The State of Melee - Proposed Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

The server/tournament are indeed NvsN, however, after casulties the situation changes, the times when you saw someone have a comback in a 1v3 situation were rare indeed.

But thats not outnumbering, thats NvsN... (?)

Which is quite different.

From the videos i personally seen it would appear that those involved and i released that the first team to lose one player pretty much loses the round. :smile:

That's the point I was trying to illustrate, that if you outnumber the enemy in MM you had the upper hand, and accordingly stating the oposite and using that as an argument for anything is null and void.

Alrighty, we could make a mod with the old melee system?
Im sure a lot of people want the MM melee back, because this is just terrible.
I am also sure that we go make reloading slower and we gonna remove this high accurucy.
Who likes to see that?

Kipsleverworst said:
Alrighty, we could make a mod with the old melee system?
Im sure a lot of people want the MM melee back, because this is just terrible.
I am also sure that we go make reloading slower and we gonna remove this high accurucy.
Who likes to see that?

I totally agree but im also interested in some other ideas.

Its like a flight simulation without flying, and we want arcade i also say

None of the melee mechanics and what makes NW melee are realistic to be honest i mean i am sure when going into melee regiments didn't mass face hug spin and feint.

Feint is the absolute standard in WBs melee, one of the pillars that make the melee somehow more interesting than attack block attack block. I dont know why people talk about it like it was an obscure and dirty mechanic.

And yes, people spinned like madmans. People still try to spin, but stepping back is more effective than before (prob due to the longer reach of the bayo and slower turn speed).

Maboobs said:
This is what Vince wanted. Like he said, he logged onto MM once and all he saw was "pro uber l33t" players spin stabbing everyone and it put him off that new players couldn't even get a chance. Now new players have a chance, while better players will still win most of the time. I fail to see any need to change the melee other than iron out the buggy stuff.

I'm sorry, but that is utter nonsense. I don't care if Vincenzo says it himself. I had no problems with spinners, 90% of the players i had any respect for had little problem with spinners, and that't not just the "uber l33t" guys.

If a spinner killed you regularly, you were ****, no ifs or but's about it. Nothing about being a noob. If you got your ass handed to you by a spinner you didn't deserve to have an opinion on melee, because again, you were absolute ****.

I brought new players into MM(and quite a few) and in under a day they could chamber and kill spinners with ease. It wasn't a difficult melee system to learn, but it was tricky to master and know when and where to use the variety of weapons at your disposal.

Edit: Fixing the buggy stuff is fine, but people don't seem to realise that almost everything in Hekko's list is a major problem for skilled melee combat. I think that saying "fix the glitches" almost glosses over the sheer amount of problems with it.

Feint is the absolute standard in WBs melee, one of the pillars that make the melee somehow more interesting than attack block attack block. I dont know why people talk about it like it was an obscure and dirty mechanic.

And yes, people spinned like madmans. People still try to spin, but stepping back is more effective than before (prob due to the longer reach of the bayo and slower turn speed).

I was not saying it is a dirty mechanic i actually think it is one of the key components to having a good melee system in proportion to other things but i was merely stating that it is not realistic and some people somewhat stated.

Edit: Vorlen i totally agree plus the new players still don't have a chance because i reckon most of the "pro uber l33t" players could still beat them no problem with a simple feint.

Leberecht Reinhold said:

I am not making feinting out to be a filthy exploit or anything because it's not. I am, however, saying that for the sake of an interesting and diverse melee with a high skill ceiling feinting needs to be toned down in order to make way for other techniques viable as well. Because as it stands at the moment there is no downside to feinting, no way to turn the tables on the feinter and this means that feinting is a dominant technique which will almost make all other "relic" techniques extinct.

Doubt there is any point in bothering. If the devs actually cared they would have responded. But as still a large part of the players like the current system they seem to not want to even try to fix anything. Just find a new game, its pretty pointless.

Klyvare said:
Doubt there is any point in bothering. If the devs actually cared they would have responded. But as still a large part of the players like the current system they seem to not want to even try to fix anything. Just find a new game, its pretty pointless.

I do think that we should keep in mind that the Vince has alot of server related issues and other bugfixes that he has to deal with, which are way more accute that this.

Agreed. The new melee system is just simply a joke. As I have said before in posts about this, it has been catered for the noobs, just because they don't want to take the time to learn how to play this game.
There are bugs which just ruin the game. I barely play anymore, used to be on MM almost all the time, now. I get bored of NW within about 10 minutes. I only really play for a large amount of times in events, and even then, it is usually just for the banter.

Wardr1 said:
Agreed. The new melee system is just simply a joke. As I have said before in posts about this, it has been catered for the noobs, just because they don't want to take the time to learn how to play this game.
There are bugs which just ruin the game. I barely play anymore, used to be on MM almost all the time, now. I get bored of NW within about 10 minutes. I only really play for a large amount of times in events, and even then, it is usually just for the banter.

Wohoo best players from MM are for new melee, i think vicenzo don´t have another choice :grin:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChangeNW

Join the group for more overview. When its changed you can leave or we edit the name in revoluters or something else.

PS: I totally agree, since i have NW i played about ... 5hours and say ... not anymore ...

I only have to say: Change Melee, in MM you could fight against 5 and you are able to kill them because your good, but now you fight against against three or more and they spam you to dead.  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom