The Stargate Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Ankios

Recruit
Hi everybody,

I began to play to Mount and Blade a few months ago. I tried a few mods since the beginning, and I played a lot especially to Europe 1200 and the Hundred years war. yep I was mostly looking for historical games back then ^^

But for some time, I began to think about the possibility of playing a Stargate mod for two reasons :

1) I am dying to one day eventually find a good Stargate RPG, even as a mod. But it seems it will never happen.
2) The feodal system that works perfectly in MnB would be terrific I think to recreate the way the Goa'uld Empire works before the Taury and its allies destroy it. (And actually also the wraith )

And of course, Warband is a blessing for this idea. The possibility to create our own kingdom makes way to create a fine RPG where we cn play for example a minor Goa'uld which comes from forming his little band of human slaves  and later jaffas with the goal to one day become a more successfull and powerfull goa'uld. Or the same idea can be used with a jaffa, a pirate, etc...

So ! That brings us to today. All the tools are here with MnB to create a great mod for Stargate, and the pre-Taury background is good enough to let us create a HUGE story for a little part of the milky way where minor goa'ulds gaffas and pirates are fighting for power. So I began to launch the first ideas for myself.

I must add that I never tried until now to mod for MnB (I only modded for strategy games until now) and I have a very low knowledge in 3D moddeling. So how am I hoping to work on this mod ? learning first of all (I created a playable and enjoyable mod on an other game all by myslef, with no knoledge at all on this game at the begining) and team work. i already work with a team that mod for Stargate. I am waiting to see how much of them are interested by this idea on MnB, and this could bring a lot of help. I also plan to begin more seriously on 3D work to be able to do some work by myself. And of course I am writing this first post to know if there is some people interested by this idea.  This is mostly a thread to for brainstorming discussion and recruitment. And I hope some people will be interested.

Currently, my goals are focused on  few things (very modest to begin, to see if it can be done and if people are thrilled by it) :

- I will be focused on arenas. yep that's strange. My idea is to put in place the basical needs for a "stargate" fighting environment which includes :

- jaffas that will fight into arenas with staff weapons
- first 3D models (the most important part being the staff weapon, working for shoting and close combat. Probably two linked weapons, one that shoot and one that only allow close combat. And probably a first try at jaffa armors/uniforms/helmets).
- lots of testing to make this work. The medieval arenas are great  because medieval environment works great with the goa'uld background.

Of course i will not delete the rest of the game so it ill be possible to play as usual in the game. it will just be with a powerfull jaffa staff weapon, which should bring a nice idea of what would be in place for a complete mod : lots humans slaves with basical weapons and sometimes a jaffa patrol when there is not a huge war (at least it is supposed to be like that in the background, even if we never see it like this in the show).

I hope you guys will like this idea. I certainly hope to have some nice work done in the coming weeks to propose to you a nice fighting game in arenas; And after that, why not a great mod !!! :smile:

PS : I noticed some people are indeed interested by the idea : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67559.msg1746128.html

Uhhh.....

First of all, its Tau'ri. Never ever make that mistake again.

Second of all, if youre making a Stargate mod, it should have something to do with THE BLOODY STARGATE! Not some arena fighting with staff weapons.

You. Didnt. See. Anything.

So yeah. I dont know what my point wa- Oh yeah. First mod? Ever? And its about Stargate? You got some balls.

Rize said:
Hey, Temuzu, wasn't your mod supposed to be a secret?
ffffuuuu.jpg

Have to addmit I haven't seen this mod idea for quite some time. It may be fun, but to make it the REAL BIG THING it would need combined resources of BSG, both star wars mods, The Lunar War, C:MW and Festung Breslau.
With your current resources you can only do a conversion of the factions to SG theme (poorly if you haven't got someone to make models for you.

Hey thanks for the replies, I love the fact that so many people might be interested by this.

I must say that you should not wait for it in the coming days !!! :smile: and most of all I decided to begin that mostly because there is no other mods. My hope is that after some work some people more skilled than me will decide to take this project for themselves and work on it more quickly than I will ever be able to !!!

But this is why I plan to work on fights in arena mostly : not a lot to do to make it work, this is a perfect first step in my opinion to create something that will work.

For models, I do hope to be able to recruit some people I am alredy working with on n other project. and to be honest this is also the way to motivate myself : this way I know I will work on 3D models to improve my skills in it  :oops:

So here's the thing : I wish begin to do it but I know I can't do it alone. If my early works motivate someone, I do believe there is lots of possibilities to create a great mod !!!

Never ask people do work for you, unless you are known or something or have to some nice solid work done.

UnboundZero said:
Never ask people do work for you, unless you are known or something or have to some nice solid work done.

I'm not asking for anyone to work for me :smile: I am saying that I began to do some work, willing to know if some people are interested and when some work will be done I'll see if there is some real interest. And if there is well I'll plan something more important...

I'm just making some teasing and marketing here  :wink:

SXIII said:
Noone found a way to do that in the current game - you can do it in Warband though.

Really ? that's a good news !!! I was planning to create two weapons, one for close combat and the other one that shoots... but if warband allows it it's perfect

If there's going to be humans P90's and G36's!!!!!!!. Sounds alright besides arena thingo. Could you make a stargate as a door so when you open it you get teleported to some city?

Well as said higher, I will begin slowly at first, to have the time to create things right ASAP. However, I don't really see how having the SGC could be simple to implement with the stargate background. however, to have SGC weapons in time is totally possible: sold or used by jaffa rebels or directly given by the SGC to jaffa or human rebels.

About Stargates, of course it will have to be present. But this too is not my first goal. I saw too many stargate mods developped with in priority the possibility to go through the stargate with nothing else to do. So the first betas are boring and developpers of those mods just stop working on them because no one follow them.

I think the high realism of MnB permit to create some really cool fights. So in mind, the first goal must be arenas to create a nice way to use stargate weapons. The possibility that warband brings to have multiplayer fights might also be a way to give life and popularity to this mod. And just with those two possibility, it will be possible to have some first nice single player games !!!

Back
Top Bottom