The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Can The Witcher 3 beat skyrim?

• Yes Indeed

Votes: 186 86.5%
  • No Of course

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's also personal responsibility to think about others and not spoil things that don't need to be spoilt. Duh. There are two sides to this deep, forever stirring conundrum.

Amontadillo? said:
That's dumb. This is just as much a thread for people who are looking to buy or mod the game looking for recommendations or minor tech support, among other things. That's been the case for essentially all game threads.

This.

Obviously people should expect to see spoilers in YouTube comments or whatever hellscape they are visiting, but most game threads on this forum consist of many different people that have or have not played said game all joining in with the discussion. The general ethics here are if it's a spoiler, put it in spoilers. It's been that way for as long as I've been here.

Personal responsibility does come into it. However, someone carelessly posting huge plot spoilers with the strange assumption that nobody new will ever play the game again is not in any way respectful or considerate.

It takes no effort to put something in spoilers, so do it.

For what it's worth on rewatching the video, my first post that provoked the "omg spoilers" response mentioned a character who died in the beginning sequence of the second game (hence the name), one who is commonly known to be engaged in open war against the Empire as of the end of the second game (and is a very unlike-able psychopath) making their death not just possible but probable, and a character whose fate I did not mention specifically but whose absence is specifically mentioned in the video.

So, the biggest spoiler I posted initially was that, uh, kings are killed? The name of the second game is literally "Assassins of Kings," so it's hardly a shocker.

My second post was me showing you the dragon tattoo on my penis in the seedy bar, metaphorically.
BM5LomOCEAAgld8.jpg

Been playing around with Ghost Mode. Not sure if I want to continue with it though - I like the difficulty and the customizable scaling (I like to kill fast and die faster), but I'm getting frustrated with having to manage my inventory more actively. I might try this new mod out instead, which is apparently from one of the developers.

Moose! said:
Been playing around with Ghost Mode. Not sure if I want to continue with it though - I like the difficulty and the customizable scaling (I like to kill fast and die faster), but I'm getting frustrated with having to manage my inventory more actively. I might try this new mod out instead, which is apparently from one of the developers.

Aye, just saw that tweak mod. It might be ideal for my next play through. Cool that it's made by a dev, and that CD Projekt devs actually have the freedom and desire to do this. :smile:

I feel like most other devs *cough*EA drones*cough* are literally chained to their desks in office dungeons having their souls sucked away from them.

Llew said:
Moose! said:

Aye, just saw that tweak mod. It might be ideal for my next play through. Cool that it's made by a dev, and that CD Projekt devs actually have the freedom and desire to do this. :smile:

I feel like most other devs *cough*EA drones*cough* are literally chained to their desks in office dungeons having their souls sucked away from them.
Indeed, especially the bold. I guess that's part of the reason why EA hasn't made anything spectacular in a long time, and CD Projekt just made the best videogame in many, many years, and will leave a legacy for one of the best games of all time.

I've actually heard that working for them is a pretty **** job that essentially amounts to year-round crunch time. I mean, I've heard it on various forums and places that aren't concrete, but I've heard it repeatedly.

Wellenbrecher said:
This is retarded logic.
There is a reasonable cut-off date where you can expect that interested parties will have consumed whatever media we are talking about. :???:.

brompost time

But this is a video game and requires that interested parties be capable of playing said game on their machine. I want to play this, in fact I want to finish the 2nd one first. But I struggle enough to run the 2nd game on my PC. There's no way I'm going to be able to play 3 until I upgrade my machine. So I want to play it, I just can't yet. :sad:

Not that I'm complaining about spoilers. Just saying why I haven't played it yet.  :razz:

That's a good point that furthers the growing cause against Wellen. You know I actually had to seek counselling after Wellen sprayed insanity over this thread. You're a good man/woman/zhe, Doge Benis.

I don't care that you aren't talking about spoilers, I'm going to appropriate your presence anyway. I control you.

The Doge of Benis said:
brompost time

But this is a video game and requires that interested parties be capable of playing said game on their machine. I want to play this, in fact I want to finish the 2nd one first. But I struggle enough to run the 2nd game on my PC. There's no way I'm going to be able to play 3 until I upgrade my machine. So I want to play it, I just can't yet. :sad:

Not that I'm complaining about spoilers. Just saying why I haven't played it yet.  :razz:
That's a fair point.

[youtube= https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1358&v=AynvqY4cN8M] CD projekt = USSR[/MEDIA]

But no seriously I think it's just managed in a very Polish/East-European manner. It has risen to a more or less international company [In terms of staff] but hasn't realised that their standards need to rise with that as well, as to comfort their employees.

Back
Top Bottom