Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There isn't that many.
3D374D6B917E2DF26863FB21031C59295B57FFD1

Swyter said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Your a **** munching queer.

And you a lazy moron. Your mom would be proud. **** off.

Lel.

I'm sorry, just so happens that I'd rather be given a simple answer, then the rest of your sentence.
Just apply the patch and read instead of writing. Should be suffice.
Thank you, and I am a lazy **** and my mom would be very proud. I will **** off. Tottalooo

Edit: Seems your patch didnt work for ****.
Now I can't even load my save anymore before getting a item error and a ctd.

Nothing wrong with my head, just my brain. But Something must be wrong with yours you narcissistic prick.

Anyways, I managed to figure out what I did wrong, my dumbass downloaded the origonal mount and blade patch. So I deleted those files, grabed the ones from the patch and now I'm back to square one. Still crashes.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Nothing wrong with my head, just my brain. But Something must be wrong with yours you narcissistic prick.

Anyways, I managed to figure out what I did wrong, my dumbass downloaded the origonal mount and blade patch. So I deleted those files, grabed the ones from the patch and now I'm back to square one. Still crashes.

At least I'm having fun, you poor thing.

I+have+no+idea+what+I'm+doing+dog.jpg

Swyter said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:

At least I'm having fun, you poor thing.

I+have+no+idea+what+I'm+doing+dog.jpg

Having fun by getting no-where in your life and trying to be a ***** when someone ask a question. I'm sure you're very popular in life.

anne.jpg

I suck at memes

Swyter said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
found it
hillary.jpg

Alright, enough, if you want to send me pretty pics or love letters, do it by PM. Stop polluting the main thread with your stupidity.

Well, not to sound childish but... well. You started it by being ignorant and a smart ass.

Dismissed.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Swyter said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
found it
hillary.jpg

Alright, enough, if you want to send me pretty pics or love letters, do it by PM. Stop polluting the main thread with your stupidity.

Well, not to sound childish but... well. You started it by being ignorant and a smart ass.

Dismissed.

its tru, im sory bro. . .  how to isntal mod?1  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen::mrgreen:  :mrgreen: awsom avatar btw... .

Is there any way to make NPC leaders initiate a siege? The far north has been completely conquered except for Mt Gundabad for some 100 turns now, but no one from Dale/Erebor/Mirkwood even tries to attack it despite Gundabad's mere 2000 rating. Mirkwood has 8000 and they still won't attack. None of the good factions in the north are vulnerable to siege at the moment, but they spend all of their time patrolling around their capitals with huge armies.

Also, what does the "war council" option with faction leaders do? I'm currently rank 9 with Mirkwood but I can't do it because it requires 50 (insane) influence, and I've only got 20 left. Doesn't help that all of the Mirkwood leaders are giving me impossible missions now, and they never fight anything so I have no way to gain influence. The relic sword is fantastic though!

Edit: I finally ground up enough influence to ask for a "war council", but whenever I do my guy just says "never mind, I trust your judgment" and closes the dialogue. What's supposed to happen?

Swyter said:
ThefightingLegion said:
Swyter said:
Only two issues left, see Trello.
haahhahahahahahha then this,

Andöril said:
New bug to report. When sieging "Rhun Main Camp" both armies spawn in the same exact spot, on top of some tent. This is bad for a whoooole lot of reasons!  :wink:
Lol this forum is just too funny!
Mr.Milker said:
That's not a bug caused by the port.

Will be funnier when you find out I've fixed it anyways.
That, and all the Osgiliath sieges, plus Minas Morgul.

I don't get paid enough for this. Meh.

Edit: For AI mesh fans, here are screenies:
Code:
https://trello.com/c/kwo5ts3e/51-add-entry-points-for-enemies-in-siege-for-the-rhun-north-main-camp-center
So you fixed AI lords not having large hosts or both armies spawning in the same exact spot?

Andöril said:
Is there any way to make NPC leaders initiate a siege? The far north has been completely conquered except for Mt Gundabad for some 100 turns now, but no one from Dale/Erebor/Mirkwood even tries to attack it despite Gundabad's mere 2000 rating. Mirkwood has 8000 and they still won't attack. None of the good factions in the north are vulnerable to siege at the moment, but they spend all of their time patrolling around their capitals with huge armies.

Also, what does the "war council" option with faction leaders do? I'm currently rank 9 with Mirkwood but I can't do it because it requires 50 (insane) influence, and I've only got 20 left. Doesn't help that all of the Mirkwood leaders are giving me impossible missions now, and they never fight anything so I have no way to gain influence. The relic sword is fantastic though!

