The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volkonski said:
hadza999 said:
Agovic, please stop this you are spam this thread
and add Ottoman Empire and Montenegro if he likes it...
:grin: :grin:
And now Docm30 is gonna put the mod on an Atari 2600, i hope you're happy.

Haha, Docm meant for me, Viccard and others :smile: Not for this guy .D

Why are there pics of Swedish regiments in that post if you was proving something about the Country-that-shall-not-be-named?

Correct me if i'm wrong Agovic  :cool:

Yes, you are, I intended to as
kuauik said:
Captured Joe said:
Is there anything for the Wuerttembergers already?

BTW, everywhere where Napoleonic Swedish uniforms are being discussed, pictures like these are posted sooner or later:
SvenssonHD said:
Regular swedish infantry only really need one same model for the regular line infantry. For different regiments all you need is texturing which doesn't require that lot much of time! For instance

Bjorneborg-1802.gif

Helsinge-1802.gif

Nyland-1802.gif
I see them everywhere, but none of my usual uniform sources mention a Swedish uniform like it! I suspect them to be just really wrong. What do you think about them?
for whatever reason,this the only swedish uniform reference in these forums,how can someone create a uniform with this picture,no details,cartoonish colors,jeez use the internetz guys :mrgreen:
a reply to this ^^ :smile:

Captured Joe said:
Yeah, I want to know if those uniforms are seriously historically accurate! Docm, what do you think?

I got no idea tbh, it's the first thing I found :razz:

Bluehawk said:
http://www.swordandsabre.com/serv02.htm

Oh wait
Captured Joe said:
Uniforms of the Swedish Line infantry:
Description:
1798-1807: The following uniform characteristics were common to all regiments; the typical and characteristic flat-topped Swedish black, felt hat, with upturned left brim and white plume (Fig. 13 and 14). White belt across left shoulder to right hip with a white waistbelt worn outside the coat, holding the shrt sword on the left hip. The bayonet scabbard was worn beneath the ammunition pouch on the right hip. The Chasseurs (Jägare) of each company were dressed in green with black leatherwork. However, one authority states that the Bohuslen wore light blue and the Västmanland dark blue. This may be true of others. The knapsack was brown with copper canteen worn behind.

Don't tell me it's the same uniform, is it?
No, it should be more like... like the uniform on the right here:
Captured Joe said:
And, some Swedish Uniform plates from Tradition:
Swedish Guards (The Left and Middle ones wear the 1807 uniform, but the Jäger on the right has the right period uniform; During 1805, all infantry uniforms appeared to be of that model):

I have a little question,

Has Docm posted any screenshots of any Swedish soldiers? If he hasnt begun working on them yet (which I suspect) then dont bother
replying, ill take that as granted.

DiplexHeated said:
I have a little question,

Has Docm posted any screenshots of any Swedish soldiers? If he hasnt begun working on them yet (which I suspect) then dont bother
replying, ill take that as granted.

No he hasn't,in fact he hasn't even mentioned them I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom