The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicccard said:
In short

richard-sharpe-england-s-chuck-norris-demotivational-poster-1248071798.jpg
great pic!! :mrgreen: explains who sharpe is very well!!

Evil Cereal said:
Uh... could someone tell me who is this Sharpe? I keep bumping onto the name.

"Sharpe is a series of historical fiction stories by Bernard Cornwell centred on the character of Richard Sharpe. The stories formed the basis for an ITV television series wherein the eponymous character was played by Sean Bean." —Wikipedia

Richard Sharpe is a soldier in the British army who is made an officer after saving the life of Sir Arthur Wellesley (Wellington). He then proceeds to perform all kinds of badass deeds during the Peninsular Campaign. The entire first episode of the series (Sharpe's Rifles) can be found on Youtube, but I would recommend getting the entire series on DVD.

Aklis said:
Evil Cereal said:

"Sharpe is a series of historical fiction stories by Bernard Cornwell centred on the character of Richard Sharpe. The stories formed the basis for an ITV television series wherein the eponymous character was played by Sean Bean." —Wikipedia

Richard Sharpe is a soldier in the British army who is made an officer after saving the life of Sir Arthur Wellesley (Wellington). He then proceeds to perform all kinds of badass deeds during the Peninsular Campaign. The entire first episode of the series (Sharpe's Rifles) can be found on Youtube, but I would recommend getting the entire series on DVD.

u can actually watch most of the episodes even the newest ones on youtube.

And you are going to add the protagonist of some historical fiction stories as a hero?? That doesn't sound good...In my opinion is better to find information of true heroes that truly fought in the war or just made something important by their country.One of these heroes per faction would be good.

Aklis said:
Evil Cereal said:

'Kay, thank you  :grin:

I will probally make an hussar/lancer brigade(maybe with some cuirassiers) and ally myself with French-Spain  :mrgreen:

Or, go Dutch army and become one of Napoleon's Generals. I'll wear a Dutch grenadier uniform with a top hat  :mrgreen:

SirAlbert said:
And you are going to add the protagonist of some historical fiction stories as a hero?? That doesn't sound good...In my opinion is better to find information of true heroes that truly fought in the war or just made something important by their country.One of these heroes per faction would be good.
:roll:

SirAlbert said:

Hmmm. Well, maybe add Taylerand as master spy?  :mrgreen:

What I mean is that having real heroes that put their lives in risk by their countries,put in the mod a hero that didn't even exist is like an insult to all those men.

SirAlbert said:
What I mean is that having real heroes that put their lives in risk by their countries,put in the mod a hero that didn't even exist is like an insult to all those men.
so you want the thousands of soldiers that faught and died for their countrys?

SirAlbert said:
I hardly see how inserting a popular character from a famous series could be an insult.  Much of the interest in the Napoleonic era among people today comes from the wickedly popular books and movies.  It's mostly a shout-out to the sharpe series for the Sharpe fans.  Honestly, it's not like Sharpe is going to be the only companion character in the game man. 

Gilgameshismyhomey said:
SirAlbert said:
I hardly see how inserting a popular character from a famous series could be an insult.  Much of the interest in the Napoleonic era among people today comes from the wickedly popular books and movies.  It's mostly a shout-out to the sharpe series for the Sharpe fans.  Honestly, it's not like Sharpe is going to be the only companion character in the game man.

Or community made heroes as I suggested earlier. 

SirAlbert said:
Seriously? fictional characters are insults to veterans? When a medieval mod includes Robin Hood, should I be offended? no, I should have a laugh and recruit him.

I figured including real people would be more likely to cause offence, by having them run around and do things they didn't or join armies they fought against (how would Thomas Plunkett like to be dressed as a Voltigeur?).

Besides, my friends and I are big Sharpe fans (admitting the films are pretty ridiculous), and as I make the mod for my own gratification, I'll include any character that so pleases me. The mod is, afterall, supposed to be fun, not solemn tribute to the millions killed in the period.

Looks very nice, but i'm afraid abaut system requerements for this mod, now everyone say's that all mods laggy, but with thease smoke it will be horrible, is there will be options to turn smoke off ? I saw this option in mod for 1.011 in mod with gunpower(don't remember name).

Docm30 said:
Seriously? fictional characters are insults to veterans? When a medieval mod includes Robin Hood, should I be offended? no, I should have a laugh and recruit him.

I figured including real people would be more likely to cause offence, by having them run around and do things they didn't or join armies they fought against (how would Thomas Plunkett like to be dressed as a Voltigeur?).

Besides, my friends and I are big Sharpe fans (admitting the films are pretty ridiculous), and as I make the mod for my own gratification, I'll include any character that so pleases me. The mod is, afterall, supposed to be fun, not solemn tribute to the millions killed in the period.

Why is this even a thing in a video game?

Who gives a **** if robin hood is in Europe 1200 or whatever. Its the developers choice, not yours.

(how would Thomas Plunkett like to be dressed as a Voltigeur?).

I would get a kick out of this.

Let's add Lord Nelson as a mercenary for the French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom