25 then again etc etc. I did once help the bandits when they were fighting an enemy lords so it may have something to do with that. I have seen other mods where this action screws up your interaction with other bandit parties. Like I mentioned in the post above it is late game so  I guess I can just turn down the max # of bandits and "pretend" that most of the bandits have been wiped out already. In the future I will avoid jumping in for bandit parties and see if that helps.
i will definitely take a look at this. do you remember in your older save this happen?

Otherwise this is still the best Calradia based mod there is.
thx for your kind words buddy

Nah, the last time I did a play through of your mod was like 9 months ago and IIRC it was quite different then. It has to be something with the way I interacted with the bandit parties. Either by helping them that one time or the fact that I have manged to take some of them prisoner when you are not supposed to be able to. Another slightly strange thing is: I am married to Lady Kaeteli. She was in my party with me for over 250 days. She was actually turning into a decent little fighter too. Anyway I got cornered in a Khergit siege in Reyvadin and my warband and the garrison were wiped out. After I was "exchanged for another prisoner" I only had 3 of my companions with me. When I went back to my court in Rivacheg my wife was there and when I speak to her she just says "surrender or die". Luckily my capitol city was bursting at the seams with top tier soldiers so I was back again in a few days with 200 elite troops. I retook Reyvadin and then found the rest of my companions except Einar had been imprisoned in Tilbaut castle just south of the city. My wife was also in the dungeon. I took that castle too and all of my companions rejoined my group except my wife who uses the same dialogue as the bandit leaders. I think she even offered me money for freeing her and then she left. So now she is still in my court which is being managed by my mother in law and the only relationship we have is her threatening to kill me. :smile:

Adrale said:
Nah, the last time I did a play through of your mod was like 9 months ago and IIRC it was quite different then. It has to be something with the way I interacted with the bandit parties. Either by helping them that one time or the fact that I have manged to take some of them prisoner when you are not supposed to be able to. Another slightly strange thing is: I am married to Lady Kaeteli. She was in my party with me for over 250 days. She was actually turning into a decent little fighter too. Anyway I got cornered in a Khergit siege in Reyvadin and my warband and the garrison were wiped out. After I was "exchanged for another prisoner" I only had 3 of my companions with me. When I went back to my court in Rivacheg my wife was there and when I speak to her she just says "surrender or die". Luckily my capitol city was bursting at the seams with top tier soldiers so I was back again in a few days with 200 elite troops. I retook Reyvadin and then found the rest of my companions except Einar had been imprisoned in Tilbaut castle just south of the city. My wife was also in the dungeon. I took that castle too and all of my companions rejoined my group except my wife who uses the same dialogue as the bandit leaders. I think she even offered me money for freeing her and then she left. So now she is still in my court which is being managed by my mother in law and the only relationship we have is her threatening to kill me. :smile:

I had the same problem with every little pissant bandit gang attacking me.  It happened right after I helped a bandit party fight against the Vaegirs.  You'd think the bandits would thank me for bailing out their asses in that fight.

Tocan, a few weeks ago you posted a scripts.txt files that removed the Bandit leaders.  I was comparing that file to the original scripts.txt file for your mod and noticed there were differences also in some of the PBOD elements of the scripts.  Was this needed to remove the Bandit leaders or for some other reason?  Just curious because it seems like some of the PBOD orders are no longer available (such as undo formation or some of the weapons orders like spear bracing).

I still love your mod and play it almost as much as I play Brytenwalda.  It has a great set of features and uses some of the best mods available.  Are your original source files available for download?  I thought they came with the mod download but I couldn't find them anywhere in the module folder.  Thanks again for your work.  You've given me hours of fun and my wife hates me for it!

thx, Redleg.
no i have not touched the pbod source. i would recommend you to download the source on nexus and compile it for yourself.  if you want to remove the bandit leaders i can post the needed changes.

Thanks a lot Tocan for you fast replies, now I am going to work on removing the top level heroes, it ruins game play a bit when the heroes will be stronger than your character will ever achieve and what's the fun of having them top leveled anyways? I prefer to level them up slowly. Anyways, thanks a lot.

nexus is free my friend

mod
https://spideroak.com/browse/share/b9AcE/TaleWorlds/TaleWorlds/
source
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9733409/Tocans-Calradia-v1_6-Source-Code-3916-1-6.rar.html

Have you noticed with the landlords and money lenders that you start out with negative acreage in some towns? In my current play through I will be deducted an amount of money if I visit the money lenders in Dhirim or Praven and given money if I visit the money lender in Shariz, even though I hadn't bought land from them.

edit: Just wanted to add this in the same post. Don't you think the samurai bandits are op'd? They are as strong as huscarls with higher weapon proficiencies.  I know we westerners have a tendency to romanticize the whole samurai warrior thing and certainly for their own culture they were the absolute best but a group of elite samurai vs. a group of elite vikings would result in the samurai being savagely raped for sport 100% of the time.
It's not just the average of 6-9 inch and 50-60 Lbs. size advantage. Vikings chopped and hauled wood to build everything including their ships, which produces an accurate and powerful swing. They were so proficient at it they could construct a fort when they landed somewhere in a matter of hours. Not to mention the fact they had just spent a month or more rowing everyday. Vikings were also incredibly agile and balanced as most people who spend a lot of time crewing and fighting on ships are. They were essentially like olympic athletes with the best weapons and armor of that age. They fought against a huge range of people and always outperformed them. Also the viking axe or european blunter, stronger sword of that time would have crushed and hacked right through samurai armor where as the sharper but thinner and weaker katana type weapons would have been quickly ruined on viking chain mail, helmets and shields. The samurai just isn't even in the same league as the viking.

Back
Top Bottom