The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Can The Witcher 3 beat skyrim?

• Yes Indeed

Votes: 186 86.5%
  • No Of course

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

16:27 made me cringe a bit. They probably wanted people to laugh at that point but the silence gave me horrible presentation giving memories. Nice presentation, but I wish the guy giving it was more charismatic.

Y mang. This makes me tear eyed. I am not going to be able to run that until 2020.

What comforts me is that this is apparently the last franchise entry, so I'll be able to catch up evenetually...but I am somehow very doubtful about that.

I have to say it's hard to not preorder, looking at the massive list of bonus stuff. 26€ cheaper than retail if you have both Witchers already, a 15$ coupon to GoG, Neverwinter Nights for free, beta access to their boardgame, and I don't think I paid more than $5 for the first two games combined so they kinda deserve it anyway.

Ljas said:
I have to say it's hard to not preorder, looking at the massive list of bonus stuff. 26€ cheaper than retail if you have both Witchers already, a 15$ coupon to GoG, Neverwinter Nights for free, beta access to their boardgame, and I don't think I paid more than $5 for the first two games combined so they kinda deserve it anyway.

If I were to preorder based on which devs I think deserve it and are reliable, CD projekt would be my number one choice.

Sherlock Holmes said:
Vorstadtkid said:

dis gon b gud

Is the video from the summer conference stream?
It ended just recently
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/8717080/events/3063017

Don't know, I just saw it on their FB page with the notice that pre-order is now possible.

Dat mounted combat looks really intense.
The Wildking of Huntmar looks pretty coolio.
Who's the white woman?

Ljas said:
10394587_759730597423380_6159011936306537178_n.jpg
10409275_10203511527964736_3256607289475880141_n.jpg

Ljas said:
I know, right?
I'm actually completely hyped for this. And oddly enough I don't even expect it to be atrocious as a result.

Vorstadtkid said:
Who's the white woman?

Ciri I'd guess. Though I haven't read the books. Young girl, connected to Geralt, white hair, returning from another dimension like the Wild Hunt, seem to be equipped like a witcher.
Plus they've talked about her quite a bit in the games.

She was promised to Gerald after he did something for her mother. She was trained as a Witcher and later as a mage after Nilfgaard annihilated her kingdom and she had to flee.
She went wandering various dimensions, even landing in King Arthur's "era" at a point trying to flee Nilfgaard who were trying to marry her to their Emperor because she's the last legal heir to her small kingdom. Turns out he's her dad, by the way :lol:
Oh, and Ciri had a lesbian relationship with a paedophile female bandit for a few years. No. Joke.

Said invasion kicked off the war were... the redhead female mage, forgot the name sorry, got her scars and "died" and all that. Brenna and so on where the follow up war, still connected to that. The new war in the end of Witcher 2 is effectively a result of that as well.
In the end she returned from the various dimensions, travelled with Jeneffer to the city were Gerald got killed by the stable boy and then transports them both to "Albion" where Gerald heals.

Oh, she also visited the dimension the Wild Hunt comes from.
Elves in a different dimension cross over to hunt for slaves. Roles are effectively reversed there compared to the "regular" Witcher world.
The spectres that make up the Wild Hunt are only projections.
And they're mean mother****ers. Their king wants to **** Ciri because she's the likely last heir in a line of humans that are the result of a ages old plan to create superior "super" beings, but he's too ****ed up on the Witcher's equivalent to Cocaine to get hard :lol:
No. Joke. I am absolutely serious here.

After that the plot is explained in the awesome "flashbacks" in Witcher 2.
Before writing this down I never really realised how ****ed up Sapkowski is.

Back
Top Bottom