Edit: I finally ground up enough influence to ask for a "war council", but whenever I do my guy just says "never mind, I trust your judgment" and closes the dialogue. What's supposed to happen?

You need to meet certain conditions to give advice; like rank, influence, faction strength requirements (which can be tweaked and I described yesterday), and they shouldn't be gathering army or attacking things, also, certain traits are a plus.

And yes, you can suggest allied lords things like sieges, they appear in that dialog if the enemy city is in an active war theater and, again, if they meet some other requirements, with one option per siegable center, with the "Never mind, I trust your judgement." entry being the last one, used for going back.

Take note that, as explained in the FAQ, some centers can't just be sieged.
Like Isengard, which is special for certain reason.

ThefightingLegion said:
Swyter said:
Andöril said:
New bug to report. When sieging "Rhun Main Camp" both armies spawn in the same exact spot, on top of some tent. This is bad for a whoooole lot of reasons!  :wink:
Edit: For AI mesh fans, here are screenies:
Code:
https://trello.com/c/kwo5ts3e/51-add-entry-points-for-enemies-in-siege-for-the-rhun-north-main-camp-center
So you fixed AI lords not having large hosts or both armies spawning in the same exact spot?

Read the Trello card, I've fixed sieging the Rhûn North Camp, not only everyone appears where it should be, it will be fun.
Take a look to the AI mesh and you will know why. That is the path that the bots use to walk and helps them to navigate correctly.

This has to do with basic WB siege logic and the marshal concept (What follows are direct examples of my experience with the mod playing as Isengard, atm lothoriel has fallen and we are focusing on Rivendell, so I have seen plenty of "strange" things if you aren't used to the "quircks" of WB AI):

- A siege is started by the "Marshall" of each faction (The NPC that calls you... Or the one the rest of commander follow around). If it has low troops, it will not be able to go, so if you see a Marshal camped into a faction bastion with low troops you have to reinforce him (Just approach him and use the "...troop" dialog. He will only accept the ones of his faction... And will pay some of the costs, similarly as when you sell them to the barracks. Once you are stablished and with enough daily resource allocation, training and reinforcing your commanders is a very good way to tilt the balance of war).

- A Marshall will not move if it doesn't have an available target... This means that if some1 from another faction is keeping a city "locked" the rest may start idling, patrolling or simply camped at their bastions. After a certain "activity period" the marshals "take a rest" for a few weeks (The max I have seen is 2 months... On those lazy Haradrims :wink:). Another issue is that the current target requires scouting, if you see a faction that is reluctant to engage a far target, ask their commanders and sooner or later one will ask you to scout a given bastion... Complete the quest and observe what happens.

- Sieging a town and actually attacking it are different matters. I have seen a lot of "bug reports" about this, while in reality is an intended mechanic of WB. After a certain period, a sieging force will evaluate its total levels vs the levels of the defenders, if they don't have enough advantage they will stay there awaiting reinforcements. 2 Things a player can do: a) Bring same faction troops to the camped commanders so their total levels raise, b) Camp nearby as the player's own troops' levels count at the moment of this checks. Notice that I speak about total levels... Not ammount of troops. That's why you see orc commanders with 2:1 ratio hesitant to attack an elven bastion... While the "careless" umbarians attack with less than 2:1... Orc troops are of much lower level than elven.

Sorry for the length of the explanation, but I hope it helps ppl with the strategic elements of WB and this mod.

ragamer said:

This has to do with basic WB siege logic and the marshal concept (What follows are direct examples of my experience with the mod playing as Isengard, atm lothoriel has fallen and we are focusing on Rivendell, so I have seen plenty of "strange" things if you aren't used to the "quircks" of WB AI):

Sorry for the length of the explanation, but I hope it helps ppl with the strategic elements of WB and this mod.

Actually, we aren't using any WB code or mechanics in the TLD WB port. It's all a custom coded war system. It's true that the behaviour is very alike, but TLD is still a M&B 1.011 mod which happens to work in Warband.

I've read most of that code, written originally by MadVader. And is pretty neat, and tweakable.

--

Edit: Here I explained what some of the more arcane Strategic options do.

Actually, we aren't using any WB code or mechanics in the TLD WB port. It's all a custom coded war system. It's true that the behaviour is very alike, but TLD is still a M&B 1.011 mod which happens to work in Warband.

That's why I told about the observations on the mod... And this "quirks" are shared also between WB and MB. I haven't checked all the innards (just troops, parties and menus)... I just do what I learned on other mods/vanilla and works.

Back
Top Bottom