Tides of Infamy - v0.04 is ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

A game set in a fantasy world with six factions battling it out over the world of, lets call it cadabria. The player must chose which faction to join or create a new faction and conquer cadabria alone!

hey, and you could have multi player battles as well, with mods to turn the game into anything your imagination will let you!

oh wait...

Geren said:
Burgass said:
A complex building game!
Kronic said:
A Survival Horror game with emphasis on survival rather than combat; and RPG elements.

A hybrid.

+1 here. Something where you use building and physics to slaughter zombies, surviving huge zombie waves. Would be better than the usual guns 'n chainsaw crap

Amagic said:
Geren said:
Burgass said:
A complex building game!
Kronic said:
A Survival Horror game with emphasis on survival rather than combat; and RPG elements.

A hybrid.

+1 here. Something where you use building and physics to slaughter zombies, surviving huge zombie waves. Would be better than the usual guns 'n chainsaw crap

I was thinking of something more...base development oriented, without too much mindless running around with the laser scissors and a canned bean fueled jetpack.

The zombies aren't a must for me, either. It'd be hard enough to survive on your own in the wastelands of the world. Although, I must agree, that'd be a bit dull without any enemies.

Something like "I'm alive", or whatever that game's name was.

Swadius said:
Imagine a globe that you can right click and move around.On this globe are two distinctly neon coloured dots. It's sort of like an RTS but you will have no direct control over the individual units, instead giving general orders to vast sections of these dots as they wage their terrible wars against one another. As you imagine, pushing in one direction would make the flanks lower in your dots, leading to you being vulnerable to flanking maneuvers.

Positioning of strongholds, trenchlines, and artillery lines will be of strategic importance, you'll just have to leave the tactics up to our fellow dots.

This. This is brilliant.
Simple graphics, maybe a mouse only interface, troop movement is designated by drawing shapes. Drawing a rectangle designates a 'trench' area, which the 'particles' would crowd into forming a defensive line, a circle/triangle would designate a firebase, giving any of the dots that move into it greater range/damage, an arrow or line would designate a move order, causing a portion of the dots to move in that direction. Mouse wheel could be used to increase/decrease the priority the dots give different orders.

I personally like the sphere idea, but a circular dish could simplify the gameplay and help give the gameplay a theme. Petri dish warfare! Give orders to your bacteria and watch them grow to defend and attack for total microscopic dommmmminaaaaaaaaaation!

Human V. AI would be fun, but I could see it being a great quick multiplayer time killer.

Also, maybe a stupidly difficult survival game ala Robinson's Reqium? Ever play Notrium?

I made a thread detailing discussing one idea, I am not padantic about 3d/2d:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162062.0.html

I haven't had time to update the thread as of recent due to UNI work.

Btw what happened to your old project?

Amagic said:

Here's where I disagree - the emphasis should be on evade and survive, not "slaughter".

Maaan. I can't seem to find a copy of the original Notrium before it got ruined by adding in all the modding community tripe. Simple top down, Sci-Fi Robinson Crusoe survival, running in terror from the things that dwell in the darkness of the jungle, trying to survive first and escape second. Then they got rid of the random map, added a thousand over the top items, traded out the unique and fun (if frustrating) crafting puzzle for a load bar and threw in a couple of hundred NPC humans just to destroy whatever fun and immersion the game had left. D:

It would be nice if someone made a serious attempt at a survival game that actually required you to try and survive rather than just grind up to makeshift space marine slaughter time.

rejenorst said:
Btw what happened to your old project?
Cruel fate and hard drive spontaneous combustion.

I've always loved citybuilding games, so far DF has been the most extensive of them all. But I would love it if it were a bit more like black and white series.

A game with a building and terraforming system like that from Würm or Minecraft mixed with the combat system from Warband.

Kronic said:

Preferably with old school zombies.

I second this. It'd be even better if it was multiplayer as well with some sort of day/night cycle.

I remember having a dream once as a kid, basically a robot customisation/dressup kind of game. Being able to choose a variety of body parts, and that was about it.
Don't know what one could do from that point on.

Back
Top Bottom