The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught said:
CutContent said:
You should add some mesopotamian stuff! It'd be pretty killer to see Gods like Molek, Ellil or El the lion footed god  :grin:

Eh, Mesopotamia is mostly not on my radar. Greek equivalents are what I would try for (and they likely exist). Thank you for the suggestion, though. :smile:

themightytemplar said:
I am enjoying plaing as a fairy-ghost-antihero-ghoul at the moment, and want to ask if you can include some fairy/nature troops?
In my opinion. fairy (especially ghost fairy) characters feel like a ancient nature spirits of calradia, who were awakened by the rising force of the blood fountain and the new evil faction.
Although the ghostwood-weapons are nice and visually fit really well to the horsemans curse, most necromantic items are better in almost all aspects. So I had the idea to give fairies the power to lead the forces of nature against evil by giving them unique nature-themed troops.
When benefitting from ghostwood weapons, you get the message "the power of the ghostwood makes you feel like the master of the woodland realm" (or similar),
and i think leading a woodland-realm army of nature spirits against the forces of death and destruction would be really, really awesome. I imagine this last resistance of Calradia's nature spirits similar to the march of the Ents to Isengart in Lord of the Rings.

I have considered that, and it might happen. At this point though, the concept is that benevolent faires would be rare and scared. If I did add a troop like that, it would more likely be Ghostwood women, constructed by the character.

Oak, Ash and Thorn would have a little company then. :lol:

I believe that would be the point though, the player would be left with the challenge of trying to convince the spirits to stand up and fight against this rising darkness. Could make for an incredibly interesting story arc, given that if the player fails to provide a convincing argument to go to war, they could receive any combination of consequences. Where if the player fails on the warfront if they do manage to convince the spirits that war is their best interest, it would mean the extinction of their race (which naturally brings bad enough consequences of it's own).

I think most of your Quests/Blood Fountain Talks/Other Information should update some sort of log. Just for the players to keep track of their quests etc.

And there should be a little more hints about various missions. For example, how can a player know that the answer to the Nightmare Cube is a coded Greek Pi?

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I think most of your Quests/Blood Fountain Talks/Other Information should update some sort of log. Just for the players to keep track of their quests etc.

And there should be a little more hints about various missions. For example, how can a player know that the answer to the Nightmare Cube is a coded Greek Pi?

Eventually I plan to roll everything up into an actual quest line. That's going to be a major addition.

And there is a hint in the nightmare realm...

The number combination is actually laid out in bones on the ground in one place. And the references to Pythagoras point toward Pythagoras' constant - a radical number, which is the square root of 2.

It is obscure, but that's how I like it. I'm looking forward to the very rare things people eventually. Some are so rare they may never be found...

Sorry I don't know what is the point of Prophecy. No seriously having no money, denar and having two filths isn't exactly something worth choosing when there is something else right?

The Kingslayer said:
Also can anyone tell me what "you feel invogirated when holding a wooden weapon" as fairy means.

You gain a 10% health increase if you are holding a wooden weapon (that you create via camp menu). You gain a 25% increase if you are wielding a Ghostwood weapon (must become a Ghost first).

Digital Donut said:
The Kingslayer said:
Also can anyone tell me what "you feel invogirated when holding a wooden weapon" as fairy means.

You gain a 10% health increase if you are holding a wooden weapon (that you create via camp menu). You gain a 25% increase if you are wielding a Ghostwood weapon (must become a Ghost first).

That is.... actually quite op. Thanks for the information

The Kingslayer said:
Digital Donut said:
The Kingslayer said:

That is.... actually quite op. Thanks for the information

The Ghostwood weapons are actually incredibly strong as well, so being a Fairy is quite effective in combat. (Additionally you can enter the Faire through the Underworld gate in Veidar at the cost of 1 Ghostwood)

The Kingslayer said:
Sorry I don't know what is the point of Prophecy. No seriously having no money, denar and having two filths isn't exactly something worth choosing when there is something else right?

Oh there is something else, and it is rather epic, and based on the deeds of your character. You'll have to wait til level 30 though.

Are there any hints or guides to finding The Black Baron/ the Evil faction's claimant?
Because if not that's today's suggestion from Danny.

You must be an Antihero, and find the proper village. This would be better to ask in the "Discoveries" section of the forum.

N0ught said:
The Kingslayer said:

Oh there is something else, and it is rather epic, and based on the deeds of your character. You'll have to wait til level 30 though.

F*ck yeah time to do some prophecy

Would there be any way to add the ability to speed up time while traveling? Like in Warband with ctrl+ space. It's just that the long time consuming journeys you have to make to get resources can become a real drag after a while.

Killamanjaronation said:
Would there be any way to add the ability to speed up time while traveling? Like in Warband with ctrl+ space. It's just that the long time consuming journeys you have to make to get resources can become a real drag after a while.
I've seen some mod for M&B do this, so it's possible, I think it was a menu option there. Though with the familiar-feeding those journeys become somewhat of a Tamagotchi-esque hypnotic experience right now.

To make this post a little less pointless: slap Ambient Occlusion on some of the models. It's just a single operation (that can be Ctrl+R'd) in openBRF and it really helps with the look of some models, especially those with prominent depth, like the Fleshburner or Vampire helmets, by fixing the (unintentionally) unnatural shininess of, say, the empty eye sockets of a regular ol' skull.

Doublepost, but separate idea: some Necronomicon QoL improvements.

- a button to go back a page, rolling back to the last page from page 1 if possible without breaking the level requirements check
- mass dismember for parts - the same way, say, Iron to Gold works. It's a bit tedious to repeat the same pattern of clicks ten times in a row for Gold Golems, ferex.

A revision of suggestion I once proposed.The 6th tier troop are hard to obtain but it is worth to get. Some of them require necromancy to be used, but some might be get through quest.

1.Swadian Champion - The cream of Swadian knighthoods. The Champions can be recruit if you prove to be a worthy person by doing a knightly combat quest with them if you win then good, however if you lose the fight it will be an instant death  :twisted:
2.Nord Einherjar - These warriors cried out for the Furies for vengeance and justice. A wise necromancer might bargain with the Furies with necrotic artifacts for these warrior.
3.Rhodok Sentinel - A formidable warrior clad in full plate and using a poleaxe, pole hammers or maybe a glaive. His armour and his iron blood of Rhodok people ensure that they will survive. I still yet have the idea of how to obtain him.
4.Khergit Black Strider - Rides on the unique black horse and using pistols and sabers they are use hit and run tactic on the enemy.
To recruit them you must get any kind of necromancer's steed and give to them.
5.Vaegir Bogatyr - The bogatyr is unique in that he is available only if the player choose to either be a mercenary or a vassal to kingdom of Vaegir.

NorthWind said:
I have an idea,now when Halloween is coming, how about adding some bloody retextured weapons?
AFAIK, it's not really doable, since N0ught exhausted the item limit; only way to add new items is to trim old ones.

Back
Top Bottom