The State of Melee - Proposed Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Reney said:
Wohoo best players from MM are for new melee, i think vicenzo don´t have another choice :grin:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChangeNW

Join the group for more overview. When its changed you can leave or we edit the name in revoluters or something else.
It may be the steam names, because I notice a distinct lack of "best players". I would say three of them as most.

Reney said:
PS: I totally agree, since i have NW i played about ... 5hours and say ... not anymore ...
Well, that explains quite a lot, really.

KArantukki said:
I only have to say: Change Melee, in MM you could fight against 5 and you are able to kill them because your good, but now you fight against against three or more and they spam you to dead.  :cry:
You still have options, but even if you didnt... whats the problem? They are 5....

You should always be able to kill all enemies ... say your´e playing a shooter, you should be able to kill all enemies, but you´re not able to kill them all in NW now.

You dont have a really chance to kill 5 enemies in NW, in MM you had. Because the balance between blocking and attacking was pretty balanced so you could block and attack, except 2 of them are hitting you, then you must block and wait for the best chance to attack, same by 3-XXX

It may be the steam names, because I notice a distinct lack of "best players". I would say three of them as most.

There are about 10-25 regimentleader/coleader, about 20-30 ppls who easily could beat you down :wink:

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Uh oh, they have a steam group. I guess Vincenzo will HAVE to change the mechanics now!

Better?;

m49v5zgz6u7.png

tis5v6cmkf.png

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Uh oh, they have a steam group. I guess Vincenzo will HAVE to change the mechanics now!

Lol, that's exactly why i haven't joined. Anything that needs to be said about melee can be done here.

I think the steam group is fine. It's just there if anyone doubts the amount of support there is for this, not as something that's going to be leading the drive for change. It's the solid arguments that Hekko and co. are putting forward that's paving the way for change.

I'm starting to care less if it stays as it is or not. Summer is coming, it's been about 30 degrees in Scotland all week. I already smell the nights outside with the BBQ on the beach...

I'm starting to care less if it stays as it is or not. Summer is coming, it's been about 30 degrees in Scotland all week. I already smell the nights outside with the BBQ on the beach...

Our weather is quite ridiculous but i bet it rain all summer. :/

I know exactly what Maboobs means. I ain't even outgoing, yet I still find myself going outside, and just generally lying on sofa with bay doors wide open.
But still, it is disappointing to know that a game I used to enjoy is just a bit naff now :neutral:

I think what Hekko has mentioned is apparent for most of the types of combat in NW. He stated that melee doesn't live up to its potential, and while that is true, it can also be true for just about any combat style there is.

When speaking of artillery, the limited turn speed, as well as the inability to move your character while aiming makes it much harder to utilize the cannon to its full potential. I mean personally I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to suicide via cannon anymore. That, while being my main source of entertainment, was extremely important to me as a cannoneer, and to have these abilities limited or removed saddens me greatly.

Just as well, no jump crouch???!?!

A lot of the most entertaining things about MM has been removed or limited in NW, and while NW is still extremely well made and a great game, I feel that the little quirks and the refined combat systems are what truly made the MM we loved for so long.

The old melee system was much more rewarding. IF you got good, you were very good. However now anyone can beat anyone, through luck such as hits on registering.

Agreed.
I have always said about any changes, and still do, it is catering for the noobs who can't be bothered to learn how to fight.

Back
Top Bottom