The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicccard said:
The only differences are some small details(Which these pictures barely show) and the cockade

:razz: I still like the general's long outfit much more than the French ones :smile:
Sauerweid7b.jpg

Vicccard said:
Probably biiiiig russian update  :mrgreen:

Amen! :grin: May your words come true! :grin:

Bravo2255 said:
He has to be making something big, not really any progress lately..
I suppose new officers' uniforms, new shakoes for the French and new firearms (the most time-consuming things to make) don't count as progress.

I only put the big updates in the thread title --- there have been plenty of smaller ones since them Uhlans.

Vicccard said:
Probably biiiiig russian update  :mrgreen:
More probably I've been unable to do very much work over the last couple weeks for a variety of reasons.

Expect an update not far into the future, but don't expect something unreasonably significant.

Ililsa said:
This looks amazing, especially glad the 7th Hussars are in it.
Are female characters an option, and will there be different models or uniforms for them? And will officers of the 7th have a different uniform to the enlisted men? Not too sure on this but to my knowledge they had gold lace instead of white or silver and white jodhpur style breeches.
Female characters are certainly an option, but adding female versions of military uniforms would add a huge amount of work to my already overburdened workload, so I wouldn't count on them being included anytime soon. There will be new civilian clothes for women and one is still free to wear men's clothing, which sort of makes sense when you consider that virtually all women who fought in militaries did so in the guise of a male.

I'm not going to use the same BS excuse every game designer uses to explain when you can't create female characters in games, but simply say that you're free to play one but I haven't the time to tailor the game for female characters.

To whom ever asked what states will be represented in the Rheinbund. I don't know. I've made a change to recruitment that requires me to rewrite part of the troop trees, but I don't know for certain what troops will make the cut.

Thanks.

Docm30 said:
Female characters are certainly an option, but adding female versions of military uniforms would add a huge amount of work to my already overburdened workload, so I wouldn't count on them being included anytime soon. There will be new civilian clothes for women and one is still free to wear men's clothing, which sort of makes sense when you consider that virtually all women who fought in militaries did so in the guise of a male.

I'm not going to use the same BS excuse every game designer uses to explain when you can't create female characters in games, but simply say that you're free to play one but I haven't the time to tailor the game for female characters.

That's absolutely fine by me, really looking forward to seeing this. Are you able to comment RE Hussar officer uniforms? British Light cavalry is definitely what I'm going to be gearing my character towards.

its not really a huge work, open the model you want with brf and click something like make female model or like that and it makes one and then open game and wear it it will choose female model if ur a woman

Ililsa said:
That's absolutely fine by me, really looking forward to seeing this. Are you able to comment RE Hussar officer uniforms? British Light cavalry is definitely what I'm going to be gearing my character towards.
Aye. There will be a 7th Hussars Officer's uniform. They wore silver lace, though, until the whole regiment switched to gold/yellow lace in 1811.

Gambino said:
its not really a huge work, open the model you want with brf and click something like make female model or like that and it makes one and then open game and wear it it will choose female model if ur a woman
Except those look awful to the point of being broken. Not to mention they're impossibly skinny, making them look like skeletons.

They didn't really have many military uniforms tailored to women in the time period either, so I think you're safe on that front anyway :razz:

They did have woman Militairy style fashion. I've seen it a lot at re-enactments; they do like those hussars uniforms.

Docm30 said:
Ililsa said:
Aye. There will be a 7th Hussars Officer's uniform. They wore silver lace, though, until the whole regiment switched to gold/yellow lace in 1811.

Great! Interesting information too, I didn't know that, will help with something I'm writing.

I do believe there were some military uniforms tailored to women, mostly in ceremonial roles though, Royals given ceremonial Command of a regiment or similar.

Catherine the Great had a dress tailored for every regiment of the Imperial Guard. Here is her Preobrazhensky dress. And yet in her equestrian portraits she's dressed in the regular male attire.

A great template though for a female character might be Nadezhda Durova, aka. Alexander Sokolov, aka. Alexander Alexandrov. The openly secret woman-hussar (and later uhlan) who won the Tsar's personal attention, achieved a final rank of staff-captain, was awarded the Cross of St. George, and went on to publish a memoir and several novels; dying at 82 and being buried with full military honours. There are other examples too... but they all involve subterfuge.

Woow, nice! Catharina is epic  :grin:

There is a online gallery of a artist who made many beautiful photo's of female re-enactors, some in uniform, some in militairy fashion. I can look it up if you want.

And now for something completely different.

Docm, as you posses the most knowledge and sources around here, would you (or anyone here) know anything about the campaign dress of Hussards? I saw some in stable dress, and I saw some in the chasseur Kinski, and I've seen some in dolmans. I've been trying to find information or sources, but most paintings just love showing hussars in their parade uniform, on a battlefield.

I was thinking about asking this question on the NW forum, but I fear I'll just attract spammers and people who say it's not important...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom