SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

That's a shame  :sad: , I hope you get the permission  :lol:

Nice mods you make by the way  :razz:

Are you going to work on "Fires of War" and "The Sword And The Axe" both at the same time ?

kraggrim said:
Isn't Brytenwalda OSP now?
tbh, I don't know, but I'll ask.

King Richard said:
That's a shame  :sad: , I hope you get the permission  :lol:

Nice mods you make by the way  :razz:

Are you going to work on "Fires of War" and "The Sword And The Axe" both at the same time ?
Thanks, glad you like them. I will continue working, but I found a second job, so my spare tme is really limited.  :smile:

I've realized I haven't thanked enough of the modders whose work I truly enjoy.  :oops:

Here's a belated THANK YOU! for making two very enjoyable ones ("The Sword and The Axe" & "Fires of War")! You've managed to hit 2 of my favorite eras.  :mrgreen:

OldGreyBeard said:
I've realized I haven't thanked enough of the modders whose work I truly enjoy.  :oops:

Here's a belated THANK YOU! for making two very enjoyable ones ("The Sword and The Axe" & "Fires of War")! You've managed to hit 2 of my favorite eras.  :mrgreen:

Glad you like them! Stay tuned, because new version for both mods is coming!

MithrellaS said:
holy ****. Never seen this mod. Going to try it out hehe.  :shock:

Hope you'll like it!

Also, I realized that some time passed without any updates, so:

Version 3.5 is going to be released soon. This time, I changed most of the troops to more historical ones, more balanced and more in-line with the era (no more 10th century huscarls). Also, a huge item overhaul has taken place. Kept most of the usual mod items, added loads and loads more, all time and place relevant, I hope. For all the weapons, I changed the length to reflect true item proportions, because before it had extra centimeters of 'air', meaning that you could use a seax with a range of a sword. Now, all weapons have their true length, which is in most cases shorter than before, resulting in better combat and troop behaviour. Spearmen are now actually useful, because they can harm other types of troops before they hurt them. At the same time, when an axeman/ swordsman closes in, they lose their advantage, because I gave all spears close to no swing damage (how much can you hurt a guy with a shield using swings of wood?).

Archery has also been changed, with bows now dealing little 'damage'. What deals the damage is the arrows. Also, a lot of new features has been added, like the ability to choose battle side, with increase or decrease in faction relations, revamped tournaments etc.

Antonis said:
Version 3.5 is going to be released soon. This time, I changed most of the troops to more historical ones, more balanced and more in-line with the era (no more 10th century huscarls). Also, a huge item overhaul has taken place. Kept most of the usual mod items, added loads and loads more, all time and place relevant, I hope. For all the weapons, I changed the length to reflect true item proportions, because before it had extra centimeters of 'air', meaning that you could use a seax with a range of a sword. Now, all weapons have their true length, which is in most cases shorter than before, resulting in better combat and troop behaviour. Spearmen are now actually useful, because they can harm other types of troops before they hurt them. At the same time, when an axeman/ swordsman closes in, they lose their advantage, because I gave all spears close to no swing damage (how much can you hurt a guy with a shield using swings of wood?).

Archery has also been changed, with bows now dealing little 'damage'. What deals the damage is the arrows. Also, a lot of new features has been added, like the ability to choose battle side, with increase or decrease in faction relations, revamped tournaments etc.

Wow, these are some interesting changes! That'll change the combat dynamics a bunch. The arrows though ... a major factor in arrow penetration and damage is the pull of the bow. I'm very interested in how that plays out. Hope I'll soon find out! :wink:

So far, the combat is interesting. I found that spearmen are really useful, when pit against infantry with close combat weapons. In Native game and earlier versions of the mod, they were pretty bad, since swords and axes had greater damage values and good range (which was 'ghost' range since for example a sword had 100 range, while its true length was 82. That resulted in 18 extra range units, that dealt damage without the weapon touching the enemy). Now, you need to encircle or go very close to spearmen.

Also, I increased the shield hit points and durability. Shields exploding to splinters after 2 or 3 hits from a powerful enemy(that was really silly) are gone. 

OldGreyBeard said:

Exactly my thinking. Thank you so much Antonis for creating such gems.

Back
Top Bottom